Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 7:36:46 AM EDT
I'm not gonna say that I'm looking for a reloading bench, or that I will use this as a reloading bench, because someone might say I should've posted this in the reloading forum.

There's a lot more traffic here in GD.

So...I'm looking for a reloading work bench exactly like this (far right bench):

It needs to be 30" deep, and strong. The work benches from Sears, etc are OK. But I want something more stable for reloading working on.

I've called quite a few place this morning, and most do not stock like items - it must be ordered. And once the order is placed, it's mine; if I don't like it, I'm stuck with it.

2 places that appeared to be able to order what I wanted were Dunn & Co Casters LP (the above pic) and Lone Star Material Handling & Pkg.

I need to find a store that carries them in or near San Antonio so I can go do the touchy/feely before I buy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:27:42 AM EDT
my dad and i built a reloading bench years ago when i shot competition. it's still holding up pretty well. let me know if you need help building one. i don't really have any tools, but i'm in san antonio and bored out of my mind half the damn time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:30:16 AM EDT
you could buy a 48" kitchen base cabinet and a super-heavy countertop for pretty cheap....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:37:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cookhj:
my dad and i built a reloading bench years ago when i shot competition. it's still holding up pretty well. let me know if you need help building one. i don't really have any tools, but i'm in san antonio and bored out of my mind half the damn time.

Sounds like you did it right.

Thanks for the plan offer - see my next post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:42:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
you could buy a 48" kitchen base cabinet and a super-heavy countertop for pretty cheap....

Took the spare bedroom and put 2 24" door-bases on the end, and 1 18" 4-drawer base in the middle of a 10' countertop. This will be for cleaning guns, etc.

I need to bench for reloading working on.

The 10' countertop seems pretty stable - but I'm not so sure the countertop itself would hold up to the stress. I considered re-inforcing it with steel in the high stress area, but decided against that. Plus, I over-engineer everything I do - so am looking for a bench as above.

I have built benches in that past - and they were bomb proof. Just looking for something a little better looking - to match the cabinets and it being indoors and all...

Thanks.
Top Top