Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:52:29 PM EDT
OK, I'm in a nostalgic mood today. In the 70's we would visit family in Mobile, AL and go to the Bel-Aire? Mall and hit the arcade. There was this one cool game I remember. It had a screen and a mock-up .50 cal. IIRC, the screen played a movie of Jap Zero's and you used the .50 cal to take them out. They'd blow up and everything.

Does anyone besides me remember this game or have a name?

Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:02:31 PM EDT
I remember one where a badly formed pair of plastic guns with spade grips was used to fire at targets that 'appeared' from behind jungle cover. I believe I remember pinkish or tanish tanks slowly sliding out from behind green foliage. If I remember correctly, it didn't use a screen, rather a complex set of electromechanical props and links. Played it once at an arcade in FL while visiting family, but never saw it again. It's probably been 25 years...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:02:55 PM EDT
Nope, not that one. The way I remember it, it was a vidoe screen playing a real movie of an aircraft flying across the screen.

Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:20 PM EDT
I remember that game. I forget exactly where I played it though, it was on a car trip across country, and there was a period of several days that just about every place we stopped had one of them. I must have played it at least a couple of dozen times in all before we left the area where they were.

I can't remember the name of it, but it was a jungle like theme and there were the spade grips.

Wow, that really brings back some memories.
Top Top