Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 6:17:22 AM EDT
While travelling once, I saw the end of a movie that looked pretty interesting.

Near the end, it had a prolonged fight between aa couple of guys, set in what looked like a reservoir or maybe it was one of those rivers like in L.A. where it's all concrete.

So when I heard of "Reservoir Dogs", I rented that, but it wasn't the one.

Does anyone know the title or any of the actors?

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, I thought you were describing the final act in [b]Heat[/b]!

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you'll need to be a LITTLE more descriptive than that...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, a little more info would help
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds sorta like that one Brian Bonsworth movie, but as I recall, that fight took place on the roof of a building. It also sorta sounds like something with Steven Segal, Jean Claude Van-Dam or some of those action guys. We are movie goers here, especially movies with good fight scenes. Perhaps someone could help you out with a few more details.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#5]
"To Live and Die in LA" was a title that came to mind but I don't think there is a fight scene like the one described.  

I did come across a review of the movie with a pretty good paragraph.

The good guys in this one are a couple of agents who pursue Masters as a personal vendetta and break the law in order to satisfy the need for the only real justice there is, revenge. Thus the agents themselves become criminals, albeit with a higher purpose. It's the gospel of vigilantism again, the idea that personal loyalty is the true spiritual marker when the Law is the horse's ass. It's another one of those Constitutional truths, a paradox like the citizen's right to bear arms while being denied the right to revolution.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Help! Name this movie.........

View Quote

I will name this movie [size=5]FRED[/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]

I remember an old movie from the late '70s starring Warren Beatty in which he had a fistfight right in front of a dam that was just opening its sluice gates, flooding the valley.  Don't know the name of this movie, but Warren Beatty was definitely the star.  Hope that helps.

Also, much more recently, "The Hunted" starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro had the climax at a dam or waterfall.  By the way this movie is awesome, and by awesome I mean totally sweet.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Possibly "Bound by Honor", East LA mexican gang movie w/ Benjamin Bratt. Just a thought.

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1993/04/854970.html#cast

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Possibly "Bound by Honor", East LA mexican gang movie w/ Benjamin Bratt. Just a thought.

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1993/04/854970.html#cast

View Quote

No it's not. Its Fred!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Grease?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I remember an old movie from the late '70s starring Warren Beatty in which he had a fistfight right in front of a dam that was just opening its sluice gates, flooding the valley.  Don't know the name of this movie, but Warren Beatty was definitely the star.  Hope that helps.

Also, much more recently, "The Hunted" starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro had the climax at a dam or waterfall.  By the way this movie is awesome, and by awesome I mean totally sweet.  Seriously.
View Quote

Uh... you're thinking of "Chinatown" with Jack Nicholson, not Warren Beatty.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The Sound of Music!?!?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Uh... you're thinking of "Chinatown" with Jack Nicholson, not Warren Beatty.
View Quote

That's the one I was thinking of.  The "cut nose", right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
With the minimal information, I am going to take a guess. It sounds like it might be "City of Industry" staring Harvy Kitel. Not a bad revenge flick at all (great pen to the neck scene).
S/F
Flyingrhino
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#16]
American X?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You should at least be able to tell us what guns were used in the final fight scene in "FRED."
View Quote

How the heck do I know?? I never saw it. PRK just wanted someone to name the movie.

I did. So, now its Fred.[wave]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#18]
"The Parallax View", about assassination and coverup.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]
'Fred' wasnt a bad movie.

But the sequel 'Rick' sucked ass.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, I've heard Rick sucked ass also.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, I've heard Rick sucked ass also.
View Quote

TOM was by far the better of the three
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh, yeah, the fight was in broad daylight.

Sorry, not much more I can remember -- it's been 4-5 years at least.

"To Live & Die in LA" is a great movie, but not the one.

It's not Chinatown, though that was also excellent.   "Her sister" [whap!] "Her Mother" [whap!]   Hey, how was "The Two Jakes"?

I saw "city of Industry" and it ws real good, but I don't think it was the one.  T

"Bound by Honor"
"Parallax View"
"The Hunted"    are possibilities I'll have to check out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#23]
is it the end of "Backaroo Banzai"???...perhaps the worst movie EVER made next to "Star Wars: Episode One, the Phantom Menace"
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#24]
is it the end of "Backaroo Banzai"???...perhaps the worst movie EVER made next to "Star Wars: Episode One, the Phantom Menace"
View Quote

Man how could you go wrong with Rastifarian Aliens and Lithgow's classic 'Monkeyboy!'line. I thought that movie was great back then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top