Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:35 AM EST
For some reason at this job my only recluse is hanging around on the internet. We have 4 tv's down here that we can watch but two are always on the weather channel. When I sit at the tv I try to put on something that should be mildly entertaining for just about everyone in the room. When I do not have control of the remote, they all seem to think that Country music is the perfect mood setter. CMT sits on this damn tv for at least 7 hours of the day. I hate country music. I fear I may go insane! I need amusement, please help......
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:22:18 AM EST
Take control of the situation. Take hostages, don't become one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:22:37 AM EST
can you get Springer?

Oh, and where can I get a job that pays to watch the tube?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:25:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:17 AM EST
Books.

Exercise.

Portable CD/MP3 with headphones.

nekkid dancing

The possibilities are endless.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:27:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
can you get Springer?

Oh, and where can I get a job that pays to watch the tube?

Yes, we have cable......... we can get Springer

Umm..it's a county job..hehe nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:28:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 6:28:49 AM EST by HeldHostage]

Originally Posted By TWIRE:
Books.

Exercise.

Portable CD/MP3 with headphones.

nekkid dancing

The possibilities are endless.

Books, can do yes. Exercise..no, I'm kinda wired to a console. Portable CD/MP3 no, I have to listen and talk on the radio. Nekkid dancin..no, not with the other 6 people in here standin around.

TRG...considering it's part time, it only drives me crazy about 10% of the time when the country music junkies hog the remote controls.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:28:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:30:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By HeldHostage:
I need amusement, please help......

Next time take a Barbie and a GiJoe figure with you to work.

And a camera if you are feeling naughty.

Sgatr15

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:01:59 AM EST
Change the channels on ALL TVs to what you want.

Then get rid of the remotes. If they're county workers, they'll be too lazy to change the channel manually.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:03:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=948&iGalleryUnq=1674&iImageUnq=30139

Sgatr15

SGtar15

???
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:06:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=948&iGalleryUnq=1674&iImageUnq=30139

Sgatr15

SGtar15

???

AHH HAA! I knew Quietshootr wasn't aware of his celebrity endorsements!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:17:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
What's wrong with country music?

the shit on CMT is NOT country music as it was made within the last 20 years................
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:22:32 AM EST

For some reason at this job my only recluse is hanging around on the internet. We have 4 tv's down here that we can watch but two are always on the weather channel. When I sit at the tv I try to put on something that should be mildly entertaining for just about everyone in the room. When I do not have control of the remote, they all seem to think that Country music is the perfect mood setter. CMT sits on this damn tv for at least 7 hours of the day. I hate country music. I fear I may go insane! I need amusement, please help......

So let me get this straight...

You have a job, where you can surf the internet, watch TV and listen to the radio and you claim that you ar being tortured?!?!?!?

Why don't you try answering computer related questions for people who don't speak english, or designing fibre optic networks for customers that shop your ideas to other vendors!

STFU!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:35:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:41:51 AM EST
Get over it ,consider it as a requirement for staying employed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

So let me get this straight...

You have a job, where you can surf the internet, watch TV and listen to the radio and you claim that you ar being tortured?!?!?!?

Why don't you try answering computer related questions for people who don't speak english, or designing fibre optic networks for customers that shop your ideas to other vendors!

STFU!

I don't listen to THE radio, I listen to A radio... which is currently full of people who don't know how to sit still, creating extra work for myself and themselves, can't make up their minds as to who goes to what 'n who sits still and it's getting semi frustrating!! Not to mention the broken radios, the guys getting irritated when I tell them to repeat, etc. So........ you STFU.. and learn a foreign language like I did, maybe then you won't have that problem of not understanding the people who don't speak English.

I can't change the channels...... I don't have the remotes, they do. And yes, I get the net and have to listen to CMT for another oh...2 hours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:44:29 AM EST
You're being tortured you say?

What kind of womens' underwear are they putting on your head?

- BG
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:45:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
You're being tortured you say?

What kind of womens' underwear are they putting on your head?

- BG

I wear my underwear on my bottom thanks, not my head.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:26 AM EST
I got a suggestion…

Do your job, be thankful you have one... and quit whining.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:55:09 AM EST
Change Jobs.............

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:23:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 8:24:22 AM EST by HeldHostage]

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
I got a suggestion…

I have 2 and work 60-70 hrs. per week on average, both are part time. I shall whine as my eyes hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts, etc. by the end of the day. 70 hrs. invested..I earn my whine time. I like Bill's suggestion better!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:30:01 AM EST
Blecchhhhhhhhhhhh I hate country music.

My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:36:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Blecchhhhhhhhhhhh I hate country music.

My condolences.

Ty Gabby.....someone who understands
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:55:28 AM EST

I got a suggestion…

What he said.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:59:33 AM EST
Uhh, can I work there? You get to watch CMT 7 hours a day? With internet? Are you hiding in my house?

