Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 5:57:26 PM EDT
I want to get one of those wrist Heart Monitors but I know crap about them. I saw them in at Nashbar and the go from $35 to $260.All I want to do is monitor my heart rate so the question is if the cheaper ones are just as good as the up there in price ones? Do you own one?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Polar S210.

[url]http://www.polarusa.com/[/url]

I run quite a bit.  Most all HRM have a chest strap that you wear against your skin.  This transmits to the watch unit.

You do get what you pay for.  Factor in how much you will use it.  I use mine 5 days a week typically.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
illigb,
Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the polar A3 model since I will be using this for rehab for my heart. I think my running days are over with. I will have to ask my doctor what heart rate range he wants me to walk in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top