Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/9/2002 12:34:12 PM EST
OK, I need to find (but cant seem to anywhere) a network card driver for a Compaq 1600 series running Windows 98. It is an NDIS2 Driver... Anybody know where I can find one????
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:36:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:38:20 PM EST
Is the NIC on the motherboard or is it a separate card? Who is the card or motherboard manufacturer? If there is no mfg. on the board(s), then what is the FCC ID of the part? You can look up the mfg in the FCC database. Once you find the mfg of the component, you should be able to get the driver from them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:43:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:45:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By BenDover: Is the NIC on the motherboard or is it a separate card? Who is the card or motherboard manufacturer? If there is no mfg. on the board(s), then what is the FCC ID of the part? You can look up the mfg in the FCC database. Once you find the mfg of the component, you should be able to get the driver from them.
View Quote
I believe it to be on the mother board. Your method sounds way to complicated..
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:46:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wolfpack: Ever think about typing "ndis2 driver" into Google??
View Quote
Tried it..didnt get what i was looking for
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:52:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 12:58:52 PM EST by kpel308]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:12:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:13:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:14:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:36:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: [url]http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/14546.html[/url] You are welcome.
View Quote
Now there is an odd place to find a driver for a Compaq computer [:O] Jamie
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:03:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:37:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: I think I need a staff members help to modify "ComputerGuys" name to something ah, different. GonnaBeAComputerGuy WantaBeAComputerGuy AnyoneKnowAComputerGuy NotExactlyAComputerGuy What do you think [;)] DumbasaRockComputerGuy EveryoneHelpMeComputerGuy ImTooLazyToDoItForMyselfComputerGuy - after you searched for an "NDIS2 Driver" I searched for "NDIS 2" and saw the compaq hit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:42:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:46:35 PM EST
I don't know Jack about computers, but I'm a pretty good truck driver. Ben The(multi-talented)Emu
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:46:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wolfpack: Ever think about typing "ndis2 driver" into Google??
View Quote
That is amazing. If he looked "everywhere" you would think he could manage that. o-well you bailed him out again... [:(]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:51:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: I think I need a staff members help to modify "ComputerGuys" name to something ah, different. GonnaBeAComputerGuy WantaBeAComputerGuy AnyoneKnowAComputerGuy NotExactlyAComputerGuy What do you think [;)] - after you searched for an "NDIS2 Driver" I searched for "NDIS 2" and saw the compaq hit.
View Quote
I suggest "Dumbass"....we should do a poll [;)] Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:31:50 PM EST
in comp guys defense, individual compaq drivers are sometimes impossible to find i looked for months for an .inf driver for a p900 monitor and ended up asking someone to send me a cd with the win95 .inf two days later i did a google search and there was the new file buried on the compaq ftp site! compaq sucks
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:54:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Paul: Now don't get mean. I was only joshing - I have a whole alphabet's worth of letters after my name but still ask for help sometimes.
View Quote
Paul, I too ask for help with things, but after I've done some looking on my own. It's another thing when someone can't be bothered to do it themselves.. ie.."Your method sounds way to complicated". Sometimes the complicated way is the only way! Computerguy is a nice guy. I've purchased some stuff from him myself and never had a problem, but jeesh...many of the questions he posts here could be answered with a little research on his part.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:01:22 PM EST
He may be SOL if it's a Proliant 1600. The Proliant are Servers and Compaq appears to only have drivers for Server Operating Systems(RedHat, Linux, Win2000, NT, 3.51, etc). They don't have a driver listed for Win98, although if he is lucky the drivers for Win2000 or NT4.0 MIGHT work. If this is the case, he may have to open the box up and get the card number/manufacturer info, or even the chip numbers and try to get the drivers from another source....the complicated way.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:24:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By neilfj:
Originally Posted By Paul: Now don't get mean. I was only joshing - I have a whole alphabet's worth of letters after my name but still ask for help sometimes.
View Quote
Paul, I too ask for help with things, but after I've done some looking on my own. It's another thing when someone can't be bothered to do it themselves.. ie.."Your method sounds way to complicated". Sometimes the complicated way is the only way! Computerguy is a nice guy. I've purchased some stuff from him myself and never had a problem, but jeesh...many of the questions he posts here could be answered with a little research on his part.
View Quote
I spent the better part of three hours looking for the driver on Google! No kidding!! Thanks a bunch Paul, that's the one! Woohoo! :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:30:28 PM EST
I am changing my name to "Rocket Scientist"
Top Top