Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 1:34:12 PM EDT
OK, I need to find (but cant seem to anywhere) a network card driver for a Compaq 1600 series running Windows 98.

It is an NDIS2 Driver...

Anybody know where I can find one????
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the NIC on the motherboard or is it a separate card?

Who is the card or motherboard manufacturer? If there is no mfg. on the board(s), then what is the FCC ID of the part? You can look up the mfg in the FCC database.

Once you find the mfg of the component, you should be able to get the driver from them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the NIC on the motherboard or is it a separate card?

Who is the card or motherboard manufacturer? If there is no mfg. on the board(s), then what is the FCC ID of the part? You can look up the mfg in the FCC database.

Once you find the mfg of the component, you should be able to get the driver from them.
View Quote

I believe it to be on the mother board. Your method sounds way to complicated..
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ever think about typing "ndis2 driver" into Google??
View Quote

Tried it..didnt get what i was looking for
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/14546.html[/url]

You are welcome.

View Quote

Now there is an odd place to find a driver for a Compaq computer [:O]

Jamie
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I need a staff members help to modify "ComputerGuys" name to something ah, different.

GonnaBeAComputerGuy
WantaBeAComputerGuy
AnyoneKnowAComputerGuy
NotExactlyAComputerGuy

What do you think [;)]

DumbasaRockComputerGuy
EveryoneHelpMeComputerGuy
ImTooLazyToDoItForMyselfComputerGuy

- after you searched for an "NDIS2 Driver" I searched for "NDIS 2" and saw the compaq hit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know Jack about computers, but I'm a pretty good truck driver.  

Ben  The(multi-talented)Emu
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ever think about typing "ndis2 driver" into Google??
View Quote

That is amazing.  If he looked "everywhere" you would think he could manage that.

o-well you bailed him out again...

[:(]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think I need a staff members help to modify "ComputerGuys" name to something ah, different.

GonnaBeAComputerGuy
WantaBeAComputerGuy
AnyoneKnowAComputerGuy
NotExactlyAComputerGuy

What do you think [;)]

- after you searched for an "NDIS2 Driver" I searched for "NDIS 2" and saw the compaq hit.
View Quote

I suggest "Dumbass"....we should do a poll [;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
in comp guys defense, individual compaq drivers are sometimes impossible to find
i looked for months for an .inf driver for a p900 monitor and ended up asking someone to send me a cd with the win95 .inf
two days later i did a google search and there was the new file buried on the compaq ftp site!
compaq sucks
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Now don't get mean. I was only joshing - I have a whole alphabet's worth of letters after my name but still ask for help sometimes.

View Quote

Paul,
I too ask for help with things, but after I've done some looking on my own. It's another thing when someone can't be bothered to do it themselves.. ie.."Your method sounds way to complicated". Sometimes the complicated way is the only way!

Computerguy is a nice guy. I've purchased some stuff from him myself and never had a problem, but jeesh...many of the questions he posts here could be answered with a little research on his part.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]
He may be SOL if it's a Proliant 1600.

The Proliant are Servers and Compaq appears to only have drivers for Server Operating Systems(RedHat, Linux, Win2000, NT, 3.51, etc). They don't have a driver listed for Win98, although if he is lucky the drivers for Win2000 or NT4.0 MIGHT work.

If this is the case, he may have to open the box up and get the card number/manufacturer info, or even the chip numbers and try to get the drivers from another source....the complicated way.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now don't get mean. I was only joshing - I have a whole alphabet's worth of letters after my name but still ask for help sometimes.

View Quote

Paul,
I too ask for help with things, but after I've done some looking on my own. It's another thing when someone can't be bothered to do it themselves.. ie.."Your method sounds way to complicated". Sometimes the complicated way is the only way!

Computerguy is a nice guy. I've purchased some stuff from him myself and never had a problem, but jeesh...many of the questions he posts here could be answered with a little research on his part.
View Quote

I spent the better part of three hours looking for the driver on Google! No kidding!!

Thanks a bunch Paul, that's the one! Woohoo! :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I am changing my name to "Rocket Scientist"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top