Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:56:14 AM EDT
my friend sent me the link and he is now wearing his helmet.
www.ogrish.com/archives/motorcycle_accident_1_fatality_Aug_27_2005.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Gross. IBTL
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
seen worse, but still a harsh reminder...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I lost a friend in High School to not wearing a helmet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I was unfortunately first on the seen of a motorcycle/vehicle head on accident once.  If riders saw what I saw they would all strap on a helmet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I was arguing with someone once about wearing helmets.

He claimed wearing a helmet was more dangerous than not wearing one.

We were standing next to a brick building, so I put my lid on, banged my head against the wall, and said, "Your turn."

For some reason he wasn't up to the challenge.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That is sick.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]
ouch!!!!      

I always wear my helmet when i ride
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]
A helmet saved my life during a motorcycle crash at about 100 mph.  I always wear a helmet.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I lowsided at 45mph coming around a turn when 2 deer popped in front of me and I just grabbed the brake and prayed.  If I didn't have a helmet my face would probably be flat and I definately wouldn't have a nose anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#10]
That is not gonna buff out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#11]
saw a fatal in Colo. last weekend . ugg
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We were standing next to a brick building, so I put my lid on, banged my head against the wall, and said, "Your turn."

Did you buy a new helmet after that?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#13]
They call them "Brain Buckets" for a reason
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]
and yet I still chose not to wear them whenever legal.....  My choice my responsibility
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Stupid is as stupid does...........

I just feel sorry for the family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
if nothing else, they keep the bugs out of your hair.  (and your teeth, if you go full-face helmet)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
my friend sent me the link and he is now wearing his helmet.
www.ogrish.com/archives/motorcycle_accident_1_fatality_Aug_27_2005.html
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/ogrish-dot-com-motorcycle_accident_.jpg

Another one bites the dust....seriously, though, this is why you wear a helmet.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Motorcycle riders who don't wear helmets want to be seen riding their shiny, expensive bikes.

It 's never been about safety or comfort.  It's all about vanity.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

It was an old one and ready for replacement anyway.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
and yet I still chose not to wear them whenever legal.....  My choice my responsibility

I support an adult's right to choose.  In SC, the law is that anyone under 21 has to wear one and 21 & over can decide for themselves.

I'm a helmet advocate, but not a helmet Nazi.  I don't like a paternalistic .gov protecting me from myself.

I encourage helmet use, but if you're an adult citizen, well, I'm not your mother.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I support an adult's right to choose.  In SC, the law is that anyone under 21 has to wear one and 21 & over can decide for themselves.

I'm a helmet advocate, but not a helmet Nazi.  I don't like a paternalistic .gov protecting me from myself.

I encourage helmet use, but if you're an adult citizen, well, I'm not your mother.

Unfortunately, we continue to pay insurance rates that are based on actuary tables.
Those tables are strongly influenced by prolonged care costs for non-fatal head trauma.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Ahhh hell,    Will someone give that man an aspirin for his spliting headache?

That'll buff right out!  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, we continue to pay insurance rates that are based on actuary tables.
Those tables are strongly influenced by prolonged care costs for non-fatal head trauma.
DaddyDett

I am DNR and have private insurance in the case of my getting smashed up, I distrust the state sponsored insurance we are forced to buy.   I also ride Saddle bronc but people rarely rag on me for that and I think it is just as dangerous...

overall it does not matter, I am over the age of majority and will do whatever i like with my body so long as it is legal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top