Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/5/2015 10:23:43 PM EDT
So my employer instituted a new policy this year. If your spouse's employer offers insurance, but your spouse decides to be on your insurance instead, you have to pay a $600 surcharge.

Employees whose spouses are not offered any other insurance, i.e. housewives, private contractors, etc. are exempt.

Additionally, we both have to do a blood draw and biometric screening, if either of us fail we lose a "credit" worth $600. Well my wife did not meet the requirements. So that's $1200.

Of course premiums went up 7.5% this year, better than last year's Obamacare induced 36%, but damn, it's a $1,476 increase.

I've been promoted twice, received 3% raises the past four years, but I'll be bringing home what I brought home in 2009.

What is the fucking point in trying to getting ahead in this America? Anyone else been hit with this bullshit surcharge?

END RANT
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, the exploding cost of healthcare spreads it's dark wings a little bit further. Sorry you are getting burned but I do sincerely hope it bankrupts the hell out of all the sniveling leftist weenies who pushed it on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah my wife has the family plan and I have to use my employers single plan. It wouldn't cost any extra to be on her insurance if my employer didn't offer insurance or if I didn't work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Obamacare plan is proceeding nicely, and on track to single payer, socialized medicine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I work in Health insurance and THIS IS THE FALL OUT of O care.  We in the industry were screaming this to everyone back in 2010 when we saw the mandates.  The insurance industry has spent billions yes billions to build the systems, and logic then rebuilding the systems and inputting new logic, then doing it again 10 more times as every month the requirements/ gov mandates would change on us.

With all of the FSA now getting free benefits you must pick up the slack as costs EVERYWHERE are sky rocketing.

The whole purpose is to reduce your income and move you further down the social ladder to where you can be controlled.  AND... of course the obvious, break the system so badly with O Care that people with DEMAND a singler payer govt owned system TADA! Socialst medicine and then .gov can be the sole recipient of billions of dollars of healthcare revenue vs. the private sector.  All about them dolla dolla billz yall!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
We just got the exact same notice...  

FU Obama
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Cadillac plan taxes , to make plans that actually pay for shit go away... Gotta love 0 Care.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
My husband's old job had that surcharge as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Tricare Prime is $57 a month




Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:


Obamacare plan is proceeding nicely, and on track to single payer, socialized medicine.
View Quote




Thx 0bama





Don't forget the fine if any of your dependents change for any reason from when you sign up. (If you don't report in 30 days)









 
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#10]
It is nothing new.    It has been around a few years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I will not comply with obamacare. I had health insurance but the rates went up so much my employer cut it. Fuck it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So my employer instituted a new policy this year. If your spouse's employer offers insurance, but your spouse decides to be on your insurance instead, you have to pay a $600 surcharge.
View Quote


Unfortunately, you're married. What you needed to do was cohabitate, then your significant could qualify for Medicaid, receive food stamps and WIC (if you have kids), and you could avoid that spousal surcharge.

Obamacare has little to do with health care as we knew it and much more with creating a permanent underclass through income distribution, an underclass who will forever vote for Democrats.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So my employer instituted a new policy this year. If your spouse's employer offers insurance, but your spouse decides to be on your insurance instead, you have to pay a $600 surcharge.

Employees whose spouses are not offered any other insurance, i.e. housewives, private contractors, etc. are exempt.

Additionally, we both have to do a blood draw and biometric screening, if either of us fail we lose a "credit" worth $600. Well my wife did not meet the requirements. So that's $1200.

Of course premiums went up 7.5% this year, better than last year's Obamacare induced 36%, but damn, it's a $1,476 increase.

I've been promoted twice, received 3% raises the past four years, but I'll be bringing home what I brought home in 2009.

What is the fucking point in trying to getting ahead in this America? Anyone else been hit with this bullshit surcharge?

END RANT
View Quote


Our surcharge is only $140. Luckily my wife takes her employers plan.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work in Health insurance and THIS IS THE FALL OUT of O care.  We in the industry were screaming this to everyone back in 2010 when we saw the mandates.  The insurance industry has spent billions yes billions to build the systems, and logic then rebuilding the systems and inputting new logic, then doing it again 10 more times as every month the requirements/ gov mandates would change on us.

With all of the FSA now getting free benefits you must pick up the slack as costs EVERYWHERE are sky rocketing.

The whole purpose is to reduce your income and move you further down the social ladder to where you can be controlled.  AND... of course the obvious, break the system so badly with O Care that people with DEMAND a singler payer govt owned system TADA! Socialst medicine and then .gov can be the sole recipient of billions of dollars of healthcare revenue vs. the private sector.  All about them dolla dolla billz yall!
View Quote


If your industry had not 'created' the Sky Net version of healthcare, it could not bite us all in the ass once it was self aware.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tricare Prime is $57 a month

View Quote

Damn, that's up 30 bucks from when I was in, 13 bucks from when I was retired, and 57 from standard.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm very thankful to have access to my healthcare.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Next year I expect either a higher surcharge or the full on spousal "carve out" as it's called.

