Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2001 7:09:55 AM EDT
[img]http://a188.g.akamaitech.net/f/188/920/1h/www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/images/I25796-2001Jun20[/img]

[img]http://a188.g.akamaitech.net/f/188/920/1h/www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/images/I25881-2001Jun20[/img]

These are pictures of the slain Metro Officer's family in Washington DC.  He got shot in the head while trying to stop guys from jumping the gate without paying the $2.50 ticket.  His gun and ammo clips were taken.  The authority have arrested a guy in Philadelphia with the officer's stolen gun.  DC Police is now charged the man with murder one.

To all LEOs out there, please be careful and take care.  I thank you and god bless you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they shoot him with his own gun?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That is very sad. Not only will his children grow up without a father, the schmuck that killed him will sit in prison and waste tax dollars...
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is very sad. Not only will his children grow up without a father, the schmuck that killed him will sit in prison and waste tax dollars...
View Quote

If court appearances, processes, appeals, systematic adjustments, more appeals, regrouping by the defense, Federal appeals, etc didn't cost so much damn money, I'd be in for more death penalty sentencing.  You're charged with murder 1 (multiple murders, let's say), get sentenced to death, you have 7 years to rot in jail to get your appeals and evidence gathered.  At the end of 7 years, *ZAP* - corpses can't waste tax dollars.  Unfortunately, we can end up paying millions of dollars on a single trial.  Life, death...either way we're wasting money, we just need a new system I say.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

we just need a new system I say.

View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/stardavid.jpg[/img]

Even have my campaign motto:
[b]"Seven years to make it home, or hit the chair and say Shalom!"[/b]

Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If court appearances, processes, appeals, systematic adjustments, more appeals, regrouping by the defense, Federal appeals, etc didn't cost so much damn money, I'd be in for more death penalty sentencing.  You're charged with murder 1 (multiple murders, let's say), get sentenced to death, you have 7 years to rot in jail to get your appeals and evidence gathered.  At the end of 7 years, *ZAP* - corpses can't waste tax dollars.  Unfortunately, we can end up paying millions of dollars on a single trial.  Life, death...either way we're wasting money, we just need a new system I say.
How about we just restore the original constitution?
What a novel idea.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#9]
[blue] your wearing out your welcome.[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The POS that did it had been out of prison for all of a month. I don't remember what it was he was in for. I want to say armed robbery.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Life, death...either way we're wasting money, we just need a new system I say.
View Quote

If DC allowed its citizens to own and carry concealed handguns, someone might have ended the cop-killer's career on the spot.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Fry the piece of shit, vote for the Jew, and castrate or sew up a specific area on anyone that supports or upholds the murderer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I am sorry for the family.  AR_Rifle, do you personally know them?  Poor kids.

Send that POS down my way.  Or better yet, turn him loose in DC with a very stupid tattoo on his forehead.  The natives will take care of him, and it won't cost a thing.

Ice
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#14]
According to the Mayor of DC, if Virginia wasn't such a gun-happy state, the District wouldn't have so much gun violence. Apparently he thinks the bad guys are coming across Key Bridge into Va., loading up, and returning, heavily armed  back into the District.

Makes sense except for one small thing. If Virginians are so gun crazed, how come our crime rate is lower than in the District?

Hmmmm....something to think about....
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally posted by JBR.

Did they shoot him with his own gun?

View Quote

I don't know exactly for sure but according to the news, he got shot from behind in the back of head.  The authority have not able to recover the murder gun, just the officer's gun.

Quoted:

I am sorry for the family. AR_Rifle, do you personally know them? Poor kids.

Send that POS down my way. Or better yet, turn him loose in DC with a very stupid tattoo on his forehead. The natives will take care of him, and it won't cost a thing.

Ice
View Quote

No Ice, I do not know them.  Pictures like these just made me to appreciate and understand the hard work and danger that all LEOs have to face everyday.  If I know that SOB who did it, I will take care of him myself.

Originally posted by ECS.

According to the Mayor of DC, if Virginia wasn't such a gun-happy state, the District wouldn't have so much gun violence. Apparently he thinks the bad guys are coming across Key Bridge into Va., loading up, and returning, heavily armed back into the District.
View Quote

Yeah right.  Remember at one time they marched a whole bunch of prostitutes back across the bridge into Virginia and blamed Virginia for sending prostitutes into DC?  What a laugh.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Where'd you get those pics?  My cousin is a Georgia State cop and I'd like to remind him he isn't Rambo and to watch his ass!
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Where'd you get those pics? My cousin is a Georgia State cop and I'd like to remind him he isn't Rambo and to watch his ass!
View Quote

I got them pictures from the Washington Post Website. You can read the story from www.washingtonpost.com

Please do ask your cousin to be careful. Can't take anything for granted.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#19]
What gate were they trying to jump and why does it cost $2.50?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Metro rail station. The fare depend on how far you go.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#21]
See, if they just banned bus and rail fares we would be that much safer.

