Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 12:34:15 PM EDT
Got the following in an e-mail...just LOVELY!!

A pilot program, described on the government Web site  [URL=http://www.citizencorps.gov/tips.html]CitizenCorps.gov[/URL], is scheduled to start next month in 10 cities, with 1 million informants participating in the first stage. Assuming the program is initiated in the 10 largest US cities, that will be 1 million informants for a total population of almost 24 million, or one in 24 people.

Historically, informant systems have been the tools of non-democratic states. According to a 1992 report by Harvard University's Project on Justice, the accuracy of informant reports is problematic, with some informants having embellished the truth, and others suspected of having fabricated their reports.

Present Justice Department procedures mean that informant reports will enter databases for future reference and/or action. The information will then be broadly available within the department, related agencies and local police forces. The targeted individual will remain unaware of the existence of the report and of its contents.

The Patriot Act already provides for a person's home to be searched without that person being informed that a search was ever performed, or of any surveillance devices that were implanted.

At state and local levels the TIPS program will be co-ordinated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which

was given sweeping new powers, including internment, as part of the Reagan Administration's national security initiatives. Many key figures of the Reagan era are part of the Bush Administration.

The creation of a US "shadow government", operating in secret, was another Reagan national security initiative.

Ritt Goldstein is an investigative journalist and a former leader in the movement for US law enforcement accountability. He has lived in Sweden since 1997, seeking political asylum there, saying he was the victim of life-threatening assaults in retaliation for his accountability efforts. His application has been supported by the European Parliament, five of Sweden's seven big political parties, clergy, and Amnesty and other rights groups.

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if they'll be giving out shirts and armbands to all their 'members' as well... Too bad nobody seems to learn from history...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wonder if they'll be giving out shirts and armbands to all their 'members' as well... Too bad nobody seems to learn from history...
View Quote

i suppose the shirts will be brown...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a fucking outrage! You can bet your ass that gun owners will be getting ratted out left and right. I don't do anything illegal and all my guns are legal, but I sure as hell don't want no fucking federal agency keeping a god damn file on me becuase my ups driver delivers alot of ammo to my house.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every participant in this new program will be given an Operation TIPS information sticker to be affixed to the cab of their vehicle or placed in some other public location so that the toll-free reporting number is readily available.
View Quote

Sorry, no shirts, but you get a cool sticker!

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't this make you feel all warm and fuzzy? The Bush Administration is such a fine example of a Faci...ummmm...a...ummm...a "Safety First" administration.

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are overreacting. Its to protect us from Terrorists. If you've done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. Its not like the Govt is all bad ya'know.

Lib
________________________________________-
"Im blind, im blind, im blind [;)] bleh!"
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You guys are overreacting. Its to protect us from Terrorists. If you've done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. Its not like the Govt is all bad ya'know.
View Quote

Dude, you've forgotten the [imbroglio]...[/imbroglio] tags.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Bullshit!

Eric The(Bullshit,Again!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top