Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2010 3:38:08 AM EDT
Anyone here use them? I was thinking they may help with training. Any thoughts? Which models and where to buy?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to try a cheap PVS 14 rail mount and put a digital camcorder on my rifle.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I wear this thing now. Only downside is you need the extra waterproof case if you go out in the weather

http://stuntcams.com/shop/mini-camera-police-video-recorder-cam-640x480-res-p-194.html?osCsid=7e1822e9e36280f88208ecd9f658369d

edited because they had two models that were so close in appearance I didn't notice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 3:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
i've always wondered what Arfcom members "train for" and if they can say what they train like, or if they consider it opsec
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i've always wondered what Arfcom members "train for" and if they can say what they train like, or if they consider it opsec

Hey newcomer, I was asking a serious question. If you really wanted to know, rather than be a troll, you might try asking....just saying.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wear this thing now. Only downside is you need the extra waterproof case if you go out in the weather

http://stuntcams.com/shop/scorpion-mini-camera-extremely-small-720x480-res-p-118.html

How do you wear it? I'm looking for something I can mount on my helmet and also on my carbine. Wouldn't a camera with the lense mounted axially be easier?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey newcomer, I was asking a serious question. If you really wanted to know, rather than be a troll, you might try asking....just saying.

ok, so what do you train for?

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?
shoplifters at the mall you pull security at?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

How about personal improvement?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?
I think you wandered into the wrong website, I will help you find your way out.

and the hammer cometh..
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://stuntcams.com/shop/scorpion-mini-camera-extremely-small-720x480-res-p-118.html

Got any sample video?  Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

BAM!   A little early in the mornin' to be pissing off the Penguin...see what that gets ya?

Nice catch Aimless

Bryan

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
OP: Thanks for the thread, I had been wanting to ask the same myself. Good info on here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

Although you are probably toast, I will respond to this just because I like to help the less fortunate who got the short end of the stick when they were passing out brains.

Quite a few of our members here are military and LE.  Others simply like to train just like anyone else who wants to improve themself in a martial skill.  Pride in the ability to do something better than someone else and the fact the skills could be useful even though you hope you never need them.  

I am guessing you think all the different martial arts schools around the country should be closed down as well since I doubt anyone will be attacked by ninjas anytime soon?  

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]

That's pretty good video for $10!!  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

Thanks!

To answer the question, I train to improve my gunfighting skills. Does that mean I will or plan to be in a gunfight anytime soon? Probably not, but I ENJOY it and want to get better. In addition to taking classes, training weekly with rgrgordo, I work out everyday. I audited a Pat Rogers course this past weekend and took a lot of pics of friends who were students. They discovered some things they didn't realize they were doing by reviewing the pictures. Then I thought wouldn't a combination of first and second person video be helpful.

So even though you can't reply to this ONE TWO BRAVO, there you have it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought one of those video cameras recently, make a couple cycling vids, but haven't had the opportunity to take it to the range yet. It's a really cool piece of gear!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#18]

wow nice.....to bad they only do paypal.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How do you wear it? I'm looking for something I can mount on my helmet and also on my carbine. Wouldn't a camera with the lense mounted axially be easier?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Got any sample video?  Looks interesting.

I've got it hooked to my mic strap and run it during traffic stops and calls. I went for the optional 8 gig memory card  ( vs the standard 2 gig) whic gives you 8 hours of memory, if you don't feel like downloading it every day. Run time on one charge is 2 hours. If you have an old video card it is a bit jerky.
Quality is good during the day, ok at night if you have a white light source. No good at without some light source.

No, I don't have any sample video I could post. I did run some tests when I first received it, but those are long gone. I'll see about taking a short clip today and posting it for you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#20]
damn that video quatiy is nice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I use the VHoldR Contour HD. I mount it to the top the headband on my earmuffs. I really like it. Great quality, really simple to operate, and no cords to get tangled in.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've got it hooked to my mic strap and run it during traffic stops and calls. I went for the optional 8 gig memory card  ( vs the standard 2 gig) whic gives you 8 hours of memory, if you don't feel like downloading it every day. Run time on one charge is 2 hours. If you have an old video card it is a bit jerky.
Quality is good during the day, ok at night if you have a white light source. No good at without some light source.

