Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2001 5:38:47 PM EDT
My roomate had a major malfunction with his SAR-1 this weekend. We need an assault Weapon Certified smith to fix it for us. On a similar note, how would one go about getting rid of rust from the outside of the barrell of his Benelli M1 Super 90 (this is purely hypothetical of course)? Thanks, Shorty
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:59:26 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:33:32 PM EDT
Hey Shorty,just go to a search engine like-Mamma.com and do a search for Gunsmiths.One of the names that I've heard tossed around a few times is Martin Redding in Culver City.Good luck,SluggoLBC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:38:01 PM EDT
Thanks sluggo. Shorty
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:51:02 PM EDT
Give lawrence at Entreprise a call, stud.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:59:12 PM EDT
thanks, I didn't know Entreprise did outside work. That will give me a GREAT excuse to go look at the FAL I've been wanting. Shorty
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:04:10 PM EDT
[url]www.egsw.com [/url]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2001 7:06:54 PM EDT by Duffy]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:07:03 PM EDT
Thanks Matt, I've met Evan a couple of times and he seems like a good guy. Shorty
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:53:44 PM EDT
Geez! I guess I shot myself in the foot again! By all means, give the boys at Entreprise a call!I forgot that they do other work,even though I've been talking to Lawrence a bit lately(they're working on my Fal kit),he even said that he can thread my barrel and put a muzzle brake on my SAR-1 if I didn't mind waiting a while for it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 8:03:05 PM EDT
I hate to hear bad news about Martin Retting. I grew-up 2 miles from their shop and my first gun (An Enfield .303) was bought there for my 12th birthday, back in 1961. Yes, I have experienced rude people there, and I let Dan (one of the owners) know about it. Keith Campbell has been there at least 40 yrs. and he is a gem. As for gunsmithing, they do outstanding work. A bit pricey, but they stand behind it. Lawrence at Enterprise is a good guy. He does damage control to undo the rude behavior of some of the guys there.. I got so pissed off by some rude compensating dope there that I cancelled my order for $1200.00 FAL.. Lawrence and the owner (I forgot his name) made things right. I have also received sh!tY service from Turners and B n B. BUT,, I always make my concerns known... In writing via US Mail or e-mail Turners replied to my e-mail with an apology, and they fired the rude employee. I still will NOT give B n B my business. Back in 1999 despite 20K worth of business with them during the last 21 years, they never apologized and never delivered on an AR.. I ordered, and never got (I lost my opertunity to get the AR I wanted, as 1999 was the last chance to get one in Calif)I even had a hard time getting my $600 deposit back.. Took almost a year, 2 certified letters and threats of civil action. I do not understand why, retail stores in general and gun shops in particular, have some of the rudest people working there. Like I said I always complain in writing when I receive poor service...Sometimes it works.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:21:57 AM EDT
Heard a lot of good things about Triple H Accurizing. Ask for Larry or Herb Hirata. 626-334-2270 or 334-1883 ASR
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:18:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ASR: Heard a lot of good things about Triple H Accurizing. Ask for Larry or Herb Hirata. 626-334-2270 or 334-1883 ASR
View Quote
I hate to discredit a fellow shooter, but my experience with Larry was not good. I met Larry at the last Great Western show at the Fairplex in Dec. of '99 and talked to him about building my FAL. I came away feeling pretty confident about his abilities and decided to take him my parts to have him do a park' job as well as install US parts and muzzle brake. He may do great work, but I have no idea. I took my stuff to his place 2nd week of Jan. '00 and met his dad Herb. Both gentleman were professional and Larry showed me a FAL that he had just finished, which looked good. He told me at this point that he would have my gun done in three weeks. I was stoked because I had just yanked my parts from another 'smith who had held them captive from July '99 till Dec. '99 (that's a whole different horror story.). I waited one month then decided to call him. He said that he had been real busy and hadn't been able to start on it yet. After my previous experience, this sounded strangely familiar. I said "O.K., I don't want to hassle you, so just call me when it's done." First week of March I called again, and he still hadn't been able to start on it yet. Apparently, he had a "law enforcement" job that he had to get done first. Maybe I'm inpatient, but between him and a previous 'smith, I had been waiting to get my FAL done for 8 months by this time. He said he would get to it within the next week. Fine. First week of April I went to his home again and picked up my parts. They were all there, just in a different box than I had originally left them, which is good, I suppose. Hey, at least I know he looked at them. Go to Entreprise. Three weeks and my FAL was done. Lawrence rocks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:14:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MadMatt: [url]www.egsw.com [/url]
View Quote
Evan was the man when I lived in SoCal. I bought my Benelli from him, and he was flat out honest about products and procedures as far as gunsmithing went. He would tell you if that gotta-have-it doohickey was crap, rather than just taking your money and installing the weedwhacker attachment to your M1A. Fellow Jarhead, too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:45:35 PM EDT
ShortyAK, I seem to recall seeing a shop on Bolsa near Westminster. I think it might be called Bolsa Gunsmithing. I recall you mentioning that you live in O.C. so you may already be familiar with these guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:02:30 PM EDT
Bolsa is the only official Beretta warranty repair shop in the area. They don't deal with "Assault Weapons" though. I think Evan's is the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:04:17 PM EDT
Bolsa is the only official Beretta warranty repair shop in the area. They don't deal with "Assault Weapons" though. I think Evan's is the ticket.
Top Top