Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 9:01:46 AM EDT

OK, I'm a dumbass and sat down in our car with ball point pen in my back pocket which made a couple of scribble marks on the leather seat.[:O]

What the best way to remove an ink stain without harming the leather?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

OK, I'm a dumbass and sat down in our car with ball point pen in my back pocket which made a couple of scribble marks on the leather seat.[:O]

What the best way to remove an ink stain without harming the leather?

Thanks!
View Quote

You cant. Sell the car.

No no no..... try Goo Gone. I used quite a bit yeterday on a plastic horse that my daughter used one of those "sharpie" permanent ink pens on. It worked but try in on an inconspicuous place first just in case it may affect the leather.

BTW, I should sue Sharpie for false advertising... guess its not so "permanent" as they say.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife swears that women's hairspray on a cloth will remove ink from leather purses.

Can't hurt to try.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Careful with that goo gone. Dab a little in a hidden place on the seat to make sure its not going to stain and make a bigger problem for you. Hairspray has worked for me in the past. Use it in small amounts. Dab it a little at a time as opposed to scrubbing. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top