Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2002 2:34:28 PM EDT

Oh man.
I have never done drugs or anything(unless they were prescribed), and I barely drink. But I have found lately I have been drinking 6-7+ sodas a day! At least its Diet. But I sure feel guilty. Just thought I would mention this.

Acceptance is the first step to recovery,right?[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll cease that shit when you get kidney stones. At least thats what people whove had them tell me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can't usually make it through the morning without at least 2 mountain dews.  I hate coffee, and that is the next best thing I guess.
View Quote

Mt Dew!?
I'm not sure if its just rumor or truth. But I have heard that the high amount of Green Food coloring in that stuff decreases a mans sperm count.

Like I said, I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Caffeine got me through nearly 20 years in the fast food business.  I bet my last year in that business I was up to a gallon of cola, whatever,
as long as it had caffeine, a day.  It's been hard weaning myself off of the soda water/pop.
That stuff will sure put the weight on you and will seriously mess up your teeth at that amount.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm addicted to caffeine.

I drink coffee every morning and Mt. Dew every afternoon virtually all day.

It's better than the 2.5 packs of cigarettes I used to smoke per day...[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But I have found lately I have been drinking 6-7+ sodas a day! At least its Diet.
View Quote

What do you mean "at least it's diet"?  The aspartame sweetner is made from formaldehyde and methanol, and it breaks back down into those compounds in your body. Do a Google search on aspartame and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I have found lately I have been drinking 6-7+ sodas a day! At least its Diet.
View Quote

What do you mean "at least it's diet"?  The aspartame sweetner is made from formaldehyde and methanol, and it breaks back down into those compounds in your body. Do a Google search on aspartame and see what comes up.
View Quote

[i]Clinically, chronic exposure to methanol has been seen to produced
headaches, dizziness, nausea, ear buzzing, GI distiurbances,
weakness, vertigo, chills, memory lapses, numbness & shooting
pains, behavioral disturbances, neuritis, misty vision, vision
tunneling, blurring of vision, conjunctivitis, insomnia, vision
loss, depression, heart problems (including disease of the heart
muscle), pancreatic inflammation (Kavet 1990, Monte 1984, Posner
1975).[/i]

SHIT!
All that's a normal day occurrence for me!
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't usually make it through the morning without at least 2 mountain dews.  I hate coffee, and that is the next best thing I guess.
View Quote

Mt Dew!?
I'm not sure if its just rumor or truth. But I have heard that the high amount of Green Food coloring in that stuff decreases a mans sperm count.

View Quote

Rumor. Trust me, as an ex-UMass student (where Mountain Dew was easier to find than water), there was a vested interest in knowing. Heck, I think there's even a page on Snopes exposing it as a myth.

6-7 diet sodas a day? Not bad...not bad....at my peak I was averaging 4-5 liters of regular soda a day.....now I do that in about a month.

My recommendation to you, go with something like Water Joe (water but with caffiene added). All the fun of caffiene but without the sugar/aspartame of the soda set.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Mt Dew!?

View Quote

That could very well be true, but they're usually swimmin' so damn fast, I can't get a good count. Plus they tend to blend in with the sides of the shower.

As far as being 'addicted' to the stuff, if I go without caffeine for more than like 6 hours, I get bad headaches.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
WOBW
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard that caffine and smoking kills your eyes...I've got 20/13 in both eyes...so I stopped drinking soda and sealed the coffin on not smoking...Just keep that in mind when I'm shooting against you at matches...[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top