Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2018 9:35:24 PM EDT
Needing to "pick your brain's for advice!"

I've started teaching various first responder classes privately.

I'm retired and on a fixed income so have to make the most efficient, attractive and effective presentation for the money. This would be an entirely up front self funded program.

I've got a laptop but wonder if I would benefit from a specific laptop with key components or systems.

I've never worked with a "projector or sound system," but am comfortable with Power Point.

I don't expect to get rich but would like to at least cover expenses while providing a service to my community and local providers.

All input and assistance is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:00:02 PM EDT
No special computer needed but a good set of speakers and a projector will be essential. Not sure what other information you are looking for.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:04:37 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
No special computer needed but a good set of speakers and a projector will be essential. Not sure what other information you are looking for.
View Quote
I have never used a projector so could use recommendations and advice on them. Again, need the "most bang for my buck!"

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 2:49:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shadawick:

I have never used a projector so could use recommendations and advice on them. Again, need the "most bang for my buck!"

Thanks!
View Quote
I doubt there is a lot of difference between equivalent priced units. I've used many different brands and they all did the trick.

I would buy a base model first and then once you've been using it for awhile, you can always upgrade and then keep the older one as a spare.

The bulbs are fragile so it's always good to have a spare.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 1:10:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:

I doubt there is a lot of difference between equivalent priced units. I've used many different brands and they all did the trick.

I would buy a base model first and then once you've been using it for awhile, you can always upgrade and then keep the older one as a spare.

The bulbs are fragile so it's always good to have a spare.
View Quote
Sounds like good advice! Thank you!
Top Top