Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 11:57:12 AM EDT
He calles me from a blocked number, wanting his keys I had mailed them.  He also called my grandmother bothering her before calling me, telling her Im on drugs.  Also threating to call work and tell them Im on drugs.

How should I procede with this
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
He calles me from a blocked number, wanting his keys I had mailed them.  He also called my grandmother bothering her before calling me, telling her Im on drugs.  Also threating to call work and tell them Im on drugs.

Restraining order is in order...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do I do it and what does it cost?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Background.......umless you do not want to share.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That sucks Man!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free, go to the local PD or SO.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
What is his trip? I don't know how you relationship is with your dad, but how about "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of drugs are you doing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Local PD has a sign on the window that for for Restrianing orders call a lawyer
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear that.
Get things square with grandma and work, then restraining order.
Not sure how to go about that, thankfully never needed to.
Doe he live close by you?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Consider going to your supervisor or HR and let them know your situation, and that they may be hearing from him. I assume your company drug tests and that you don't do illegal drugs. Offer to piss in a bottle if it'll make them happy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is his trip? I don't know how you relationship is with your dad, but how about "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"?

He wonders why I dont like him after he has screwed me over mutiple times and made me miserable mutiple times, I have asked him not to call or send me mail several times, he keeps doing it
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to the Local SO and see if they want to do their job.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Consider going to your supervisor or HR and let them know your situation, and that they may be hearing from him. I assume your company drug tests and that you don't do illegal drugs. Offer to piss in a bottle if it'll make them happy.

I figure being a slightly new employee this wont look good.

He is in MT or WA somewhere
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the reminder.
I need to go over to my parents house tonight and give them both a big hug.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Geez man, sorry to hear that. If it really becomes an issue, I'd have to side with the folks that said get a restraining order, but that really sucks being you dad and all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reminder.
I need to go over to my parents house tonight and give them both a big hug.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Also forgot he threatned to call the local police and accuse me of selling drugs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Also forgot he threatned to call the local police and accuse me of selling drugs.

Is he on drugs?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is he on drugs?

Likely
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If you were selling drugs you would be bitching a lot less about not having a place to live and having some food in the house.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Really, is he on any anti depressants or anything like that? I'm no MD, but if he has stopped taking his meds for any reason, it could make him act like an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sorry to hear of this situation with your father. I would let someone know that your father is doing this, either the Sherriff's Office or a lawyer. I would let them know ahead of time that he is full of crap. Hope all goes well for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Really, is he on any anti depressants or anything like that? I'm no MD, but if he has stopped taking his meds for any reason, it could make him act like an idiot.

He isnt on anything that I know of maybe on stuff though.  No history of stuff that I know of
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, that sucks.  Your dad seems hell-bent on ruining your life.  You should fake your own death or change your name.  Or get a restraining order, which I thought was supposed to be free.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#26]
That is a tough one dude. Hang in there. Follow the advise that someone else said about talking to the PD and/or lawyer to let them know, in advance, what is/has been going on. Good luck amigo!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I quess I'll go the the police and see about a restraining order and reporting him for harassing calls
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Wouldn't it just be easier to stop taking drugs ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Warning - the restraining order option can be a problem.

a) if he's planning to cause problems for you, he will find a way regardless. "anonymous phone calls to your employer" etc. so it won't stop that, even though it should.

b) if you file a RO against him, he's basically "automatically" qualified to file one against you, which will cause your firearm collection to be taken away, and make you federally prohibited from posessing any firearms. Very, very bad to then have the one gun you forgot to turn in be found, which makes it a federal weapon charge which becomes a permanent firearm prohibition.

I agree with Ed's advise - ignore, and let it run its course.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.

Wish that was an option
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#32]
If he is annoying you then its a felony.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If he is annoying you then its a felony.

How do I get something done about it
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to the Local SO and see if they want to do their job.

Unless it's different in Georgia, restraining orders pertain to civil law only. LEO can do nothing with them.
Protective orders on the other hand are different, LEO can do something about that. This is Texas law only though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's the link to the thread

I know this was just signed into law but it does read "telecommunications......threaten.....harrass" , but I think he would have to do it anonymously for this to work.  This prevents trolls from how I understand it.

Personally, I don't answer BLOCKED numbers and if they wanta call from an identifiable number.....I'll answer.   I don't waste my time from people hiding from me to call me.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#36]
"A companion service to Caller ID, called Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR), requires an incoming call from a blocked number to be unblocked before the call will ring through. Use of this feature forces the harasser to disclose the number - by entering *82 - or to choose to not complete the call. But a determined harasser can get around this feature by using a payphone. This service can be added to a consumer's local phone service for a fee or at no charge depending on the carrier. It is activated and deactivated with the touchtone code *77. "
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
"A companion service to Caller ID, called Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR), requires an incoming call from a blocked number to be unblocked before the call will ring through. Use of this feature forces the harasser to disclose the number - by entering *82 - or to choose to not complete the call. But a determined harasser can get around this feature by using a payphone. This service can be added to a consumer's local phone service for a fee or at no charge depending on the carrier. It is activated and deactivated with the touchtone code *77. "

Problem is my grandmother has just basic phone without all that.  He cal call and bother me I'll not answer or tell him to fuckoff.  Im more pissed at him for calling and harassing an 80 year old woman
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Wow, that sucks.  Your dad seems hell-bent on ruining your life.  You should fake your own death or change your name.  Or get a restraining order, which I thought was supposed to be free.

I told my grandmother if he calls looking for me tell him Im dead, shot myself in the head.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

.....If it doesn't work,invite him to play in one of your forts and let it collapse on his head

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm sorry to hear of this situation with your father. I would let someone know that your father is doing this, either the Sherriff's Office or a lawyer. I would let them know ahead of time that he is full of crap. Hope all goes well for you.

Call the lawyer long before you call the sheriff. Don't ever, ever bring the Man into your life if you can help it. Call the lawyer, tell him everything, and I do mean everything, and let him handle it. Tread carefully!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call the lawyer long before you call the sheriff. Don't ever, ever bring the Man into your life if you can help it. Call the lawyer, tell him everything, and I do mean everything, and let him handle it. Tread carefully!

what does something like that cost?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Call the local PD/SO and make a complaint of Annoying or Harrasing phone calls...get a incident number and continue to document the calls. Get in touch with your local Magistrate and get a warrant for the problem...continue getting warrants against him every time you get a call. Also if you have a pro-active LEO they will have no problem calling your dad and telling him to stop or you'll go ahead with securing warrants. Sometimes a call from a cop is all it takes.

good luck.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#43]
You two need to get things straightened out.

Call up the jerry springer show, describe your situation, and see if there's a show they can put you on.

Jerry can help.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#44]
As was said above, get an attorney and tell him EVERYTHING! let him handle it, don't get the cops involved unless it's nessessary, they love shit like this, and will make everybody's life miserable if given the chance. Figure at least $100 to talk to a attorney. Take his advice seriously,Do what he says.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "MAN" will be the one to serve the restraining order on him.  

GR
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Are you actually on drug? Assuming no just offer to take a piss test if they give you any problems at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top