Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/3/2006 6:33:46 AM EDT
Apparently the shooting happened about 3:30 AM on I-95. Here's an exerpt from the article:

One of the bikers, Roger Mariani, 61, of Stratford, pulled over before realizing he had been shot in the upper torso, Vance said. He later died at the Yale-New Haven Hospital.

What a shame. Apparently another guy was winged.

None of this would happen if there were no guns.

EDIT: The entire article from Comcast home page is:

1 hour ago

WEST HAVEN, Conn. - A motorist opened fire on a group of Hell's Angels motorcyclists along Interstate 95, killing one and injuring another, police said.

The bikers were traveling near West Haven around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when they were shot, said State Police spokesman Sgt. J. Paul Vance.

Police were considering a number of possible motives including road rage, and authorities across the Northeast were alerted to look for a green GMC sport-utility vehicle with Florida plates, Vance said. He said police believe four men were in the vehicle.

One of the bikers, Roger Mariani, 61, of Stratford, pulled over before realizing he had been shot in the upper torso, Vance said. He later died at the Yale-New Haven Hospital.

The injured biker, Paul Carrol, 37, of Bridgeport, was grazed by a bullet, treated at the hospital and released, Vance said.

Members of the motorcycle club gathered at Yale-New Haven Hospital Sunday night, prompting police to station officers there to keep order, though police spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester said there were no incidents at the hospital.

The investigation snarled highway traffic for hours, bringing cars to a standstill on Interstate 95. Vance urged anyone who witnessed the shooting or anything suspicious in the area to call police.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
terrible to hear.

why am I reminded of "Easy Rider"?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTOBA

(In before the outlaw biker apologists)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I was expecting it to be Dennis Hopper.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sooo, what's the rest of the story?

I dunno about "the rest of the story", but there's already a thread going about this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ya really.

For all we know, the guy was out for a morning ride and was shot by a random motorist.

Need more info!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#7]
occupational hazard
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Funny how stuff is always happening to them...I wonder what it could be?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IBTOBA

So a guy deserves to be shot because he was out riding his motorcycle?

Judging from the article, he didn't do anything wrong.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTOBA

So a guy deserves to be shot because he was out riding his motorcycle?

Judging from the article, he didn't do anything wrong.

The "article" was basically a gangbanger's side of the story.  I suspect there is way more to this story.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Members of the motorcycle club gathered at Yale-New Haven Hospital Sunday night, prompting police to station officers there to keep order, though police spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester said there were no incidents at the hospital.

The Hell's Angels are not a motorcycle CLUB, the Hell's Angels are a motorcycle GANG.

Motorcycle CLUBs are groups of accountants, lawyers and IT guys who go cruising together on Sunday afternoons. Motorcycle GANGs roam the highways dealing drugs, robbing liquor stores and selling illegal guns.

I'm not going to shed any tears over a dead Hell's Angel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The Hell's Angels are not a motorcycle CLUB, the Hell's Angels are a motorcycle GANG.

Motorcycle CLUBs are groups of accountants, lawyers and IT guys who go cruising together on Sunday afternoons. Motorcycle GANGs roam the highways dealing drugs, robbing liquor stores and selling illegal guns.

Interestingly, the guy who was killed was a loan officer at a mortgage company.  No word on whether he had robbed a liquor store shortly before being killed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#13]
oh the poor meth dealer, probably a retaliation from a rival gang.

ETA Hells Angels are nothing but a bunch of thugs
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Interestingly, the guy who was killed was a loan officer at a mortgage company.  No word on whether he had robbed a liquor store shortly before being killed.

Is that a euphamism for loan shark?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#16]
time for the shooter to go into hiding
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He put on the colors and may have paid with his life for the foul deeds of another 1% member.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize that to be admitted in this GANG, you must commit some sort of terrible
crime. That is why they have never been infiltrated by a undercover cop
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He put on the colors and may have paid with his life for the foul deeds of another 1% member.

Tolerate illegal behavior from your fellow "club" members, and you risk being painted with the same broad brush. If he really hadn't done anything, it's unfortunate. If he had, well...you wear the gang colors, you take yer chances of some rival whacking you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tolerate illegal behavior from your fellow "club" members, and you risk being painted with the same broad brush. If he really hadn't done anything, it's unfortunate. If he had, well...you wear the gang colors, you take yer chances of some rival whacking you.

Like being a member of the same gun website as S-n-S?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being an L.O. ain't necessarily going to polish up the guy's image...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You do realize that to be admitted in this GANG, you must commit some sort of terrible

So what do you have to do anyway? Steal all the cookies from the nursing home cupboard? Cut the legs off of a rival pensioner's walker? oh! the humanity!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a euphamism for loan shark?

or money laundering.........................
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So what do you have to do anyway? Steal all the cookies from the nursing home cupboard? Cut the legs off of a rival pensioner's walker? oh! the humanity!

No, that's Hell's Grannies... [wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!]

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a few of these guys in my cell block as a correction officer, I guess I am wrong to make
my original comment,yea Real nice guys
Gimmie a break, these guys are badnews
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]
From my understanding it is usually:

- This particular club is at war with another one... and shooting occurred. Guy I know, got the same serving of hospitality for just this.

-They were riding in the wrong territory... that of another club while wearing their colors.

Isnt being a bike gang member FUN kiddies?

Dram out
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Ironic that if not for those obnoxiously loud side pipes they would have heard the shot and run down the shooter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Somehow I don't see this as a "road rage" incident.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Somehow I don't see this as a "road rage" incident.  