No, I don't have any sample video I could post. I did run some tests when I first received it, but those are long gone. I'll see about taking a short clip today and posting it for you.

No throat take down vids?

Thanks!  I'm wondering how it would perform mounted on my bike.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i've always wondered what Arfcom members "train for" and if they can say what they train like

I hope that you train with your weapons. Video is good feedback for training errors.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Outstanding!

That is decent quality video. I have a multitude of uses for that thing at both work and home.

-3D
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I use the VHoldR Contour HD. I mount it to the top the headband on my earmuffs. I really like it. Great quality, really simple to operate, and no cords to get tangled in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jEFthcvgk8

Is that the 1080p or 720p model?

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Jesus, that's fantastic quality for the price!  How'd you mount it on your rifle?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]

What type of equipment did you use to mount the camera?

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The hatcam mount was made by a friend using a cell phone holster belt clip, angled piece of cutting board and velcro.  I don't have it handy for photos.

For the rifle, velcro on top of the Eotech.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The hatcam mount was made by a friend using a cell phone holster belt clip, angled piece of cutting board and velcro.  I don't have it handy for photos.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/blaculo/guncam.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/blaculo/guncam2.jpg

Thanks I just ordered 6 of them for me and my buds.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#32]
My brother has a small camcorder that has a "bullet camera" extension that can be mounted on a helmet or a 1 inch scope ring.  I think its a Samsung camera.  Its made for sky diving.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/blaculo/guncam.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm228/blaculo/guncam2.jpg

Thanks. I'll probably going to get one.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive seen some videos of guys using helmet cams- fucking awesome.

Cranium cam shows you what your focusing on and gives you the picture form your perspective

rifle cam only shows what you are "pointing" at

for training I would just have someone film you, then you can critique your technique

what do you want to fix, shot placement, movement, transitions, etc????

That will decide what camera positon
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#35]
So can I use a MINI/micro SD card with the Cam?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Just roll with it. It's a free country. I'm free to shoot bone stock A2's and Garands, they're free to spend 5K on fancy gizmos.

Welcome to America.

You may prefer to visit DU. It's to the left.

<––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-DU

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive seen some videos of guys using helmet cams- fucking awesome.

Cranium cam shows you what your focusing on and gives you the picture form your perspective

rifle cam only shows what you are "pointing" at

for training I would just have someone film you, then you can critique your technique

what do you want to fix, shot placement, movement, transitions, etc????

That will decide what camera positon

I plan to take 3rd person video in addition to both head and rifle perspectives. I agree that head perspective is important but so is rifle perspective. When driving the gun hard you can overshoot or undershoot. This is going to sound bad, but I'm not looking for anything specific just ways to maybe get some incremental improvement.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jEFthcvgk8

I have zero need for a race gun, but darn I sure want one. Even if I never compete.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have experience with the POV.1?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#40]
annnnnnnddd tag
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

end of the world?

civil war?

government take down?

zombies?

Whats that sound I hear????

That is the sound of my heart racing like a little schoolgirl...

I think I have bro-love for a certain penguin... :sigh:

-V

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

So can I use a MINI/micro SD card with the Cam?

Yes.  You need to use a MicroSD card.  2GB will record the entire battery life of the cam (~90 minutes).  I use an 8GB.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you aimless

onetwobravo has been giving the .ml guys a bad name and trollng it up. IMO
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

end of the world?
civil war?
government take down?
zombies?

Punkass shoulda trained harder at detection avoidance

Interesting thread, OP.  Kinda thinking of one of these myself.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Thanks for the info. I've been looking for something to mount to my hat during IDPA. I order one of these and plan on doing velcro on my hat with it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://stuntcams.com/shop/mini-camera-police-video-recorder-cam-640x480-res-p-194.html?osCsid=7e1822e9e36280f88208ecd9f658369d

edited because they had two models that were so close in appearance I didn't notice.

Forget paying $120+ - $14.86 on eBay delivered!!!  Link  At those prices you can get a couple and try them out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I used one of these on a fire helmet before. A Oregon Scientific ATC3K. Not the best quality(pretty good for only ~$70) but with all the water and smoke a really nice camera probably would not have made much difference. It held up well to the heat and water. Memory stick I got for $5 held about 1 hour of the highest quality video. 2 hours on regular. Would be good for white water rafting too.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top