I definitely feel for the family of the slain officer, but no moreso than for the similar families of others who have been taken from them prematurely. It bothers me when cops are put on pedestals, elevated above the rest of us and the perpetrators of crime against them are given much stiffer sentences. Murder should be murder regardless of who the victim is.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#22]
How come there is this big show of love here for an officer that was killed over $2.50 of tax payers money? But if one of us was killed trying to do the same thing, no one would even know we were killed.

I think it's always a sad day when ANYONE gets killed by a criminal for trying to uphold the law.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://members.home.net/rmcash375/Ceremony1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://members.home.net/rmcash375/Aftermath5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Rich314, thanks for posting the pics on this thread and nice homepage as well.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#26]

I definitely feel for the family of the slain officer, but no moreso than for the similar families of others who have been taken from them prematurely. It bothers me when cops are put on pedestals, elevated above the rest of us and the perpetrators of crime against them are given much stiffer sentences. Murder should be murder regardless of who the victim is.
View Quote

Boomer, I have to disagree with you here. I'm not an LEO and anybody who read the thread about police stops to check for drivers licenses knows I'm as critical of a lot of modern police policies as anybody here. But I feel that when some POS shoots a cop over not wanting to pay a fare he is basically saying to each law abiding citizen in this coutry f**k you, I'll do what I want and none of your laws mean shit to me. I for one believe in law and order. If we don't have a police force backed by the will of the people,what do we have? I'll tell you what-- we'll end up like Colombia, where killing a cop is no big deal and the judges have to hide their faces in court. When a cop is killed, we as a society have to make a big deal out of it, we have to send criminals the message "this guy and what he does is important to us, and we won't tolerate attacks on our policemen because they represent us all." I know this won't go over big with the LEO haters here but oh well that's life.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I feel that when some POS shoots a cop over not wanting to pay a fare he is basically saying to each law abiding citizen in this coutry f**k you, I'll do what I want and none of your laws mean shit to me.
View Quote

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that ANYTIME some POS murders ANYBODY they are "basically saying to each law abiding citizen in this coutry f**k you, I'll do what I want and none of your laws mean shit to me." It shouldn't matter whether the victim is a police officer or the night clerk at the local 7-11.

I for one believe in law and order. When a cop is killed, we as a society have to make a big deal out of it, we have to send criminals the message "this guy and what he does is important to us, and we won't tolerate attacks on our policemen because they represent us all."
View Quote

More crazy talk... Shouldn't we ALL BE EQUAL IN THE EYES OF THE LAW, whether as criminals OR victims? I personally don't care for a stratisfied society where some innocent lives are deemed less worthy than others.

I know this won't go over big with the LEO haters here but oh well that's life.
View Quote

Yeah, whatever. Funny how you can't be the least bit critical of LEOs or suggest that they are no better or worse than the rest of us without being labeled a LEO hater around here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]
where were the helo pictures and the humvee floor posted at?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Boomer let me try a different approach since that one seemed to upset you. How about men or women killed in the military? Should we have special ceremonies for them or are are they also on your list of "equals"? #1 I don't see your logic when you say a criminal looks at a cop the same way he looks at Joe citizen. He sees the uniform and he knows that guy represents the laws of society and for that he is many times a target. He or she puts himself in harms way for us much like a member of the military, and the killer deserves a stiffer sentence. How about firemen, are you angry there are special ceremonies for them when they die in the line of duty? In most cases a arsonist who kills a fireman would get a stiffer sentence then if his crime accidently killed me or you. These people are all public servants and do a difficult job that frankly a lot of people won't or can't do. In return for doing this for us, risking their lives for shitty pay, we as a society hold a special place for them and their sacrifices and it seems the least we could do is pay a little special attention when they die serving you and me, and go after their killers with a vengence.
#2 Where did you see me call you an LEO hater? There are a lot of guys here who in the past have come out and said they don't like LEO's period. Those are the guys I'm addressing, if you choose to include yourself, so be it, but just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean I was addressing you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By The Remnant:
where were the helo pictures and the humvee floor posted at?
View Quote

Here`s the link.
That`s from TFRanger- A waste of good soldiers.
[url]http://members.home.net/rmcash375/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rest in Peace brother. You won't be forgotten.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Hoople, we are not talking about memorial ceremonies and such. That is totally irrelevent to the subject at hand.

What we ARE talking about is all citizens being equal under the rule of law and deserving of equal justice, which, obviously, is not the current situation in our country.

Why don't you think about Lon Horiuchi for a moment and then tell me how great it is that we have at least two tiers of justice in this country. One for LEOs and one for the rest of us. The system you endorse is exactly that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hoople, we are not talking about memorial ceremonies and such. That is totally irrelevent to the subject at hand.