And the dismantling of the American middle class proceeds apace.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tricare Prime is $57 a month

View Quote


Tricare Reserve Select. $205/mo w/ dependents.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
why doesn't your wife use her insurance thru her employer?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why doesn't your wife use her insurance thru her employer?
View Quote


It's a shit plan. Basically one of those Obamacare minimally acceptable plans that pays nothing until you incur thousands in costs.

Financially, it makes more sense for me to pay the bullshit surcharge.


Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Self employed, premium for my wife and I went from $494/mo to $800/mo. Our house payment is $650.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]
$600 and 7.5%?

Lucky.

Try $1,200 and almost 20% increase in premiums (not counting the $1,200 surcharge).
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]
We had to do the same thing. My wife was on my plan because having our 4 person family on the same plan meant we could use the same doctors, sam pharmacies, and it made keeping track of all of the copays easy. Afterwards, she had to go to her employers, I had to change mine as my employer discontinued the old plan for a new and improved one with higher premiums and deductibles and my old Dr. was out of network. Oh, and the nearest clinic that now takes it is miles away.



Fuck the healthcare law, FBHO, fuck the GOP do nothing Congress, and FSCOTUS that upheld all of this bull shit.




Healthcare costs are up and insurance doesn't cover shit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife just got hers in the mail today and same thing. $44 extra per check if my employer offers insurance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah my wife has the family plan and I have to use my employers single plan. It wouldn't cost any extra to be on her insurance if my employer didn't offer insurance or if I didn't work.
View Quote

Yup mine to. My wifes insurance is much better than mine but because of something in Obamacare I can no longer be on her policy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#25]
"my wife is a stay at home mom"
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#26]
For what it's worth, this has been a policy at my employer since well before Obamadontcare.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$600 and 7.5%?

Lucky.

Try $1,200 and almost 20% increase in premiums (not counting the $1,200 surcharge).
View Quote


I am at $1,200 with the failed biometrics, and the 7.5% premium increase was preceded by a 36% one last year.

We're on the same sinking boat brother, just different decks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#28]
We just found out this week that starting in 2017, spouses who are eligible for insurance through their employer cannot be on our plan at all.  Not even a surcharge option.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We just found out this week that starting in 2017, spouses who are eligible for insurance through their employer cannot be on our plan at all.  Not even a surcharge option.
View Quote


The so-called "spousal carve out." Coming soon to an employer near you!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So my employer instituted a new policy this year. If your spouse's employer offers insurance, but your spouse decides to be on your insurance instead, you have to pay a $600 surcharge.

Employees whose spouses are not offered any other insurance, i.e. housewives, private contractors, etc. are exempt.

Additionally, we both have to do a blood draw and biometric screening, if either of us fail we lose a "credit" worth $600. Well my wife did not meet the requirements. So that's $1200.

Of course premiums went up 7.5% this year, better than last year's Obamacare induced 36%, but damn, it's a $1,476 increase.

I've been promoted twice, received 3% raises the past four years, but I'll be bringing home what I brought home in 2009.

What is the fucking point in trying to getting ahead in this America? Anyone else been hit with this bullshit surcharge?

END RANT
View Quote


Yes, in the exact same boat.  Last year we had her get insurance through her work.  This year we may do a high deductible plan because there is no spousal surcharge and employer is giving a big credit to our HSA.   Also after the deductable under the high cost plan there is no 80/20.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:


I am at $1,200 with the failed biometrics, and the 7.5% premium increase was preceded by a 36% one last year.

We're on the same sinking boat brother, just different decks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
$600 and 7.5%?

Lucky.

Try $1,200 and almost 20% increase in premiums (not counting the $1,200 surcharge).


I am at $1,200 with the failed biometrics, and the 7.5% premium increase was preceded by a 36% one last year.

We're on the same sinking boat brother, just different decks.

Biometrics?

I guess it's not iris capture you're talking about?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:


I am at $1,200 with the failed biometrics, and the 7.5% premium increase was preceded by a 36% one last year.

We're on the same sinking boat brother, just different decks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
$600 and 7.5%?

Lucky.

Try $1,200 and almost 20% increase in premiums (not counting the $1,200 surcharge).


I am at $1,200 with the failed biometrics, and the 7.5% premium increase was preceded by a 36% one last year.

We're on the same sinking boat brother, just different decks.


I'm paying more per month now (with the increase) for a family plan with less coverage than I the same amount of money would have bought six months worth of when I moved to the states in 2000.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why doesn't your wife use her insurance thru her employer?
View Quote



Mrs. Kubota's insurance through work is shit, high deductibles an co-pays, that $7,500ish would be manageable if she ad a serious medical problem.  The bitch is they only cove 80% of the bill she/we are on the hook for that remaining 20%.  A heart attack could easily be $250,000...so that would be $50,000 to us.

