Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2010 8:34:34 PM EDT
Allright... So I am a student, cutting my hours working at the ER, so I can focus on school more closely. I have an additional job working for the fire dept, as a paramedic. My FD job, combined with the post 9/11 GI bill give me a mothly income of $1,800+/-. The ER job will be fluff to supplement my income.

Bottom line is that I will lose my group health coverage, and I have ADHD. My meds are expensive as fuck, but Blue cross blue shield will not pay for my chronic medications due to ADHD being a "mental problem".

What I need is a good insurance company for an unmaried, 29 year old, non smoking, school attending male. Also, it would be nice if I could get decent pharmacy copays.

Should I become a medicaide leech? Cobra is out of the question due to being dildos expensive. Who gives decent rates in the insurance industry. I am willing to shell out some coin, but don't want to get put over a barrel if I get hospitalized.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
get a high deductible plan if obama care hasnt killed them already.

If you can get on medicare making 1800 a month its nuts. Buy your drugs from canada/mexico
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are taking the same prescriptions every month, your best bet might be to just shop around for the best price and pay cash.  I had a mole removed a few months ago, and needed a special antibiotic ointment while the incision healed.  With my copay, the cost would have been around $180.  I went to Walgreens and signed up for their "Prescripton Savings Plan", or whatever its called.  Prescription ended up costing around $75, the savings plan was maybe $25 for the year.   Point is, most pharmacies charge insurance companies inflated prices, so your copay will be based on that inflated price.  Eliminate the middlemen, pay cash, and things will usually be cheaper.  YMMV
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Buy your drugs from canada/mexico

This^  Check out www.planetdrugsdirect.com . I'm paying less than a fifth for generic Lipitor than what I was paying for branded Lipitor locally. Works exactly the same. Delivery is 8 to 10 days from date of order. Quite an arrangement. It's made in India, ordered from Canada, and is shipped via Deutschepost. They may also have a generic for your meds.
FWIW
YMMV

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#4]
ADHD is a myth. Particularly for a person in your age range.

Look into proper diet. It will solve more of your problems than medication ever will.
Hint: Most of it is related to soda and fast food. Cut these out, and things will improve rapidly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top