Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:27:41 AM EDT
So being a total retard, I managed to drop my phone. Its a new Motorola RAZR V3. Anyways, everything works, except that the housing cracked and now the phone opens kinda funny. By looking at RAZR Blueprints, I know that I would need to replace 2, maybe 3 pieces of the housing. I was wondering if anyone has ever replaced cell phone housings and can tell me the steps involved or can point me in the direction of someone who can help. Its a Verizon phone bought a week ago. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:34:37 AM EDT
If you can't return it and it still works call in and get insurance added. Stick it out for a month and get a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jmarkma:
If you can't return it and it still works call in and get insurance added. Stick it out for a month and get a replacement.

+1
it is a $50 deductable.they next day a new one to you after you pay the deductable.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hanau:

Originally Posted By jmarkma:

+1
it is a $50 deductable.they next day a new one to you after you pay the deductable.

THe $50 detuctable might be more than what the repair would be to fix the housing though I think. Everything on the phone works, its just the housing needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:52:02 AM EDT
Just talked with both Verizon and Motorola... Verzion said that I should get a new phone ($$$) and Motorola charges $75 to repair it. I got put in touch with a local service center, who is closed today.
Top Top