Cancer, oh fuck!!!!  That can easily hit $1,000,000, that would be $200,000 to us, oh and that $7,500.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Appears health insurance is a scam
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#35]
What's to stop a US citizen from pretending to be an "undocumented immigrant" at the emergency room?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Our surcharge was 100.00 month.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's to stop a US citizen from pretending to be an "undocumented immigrant" at the emergency room?
View Quote


Que? No comprende. Mi ganglios es inflamado.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:



Mrs. Kubota's insurance through work is shit, high deductibles an co-pays, that $7,500ish would be manageable if she ad a serious medical problem.  The bitch is they only cove 80% of the bill she/we are on the hook for that remaining 20%.  A heart attack could easily be $250,000...so that would be $50,000 to us.

Cancer, oh fuck!!!!  That can easily hit $1,000,000, that would be $200,000 to us, oh and that $7,500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
why doesn't your wife use her insurance thru her employer?



Mrs. Kubota's insurance through work is shit, high deductibles an co-pays, that $7,500ish would be manageable if she ad a serious medical problem.  The bitch is they only cove 80% of the bill she/we are on the hook for that remaining 20%.  A heart attack could easily be $250,000...so that would be $50,000 to us.

Cancer, oh fuck!!!!  That can easily hit $1,000,000, that would be $200,000 to us, oh and that $7,500.


that's what I figured. shitty offerings.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Serious question...

"My wife doesn't work"

How would they know or be able to find out?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's to stop a US citizen from pretending to be an "undocumented immigrant" at the emergency room?
View Quote


I know someone who did something like this. Didn't believe him until he showed me his test results with his alias.

He went in for chest pain after he had lost his job and insurance a few weeks prior; living off of savings and credit cards. He was desperate because he thought he was going to die but knew if he went it would bankrupt him.

So he did what desperate people do - desperate shit.

Went to the nearest regional hospital and gave a performance making all of his symptoms/issues way worse than they were to make sure he wouldn't get sent away with 2 Tylenol or something. Since it was seen as a life threatening condition they triaged him and he was seeing a doctor working him up for an ekg and getting a specialist ready to a stent and whatever else all while they were trying to get his name, social, insurance, etc.

He gave them an alias he stuck with. Remembered a bullshit social and address that was the same every time. Said he forgot his drivers license at home because he panicked.

He got an ekg, a few scans and blood work. Wasn't a heart issue apparently. I'm sure they're still trying to collect on his alias and I'm pretty sure what he did is 10 different ways of illegal but it worked.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question...

"My wife doesn't work"

How would they know or be able to find out?
View Quote


The HONOR system is not to be taken lightly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#42]
600 last year.  This year 1200


Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#43]
My work pays me to be on my wifes .gov union health insurance.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#44]
My employer has had the spousal surcharge and biometric stuff for a few years.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#45]
$1200 is cheap compared to the cost of the reduced benefits, increased premiums, and increased deductibles I now pay thanks to Osamacare.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:



Mrs. Kubota's insurance through work is shit, high deductibles an co-pays, that $7,500ish would be manageable if she ad a serious medical problem.  The bitch is they only cove 80% of the bill she/we are on the hook for that remaining 20%.  A heart attack could easily be $250,000...so that would be $50,000 to us.

Cancer, oh fuck!!!!  That can easily hit $1,000,000, that would be $200,000 to us, oh and that $7,500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
why doesn't your wife use her insurance thru her employer?



Mrs. Kubota's insurance through work is shit, high deductibles an co-pays, that $7,500ish would be manageable if she ad a serious medical problem.  The bitch is they only cove 80% of the bill she/we are on the hook for that remaining 20%.  A heart attack could easily be $250,000...so that would be $50,000 to us.

Cancer, oh fuck!!!!  That can easily hit $1,000,000, that would be $200,000 to us, oh and that $7,500.

You prolly have an out of pocket max that you aren't considering.  Check your policy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#47]
And the lying scum sucker Josh Earnest said today that 70% of Americans are getting Obutthole Care for $75/mo.

There really should be a stiff prison sentence for lying to the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And the lying scum sucker Josh Earnest said today that 70% of Americans are getting Obutthole Care for $75/mo.

There really should be a stiff prison sentence for lying to the taxpayers.
View Quote

Maybe 70% of Americans are on Medicare/aid/fare/handouts.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Charging more to add a spouse/kid is fine.

Doing it only in the case of a spouse with coverage available elsewhere is bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Charging more to add a spouse/kid is fine.

Doing it only in the case of a spouse with coverage available elsewhere is bullshit.
View Quote

Honestly, you'd think both insurance companies would benefit, since they'd both be paying out less.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.


By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top