Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:06:23 PM EST
So. My buddy goes to trivia night at the lcoal bar. Trivia is played in groups, and his group ends up in a tie with another group. Trivia announcer decides that the tie will be settled with an arm wrestling competition between the designated champions of the two groups.

My buddy is, maybe, 5'7". But his upper arms are the size of my thighs. Massive fella, huge for his height. All the eyes in the group go to him as arm wrestler. The guy the other team puts up is heavily muscled and 6'4", at least.

So huge leverage advantage. My bud's almost down, straining against a defeat. There's a hot chick standing next to him with her hand on his left shoulder, egging him on.

That chick said she HEARD and FELT my buddy's arm snap. She immediately ran outside and threw up. My guy got a radial fracture of his humerus, right above the elbow. Today he had surgery, got two pins and a metal plate in his arm.

Moral of the story: Don't play trivia at bars.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:09:12 PM EST
What a dumbass.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:09:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:12:40 PM EST
Those are reasons I stay out of stuff like that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:13:23 PM EST
DAMN!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:15:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
What a dumbass.

Sgatr15

I dunno, I mean he didn't MEAN to break his arm. The kicker is that my buddy and all of his friends are 3rd year law student here at the college, so they will get paid. But all he was trying to do was play some trivia.

Dangerous world, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:25:46 PM EST
Maybe he should've wrestled the guy. Lower center on gravity and all. Either way, that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:27:47 PM EST
The other guy's name wasn't Jeff Goldblum, was it?

I knew that movie was real, I f*cking KNEW IT!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:48 AM EST
bump for those who dwell in the sunlight
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:11:42 AM EST
I think we all know how painful that can be.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:25:53 PM EST
One more bump, damnit, 'cause I think it's a funny story.

And the guy actually got 15 screws in his arm total, not two. I told him I didn't have that many screws in my desk. He has to get paperwork for airports now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:20 AM EST
saw that on TV in one of those arm wrestling championships, guy's arm broke like a dead twig. After the replays they interviewed the breaker from russia or germany- I deedn'eet meeen to brake his aaahrrrmmm
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:33:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:
I dunno, I mean he didn't MEAN to break his arm. The kicker is that my buddy and all of his friends are 3rd year law student here at the college, so they will get paid. But all he was trying to do was play some trivia.

Dangerous world, I guess.

So they're going to sue, because your friend voluntarily participated in an arm-wrestling match and broke his arm?

Top Top