Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:44:51 AM EDT
I got a bird in my kitchen. Its not a robbin but its bigger than a finch. Its flying over my washer and dryer where it has glass on two sides. Lots of light, guess it thinks it can get out that way. I've closed off the upstairs, both bedrooms downstairs and the bathroom. I've left the kitchen door open which is the way it got in. So, do I try and save it or do I smack it with a broom? Maybe just name it and feed it? All sugestions will be considered.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:48:38 AM EDT
Get a digital cmaera. Get a cat. Post pics. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:51:37 AM EDT
My lazy cat just stared at it for a while then walked outside.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:52:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2003 11:53:45 AM EDT by Yankee1911]
Try to toss a bath towel over it and take it outside. Or, like Deliverator said, get a cat. [:D] Edit: Since you already have a cat, I'd suggest a 28 gauge. Less damage to the house that way.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:54:42 AM EDT
I got my fishing net ready but it could break a wing in that. Do birds bite?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:59:27 AM EDT
Yeah birds bite, but a small bird like that isn't going to really do any damage to you. I've been bitten by several birds (medium to large size parrots). I wouldn't worry about it too much. The towel will contain the bird long enough for you to get it outside.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:00:34 PM EDT
Do birds bite? Heh, I take it you've never had one as a pet. They bite. . .REALLY hard. I think the best way to get it out of your house is to get a towel or pillow case. This way you wont get bit. I've done this to pick up my parents small parrot when it gets spooked. You wont hurt it as long as you're careful. In fact, it may hurt itself by attacking the window. - Matt
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:01:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rainman: Maybe just name it and feed it? All sugestions will be considered.
View Quote
Wildlife is extremely dangerous. That's why it is called Wild. Even contemplating allowing something like that to dwell in your home is dangerous to the fabric of society. My feeling is that it is time for you to purchase a silencer and a gun to go with it (if you don't already have one). .45 ACP makes a fantastic silenced round (due to its mass and low velocity) which allows you to deliver a powerful punch even with subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:09:10 PM EDT
Alright. Used my fishing net. He grabbed it without flopping around in it. Walked it outside and now hes a free bird. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:38:21 PM EDT
[thinking]>>>>>>>[shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:49:29 PM EDT
deep fry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:16:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SouthernShark: My feeling is that it is time for you to purchase a silencer and a gun to go with it (if you don't already have one). .45 ACP makes a fantastic silenced round (due to its mass and low velocity) which allows you to deliver a powerful punch even with subsonic ammo.
View Quote
.45 ACP vs. sparrow? I'm thinking you'll get a little overpenetration. I wouldn't use anything over .380 on small birds. [;)]
Top Top