Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 6:41:01 AM EDT
Went shopping a couple of days ago,  I needed to replace a few work guns.  I was looking for a backup gun to replace my Smith 6906, and was fully intending to buy another.

Came across a Beretta 9000S instead.  Poly frame, open slide, frame mounted 1911 style safety with a de-cock feature, two 12 rd mags, has a lanyard loop, NIB for 399$. DA/SA,  according to the manual there are DA only versions out there.

Uses the same mags as my Beretta 92,  lighter than anything, points well, and has an interesting feature.

The safety allows for cocked and locked carry, and the hammer can be cocked with the safety on.

Shoots great,  about 1" high at 15 yards, about right where I want it.  Being light as it is,  there is a little bit of snap, but nothing objectionable. The .40 version might be a little more to handle.
100 rds of Wolf and 100 rds of Gold Dot with no malfunctions during the  breakin.  No malfunctions with Beretta 92 mags.  

The only thing I need to change is to add night sights, (dept requirement)  and to find a holster for it.  All of my Smith concealment holsters are too big.  I'm very happy with it.   I now have THREE weapons that use the same mags. Beretta Storm, Beretta 92, and now this one.    
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool. First I heard of that model. I'll have to google it & drool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top