Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2006 7:36:46 AM EDT
I'm not gonna say that I'm looking for a reloading bench, or that I will use this as a reloading bench, because someone might say I should've posted this in the reloading forum.

There's a lot more traffic here in GD.

So...I'm looking for a reloading work bench exactly like this (far right bench):

It needs to be 30" deep, and strong.  The work benches from Sears, etc are OK.  But I want something more stable for reloading working on.

I've called quite a few place this morning, and most do not stock like items - it must be ordered.  And once the order is placed, it's mine; if I don't like it, I'm stuck with it.

2 places that appeared to be able to order what I wanted were Dunn & Co Casters LP (the above pic) and Lone Star Material Handling & Pkg.

I need to find a store that carries them in or near San Antonio so I can go do the touchy/feely before I buy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
my dad and i built a reloading bench years ago when i shot competition. it's still holding up pretty well. let me know if you need help building one. i don't really have any tools, but i'm in san antonio and bored out of my mind half the damn time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
you could buy a 48" kitchen base cabinet and a super-heavy countertop for pretty cheap....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my dad and i built a reloading bench years ago when i shot competition. it's still holding up pretty well. let me know if you need help building one. i don't really have any tools, but i'm in san antonio and bored out of my mind half the damn time.

Sounds like you did it right.

Thanks for the plan offer - see my next post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you could buy a 48" kitchen base cabinet and a super-heavy countertop for pretty cheap....

Took the spare bedroom and put 2 24" door-bases on the end, and 1 18" 4-drawer base in the middle of a 10' countertop.  This will be for cleaning guns, etc.

I need to bench for reloading working on.

The 10' countertop seems pretty stable - but I'm not so sure the countertop itself would hold up to the stress.  I considered re-inforcing it with steel in the high stress area, but decided against that.  Plus, I over-engineer everything I do - so am looking for a bench as above.

I have built benches in that past - and they were bomb proof.  Just looking for something a little better looking - to match the cabinets and it being indoors and all...

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top