What we ARE talking about is all citizens being equal under the rule of law and deserving of equal justice, which, obviously, is not the current situation in our country.

Why don't you think about Lon Horiuchi for a moment and then tell me how great it is that we have at least two tiers of justice in this country. One for LEOs and one for the rest of us. The system you endorse is exactly that.
View Quote

This is no the place for this kind of a post
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#35]
NYshooter, just curious, what do you do for a living??
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Boomer- part of my reply to you was based on NYshooter's post and I combined your 2 posts in my head because they were similar. That's why I spoke of the ceremonies.
As far as our discussion it seems to be spinning off into another direction I don't want to address in this thread. As I said at the beginning, I am as critical as anyone of police abuses, but it's like the anti's like to always bring up the bad stuff with guns and we keep telling them "no, guns are used to help every day." I believe police in this country are the same, we occasionally have a bad experience (both with the LEO and the justice system that allows the abuse) but many more peoples lives are positively effected by local LEO's and just aren't shouted in the papers. So we disagree, ain't America great?
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#37]
YeeHaa HOOPLE, You tell 'em!!  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NYshooter, just curious, what do you do for a living??
View Quote

I sell MCgrass!  or I may just happen to be a public servant for the city of New York. Any more questions? If so I'll have to call my lawyer[;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#39]
hey Hoop enlight me on where my opinion fits it with your take on things. As I can't seam to find my quote used in any of your posts on this subject.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Boomer- part of my reply to you was based on NYshooter's post and I combined your 2 posts in my head because they were similar. That's why I spoke of the ceremonies.
As far as our discussion it seems to be spinning off into another direction I don't want to address in this thread. As I said at the beginning, I am as critical as anyone of police abuses, but it's like the anti's like to always bring up the bad stuff with guns and we keep telling them "no, guns are used to help every day." I believe police in this country are the same, we occasionally have a bad experience (both with the LEO and the justice system that allows the abuse) but many more peoples lives are positively effected by local LEO's and just aren't shouted in the papers. So we disagree, ain't America great?
View Quote

I don't disagree with any portion of that post. I have no problem whatsoever with the overwhelming majority of LEOs or the job they volunteered to perform. None of which has anything to do with the fact that ALL innocent victims deserve equal justice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#42]
to AR_Rifle;
Your post is decent and thoughtful. Sorry some of the others couldn't have started a seperate topic for their unrelated opinions.
WSmac
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you Wsmac and thank you Hoople.

As for Boomer and NYshooter, I have no need to reply to you two. Talk is cheap. If you can do just 1/10th of the things these guys do then the rest of us will be in a better world.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#44]
AR_RIFLE, I never asked you to reply to me. For I was only stating my opinion. And for those of you that cannot handle other peoples opinions,all I can say is that you will live very miserable lifes.

Now if this was a friend or family member of yours I feel sorry for your pain.But to post this here because you are outraged at an officer being killed does little to help the matter.

You see this officer knew everyday the dangers he faced when putting on that uniform.And to honor his service to the public is expected.But he was neither a demi-god nor a deity.Thus he should not be elevatored above any other person.For if your sister or mother were there and God forbid was killed by a stray bullet, there would be no special ceremony for then.But only for the cop.

Why is an officer's life more important then steel worker that falls to his death building a new office or home for you to live & work in? How about the poor slob working the overnight shift in a supermarket to feed his family.Should his death by some crackhead looking to score a fix be any less ceremonious?

Human life is Human life. And no ones life is more important then anyone else's. In God's eyes we are all equal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#45]
NYshooter- I'd like to discuss this further, but I have 2 problems. One is I've got to catch a flight out of Tampa in a little while and will be gone till Tues. Number 2 is I feel uncomfortable arguing this in this thread. I feel like we're arguing over the top of this guys casket and as you can tell the other members want us to take it elsewhere and I respect that. What say you and I (and anybody else who'd like to join the fray) continue this in a new thread next week if you'd like.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#46]
first off we are not arguing. at least I'm not. but sure if you would like to talk about this futher just post so when you get back.

b.t.w. enjoy your flight. later.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks to all for the concern. My wife lives with that fear every night. If she gets a call when I am due home she panics. I have to wait for 45 minutes to call if I am held over. See, I get into the middle of it, G*d does care for us all, but there is a special place for those that are willing to step into harms way for someone they do not know.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It is always a shame to see a sensless murder. All LEO's are well aware of the dangers they face on the job. It is not the LEO's, but the press that puts them above the rest of us when they die. Some cops are jerks, but they don't deserve this. No one does. In fact, I think our Military personell do a greater service for the people than anyone else in America, including LEO's, so if they are killed in service they should get the same treatment from the press as LEO's do, and then some. They are the true unsung heroes of the world, the backbone of America...
View Quote

Yes so True, but Military deaths don't sell tv ads or newspapers[:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top