Payback or assassination. I wouldn't be surpised if the shooters were themselves Hell's Angels.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#31]
61 yo gang member, what a loser, seems like he'd outgrow it 40 years ago
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#32]
A friend of mine was it the trafic jam that the incident caused, she said that 3-4 bikers were weving in and out of trafic like a buch of idiots, when she saw the resulting trafic she assumed that one of the bikers wrecked, she didn't find out that one had been shot till this morning.

This is my theory:  

bikers cut of a buch of city thugs runnin some home grown down from conneticut, if said thugs were black then some finges flew, follwed by some racial slurs may be they swerv at each other, then thug starts popin off shots, and the world has 1 less doushbag in it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

+1, gotta be more to it........
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#34]
1.)"pulled over before realizing he had been shot in the upper torso" Hmmm...must have been hit with a 9mm.

2.)Another scum bag biker dead, oh boo hooo. I say it's a good start.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
terrible to hear.

The only thing terrible about it was that some Hells Angels made it out alive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
terrible to hear.

The only thing terrible about it was that some Hells Angels made it out alive.

+87
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Exactly right. Motorcycle gangs are made up of the SHIT of the human race. Any time ANY of them go down, one less asshole for the rest of us to have to contend with.

Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

This is my theory:  

bikers cut of a buch of city thugs runnin some home grown down from conneticut, if said thugs were black then some finges flew, follwed by some racial slurs may be they swerv at each other, then thug starts popin off shots, and the world has 1 less doushbag in it.

+1    my thoughts as well...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+ a million.  there is more to this
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
oh the poor meth dealer, probably a retaliation from a rival gang.

ETA Hells Angels are nothing but a bunch of thugs

that went corporate yep, I rarly post of that which I know nothing of.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#41]
There are a fair number of "bikers" rideing around on any decent weather weekend day in my state. I am pretty out of touch since my mid to late 70's ricer rideing stint but from what I know most of these HD rigs represent a big pile of money. Gets me to wondering what the percentage breakdown is. I think the biggest group is doctors,attorneys,bankers and other succesfull guys who have the money to spend on expensive toys and choose to dress the bad guy part .Next group pecentage wise would be the somewhat hard core guys who have also become somewhat succesfull in life and chose to continue to ride.Of course there is a percentage that are dirtballs all wound up in all kinds of rotten stuff. I always assumed most of the real dirtballs manage to wreck their own lives along with all the other family members and passerbys that they mess up as well .
When I rode my rice grinder (1973 Z1b-handeled like shit but the fastest thing on wheels you could buy at the time $1950 out the door!) I put lots of miles on it and came across lots of HD riders. I helped some of them out-breakdowns and such,and some of them helped me out some.I can't say any of them ever gave me a hard time,but then I rode away from any of them I felt I wanted to without any touble. Then again I never spent long hours at many biker bars or stupid stuff like that .
Guys on bikes are like anybody else-you can't tell the book by the cover!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There are a fair number of "bikers" rideing around on any decent weather weekend day in my state. I am pretty out of touch since my mid to late 70's ricer rideing stint but from what I know most of these HD rigs represent a big pile of money. Gets me to wondering what the percentage breakdown is. I think the biggest group is doctors,attorneys,bankers and other succesfull guys who have the money to spend on expensive toys and choose to dress the bad guy part .Next group pecentage wise would be the somewhat hard core guys who have also become somewhat succesfull in life and chose to continue to ride.Of course there is a percentage that are dirtballs all wound up in all kinds of rotten stuff. I always assumed most of the real dirtballs manage to wreck their own lives along with all the other family members and passerbys that they mess up as well .
When I rode my rice grinder (1973 Z1b-handeled like shit but the fastest thing on wheels you could buy at the time $1950 out the door!) I put lots of miles on it and came across lots of HD riders. I helped some of them out-breakdowns and such,and some of them helped me out some.I can't say any of them ever gave me a hard time,but then I rode away from any of them I felt I wanted to without any touble. Then again I never spent long hours at many biker bars or stupid stuff like that .

If the 'cover' is a set of Hells Angels' colors, yes, you pretty much can.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread seems to contain a lartge amount of propaganda and no facts.  So until then I will reserve my comments to myself.

Maxim_Mag
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

SO Gangs have Dopers, gunners, and robbers  But CLUBS  have LAWYERS, ACCOUNTANTS, And IT guys??
SHIT MAN, i  take my chances with the dopers!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No, that's Hell's Grannies... [wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!]

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Outlaws are all up and down the east coast. 81 was probably flying his colors in an Outlaw area.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the 'cover' is a set of Hells Angels' colors, yes, you pretty much can.

+1

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Outlaws are all up and down the east coast. 81 was probably flying his colors in an Outlaw area.

And the Outlaws are complete pieces of shit too. No different than the Angels....just different vests.

Fuck the Angels, fuck the Outlaws....and fuck any other dirty, violent pieces of shit that form gangs to victimize others.

Crips, Angels, Bloods, Outlaws.....different races, all not worth the air they breath. The world would be a better place if their bodies were feeding flowers growing six feet above them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I had a few of these guys in my cell block as a correction officer, I guess I am wrong to make
my original comment,yea Real nice guys
Gimmie a break, these guys are badnews

In case you didn't catch it, that was an attempt at levity. Don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Suspect vehicle with Florida plates......my thoughts exactly, vehicle/ plates was probably stolen out of Florida....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top