I never liked country till my bus driver(the psycotic bitch) had a radio and speakers installed in 9th grade. After a yr or so I liked country. By my senior year I only listened to country. Holy shit, I was brain washed!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:22:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:28:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 9:32:00 AM EST by Dave_A]

Remove CMT from the TV's channel lineup.

Go into the TV menu and 'delete' that channel, so that when they try to find it it flips to tne next one up...

Then, remove the batteries from the remotes so they can't add it back or punch it in by hand...

P.S.

Country Music SUCKS!

Oh, and I had it worse, I worked with a JERRY SPRINGER ADDICT for 2 years...

I eventually turned on the Parental Controls for all the TVs so Jerr-y got 'disabled'....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:28:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

How???
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:30:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

How???

Edited to add now...

If that doesn't help, show up in chat tonight, and I'll see if I can give you more specific instructions...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:31:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 9:37:45 AM EST by Alien]

Originally Posted By PennvilleBill:
Change Jobs.............

You know, the US Postal Service logo looks an AWEFUL lot like the Colonial Marines logo from the movie Aliens. Maybe it's a visual pun?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:36:42 AM EST
You must be a 911 operator. Every damn 911 center I have walked into has at least two tv's and they are on the weather channel and a country music station.
Bob
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:37:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:
You must be a 911 operator. Every damn 911 center I have walked into has at least two tv's and they are on the weather channel and a country music station.
Bob

you get a golf clap!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:39:43 AM EST
Did anyone else find the topic and user name funny?
HeldHostage and "Help, I'm being tortured at work"?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:32:45 AM EST

Bob

you get a golf clap!

Not sure what that is but, uh, thanks.

Are you in southern Indiana? I may have met you before.

Bob
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:21:30 PM EST

I can't change the channels...... I don't have the remotes, they do. And yes, I get the net and have to listen to CMT for another oh...2 hours.

Well duuuuhhh... go on a covert op and SIEZE them. Do we have to think of everything?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:57:28 AM EST

Bob

you get a golf clap!

Not sure what that is but, uh, thanks.

Are you in southern Indiana? I may have met you before.

Bob

Nope, central indiana.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:00:42 AM EST

confront them. tell them to piss off with the country music. I agree that most country music blows donkeys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:01:45 AM EST

I got a suggestion…

I have 2 and work 60-70 hrs. per week on average, both are part time. I shall whine as my eyes hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts, etc. by the end of the day. 70 hrs. invested..I earn my whine time. I like Bill's suggestion better!

You do have a fine whine. Would you like some cheese to go with it ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:02:44 AM EST

I got a suggestion…

go to hell.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:20:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:

I got a suggestion…

Only if that cheese is on a sub of some sort........preferrably turkey....with a little honey mustard..and some bacon..white bread please.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:59:55 PM EST
I had a Casio watch that had a remote control, I used to see people in the cafeteria arguing over wrestling and when Cops would come on people would yell Police brutality, so no one knew but my watch would turn off the TV or change the channel, people would be watching wrestling and I would change the channel with my watch or turn it off the TV completely, some girls actually thought the Cafeteria was haunted.....LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:28:14 PM EST
Ok... you need....

black electrical tape.

a "quiet moment alone"

Manually set the channels to what ever you want.

Cover the infra red receptor (The little dark LED looking thing on the front of the TV) with the tape.

Do not smile when the remotes cease to work.

Or... Use black nail polish and hard coat them. Either way you block the remote's signal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:41:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By wetidlerjr:

I got a suggestion…

Only if that cheese is on a sub of some sort........preferrably turkey....with a little honey mustard..and some bacon..white bread please.

Turkey, Cucumber, Honey Mustard on White Italian Bread from SUBWAY!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:45:11 PM EST
Held Hostage

You should try listening to Spanish RAP music sometime

I am lucky if it is just Spanish Soap Operas

How about everyone in your office speaks Spanish so you have no idea of what everybody is talking about

JOIN MY WORLD!

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:51:16 PM EST
Buy a small programmable remote and screw with them.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:41:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 7:50:53 PM EST by luger355]

Originally Posted By Vulcan94:
Buy a small programmable remote and screw with them.

Vulcan94

+1

you could turn the channel to HSN or Oxygen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:43:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
What's wrong with country music?

You mean, aside from being horrible?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:47:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:02:29 PM EST
Have a WalMart nearby? Buy a 'universal remote'. Then take a look to see who made the TVs that are bothering you. follow the instructions with the remote to set it to that brand. May take a couple tries. Then you have your own remote to change the channel.

I did this back in the 80's when GE sold a smart remote. copied the remote of the cable box at my fav after work bar, and waited for the barkeep to change the channel. I'd wait for him to lay it down and I'd hit previous channel on mine. He picked the remote back up and tried again, and I changed it back. Great fun. Especially watching him slam it on the bar and try again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:11:20 PM EST
Imagine you work for the USPS, and go postal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top