Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 5:33:32 AM EDT
My preban Bushmaster's bolt catch is hard to actuate when under pressure from the bolt and is loose from front to back when not under pressure.I went outside to shoot and had the bolt locked open,inserted a fresh mag of M855 and the bolt catch was super hard to release.I popped off the lower and was able to wiggle the bolt catch front to back quite a bit.I don't see any silver in the reciver where the mag catch is seated so what is the deal?I need help since this is my primary.Any ideas?

Thanks

SOPMODM4
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like the retaining pin it pivots on is bent. Otherwise it wouldn't be loose as you describe it. Check it visually & close up by moving the catch slowly while looking at the pivot pin. If you see unnecessary movement that may be your culprit. The gun may have been dropped or banged against something hard enough to cause the pin to have bent. Then the bent section works around inside the mag catch  causing it to have a different angle each time it's used. Try this & see what happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top