Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 8:37:46 PM EDT
I've never been on these pain meds before.  They appear to make me a little absent minded.  I got up and ready for bed and took my Lortab.  But then I thought I remembered taking it just a minute ago...so I counted the pills.  I'm one short, so either the pharmacy mess up (not likely) or I took the med forgot and took it again.  Does anyone know what problems this will cause?  I can always bring it back up as I just took it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
drink 3 shots of wiskey and call me in the morning
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh, enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, thanks you guys are a bunch of help.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Might want to eat something to prevent stomach upset, but I agree with the others, just enjoy the buzz..[:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me know when it kicks, so I can ask you to give me some money...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
dont worry man, ive done much stupider shit on purpose, youll be fine
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.snowcrest.net/glyph/background/fractal-1280-1024.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.snowcrest.net/glyph/background/fractal-1280-1024.jpg[/url]
View Quote

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I think these things are way over rated.  I'm still sitting here just typing away almost an hour after taking twice the dosage.  If one is supposed to knock you down pretty good, two definately should have made me tired but it didn't.  I had a mild hot flash for about 10 minutes but other than that nothing.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm...better take 2 more.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude ...ude ...de....
Are re you ou ok k ??
You're 're lookinging at me funnnnnyyyy...
st[it]op!!!!
what? who said that?

I just got Vicodin ES from my dentist tooo! I have had to take 2 before after a dual extraction and for a massive infection. usually half will work for normal stuff. I remember my first time tho, my wife said i was talking and doing things but i dont remember it. i remember falling asleep at the laptop so long without knowing it that when i cam too it had shut off. hahaha. I lost about a week of my life during that infection. Wake up, take vicodin, eat banana, turn on tv,................. 6 hours later....... look away from tv long enuff to find more vicodin and a banana. repeat. when one would not cut it, but 2 would be over kill, i drank a couple fingers of scotch. When I had IMMEDIATE PAIN that needed fast releif,  I crushed a whole vicoden and mixed it into a shot of scotch. HIT HARD AND FAST.  Have fun. Play a video game!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
[hi-jack_thread] Hey Max_Power, thanks for the new desktop wallpaper! [/hi-jack_thread]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure a crushed Vicodin and Scotch would be a hard fast kick.

I guess I'm lucky so far.  I'm not feeling much pain, that's for sure.  I do know that I won't be much use at work in this state.  Rambling on is one thing, logical computer programming is totally different.  I will probably take a sick day tomorrow and try to go off the Lortab pain meds in the afternoon and replace them with just Advil.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Lortab contains acetaminophen or Tylenol.  Never drink alcohol in combination with acetaminophen.  It will damage your liver.  Taking 2 Lortab shouldn't be that big of a deal.  If you're really worried, call poison control.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think these things are way over rated.  I'm still sitting here just typing away almost an hour after taking twice the dosage.  If one is supposed to knock you down pretty good, two definately should have made me tired but it didn't.  I had a mild hot flash for about 10 minutes but other than that nothing.

View Quote

Wash it down with some beer.  It will make you pee and get it out of your system.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Too much Acetaminaphen is bad for your liver. But just 2 Lortab isnt going to hurt you. Personally Narcotic Analgesics never did anything for me. Plain old Ibuprophen worked just as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]

When I was a teenager I took about eight Qualudes and drank half of 750ml bottle of Crown Royal and I survived.  What a dumbshit I was!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#20]
yeah ive been in the 10 range of "take 2 every 12 hours" painkillers...not the smartest thing to do, just trying to tell you youll be fine
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
You're getting sleeeeppy, verrryyyy sleeeeppy.[sleep][:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

dude, I just took a ambien and a serquel like ten min ago, is that pic moving, or is it just me..., I got to know man it's freaking me out man
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#23]
[Arnold] He'll live [/Arnold]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:49:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

dude, I just took a ambien and a serquel like ten min ago, is that pic moving, or is it just me..., I got to know man it's freaking me out man
View Quote

Are you sure you want everyone to know you're taking Seroquel?  Maybe your user name is fitting? [;D]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#25]
did your hands feel just like two balloons?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, you've taken something called orange sunshine, you'll want to lie down in a dark room and listen to some Allman Brothers.

(That's an approximate quote)
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]
c'mon, surely someone can name that quote....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok, you've taken something called orange sunshine, you'll want to lie down in a dark room and listen to some Allman Brothers.

(That's an approximate quote)
View Quote

c'mon, surely someone can name that quote....
View Quote

Dan Aykroyd (as Jimmy Carter), [i]Saturday Night Live[/i]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, smack your head with a hammer and see if you feel any pain; that will tell you if the Lortab is working.

Oh,yeah, one other point--Lortab stays in your system quite some time.  I stopped taking it, then two days later had 1/4 of one beer; I buzzed for almost 5 hours.  And it was the "lay on the floor, stop the world I want to get off" type buzz.  It was a free beer, too--that was the cheapest drunk I have EVER had!

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#30]
You will be fine.

I virtually guarantee it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#31]
SWIRE,

You should have yourself checked into a psychiatric hospital for seeking medical advice on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#32]
2 huh??

Rookie.

Sgtar`15
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
SWIRE,

You should have yourself checked into a psychiatric hospital for seeking medical advice on AR15.com.
View Quote

Hey I was under the influence at the time.  That's my excuse for coming here for medical help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top