Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2003 4:14:49 PM EDT
I just returned from the funeral of a 25 year old friend. A fine fellow. A splendid character. A suicide. When he was 18, he and his 17 year old girlfriend got married. She is a blonde knockout and he loved her for all he was worth. And then some. Two weeks ago she left him. Filed for divorce. Of course, all his friends gathered around him, and his family did the same. I was seeing him on an almost daily basis for the past two weeks, along with other friends. We talked by telephone when we weren't together. I saw him last Thursday night, leaving [b]Brother Nick's[/b] place, and was surprised that he was going home so early. 'Will I see you tomorrow', I asked him. 'Of course', he replied, and we shook hands on it. The next morning...he took his own life with a pistol. Alone, distraught, and contemplating life without his childhood friend and lover, the pain of living outweighed the pain of dying, I suppose. He was buried today. He said, "I'll love you 'til I die." She told him, "You'll forget in time." As the years went slowly by, She still preyed upon his mind. He kept her picture on the wall. Went half crazy now and then. But he still loved her through it all, Hoping she'd come back again. Kept some letters by his bed, Dated 1962. He had underlined in red Every single 'I love you'. I went to see him just today, But I didn't see no tears. All dressed up to go away, First time I'd seen him smile in years. He stopped loving her today, They placed a wreath upon his door, And soon they'll carry him away, He stopped loving her today. You know, she came to see him last time. And we were all wonderin' if she would. And it kept runnin' through my mind, This time he's over her for good. He stopped loving her today, They placed a wreath upon his door, And soon they'll carry him away, He stopped loving her today. Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:21:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:21:32 PM EDT
That's a shame. God bless the families.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:29:03 PM EDT
I am sorry you lost your friend, what he did is another matter, best not discussed at this time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:29:29 PM EDT
Sad....very sad. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:33:46 PM EDT
Eric, sad news. I know exactly how you feel because I was in your shoes at one time. My best friend whom I had know since I was 2 took his life after his wife filed for a divorce. It hurt so bad that I thought I would die myself because of the pain, and there are times that he comes back to me and I miss him again and I start to hurt all over again. It's just no damned good. I'm pulling for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:34:43 PM EDT
Hun, My deepest condolences. It is a real shame he wasn't able to deal with his loss. That is a real tragedy. "A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love."...W. B. Yeats
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:38:33 PM EDT
Damned sorry to hear that, what a sad waste of a young life.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:39:05 PM EDT
As bizarre as it may sound, we actually thought that he might do something like take a gun and end it all. But we knew that he was a real RKBA fellow and would never do anything that would threaten our rights, or add another statistic to Hangun Control, Inc's list of handgun deaths. When you're not thinking clearly enough to prefer life over death, you are not thinking clearly enough about any subject. Well, we did everything we could do to cheer him up and get his wife off his mind, but, obviously, our attempts fell far short. We are one sad and disheartened group today, let me tell you. Eric The(MeanwhileWifeGoesOn)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:42:04 PM EDT
That is very sad. When I got divorced from my first wife, I considered the same thing so I can understand how he felt. Luckily somehow I was able to cope but it was close, very close. Don't beat yourself up thinking that there was something that you could have said or done that would have prevented it, there wasn't, trust me on this one. I had a lot of close friends talking to me and spending time with me but ultimatly it's a decision that you make on your own.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:48:25 PM EDT
My condolences. So sad to hear of this sort of thing. Even more sad that it's happened often enough such that a man wrote a song, an incredible song, to tell the story. Think of the good times you and your friend had. He will be there sharing them with you forever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:50:30 PM EDT
MY deepest condolences ETH. TXL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:50:43 PM EDT
Sad. Suicide is certainly the wrong answer. :(
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:59:35 PM EDT
A very sad tale, to be sure. My prayers are with you and his family.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:02:40 PM EDT
My condolences.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 5:27:40 PM EDT by TomJefferson]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:34:14 PM EDT
... My sincere condolences [b]EricTheHun[/b].
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:37:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:38:21 PM EDT
God have mercy. I'm so sorry to hear the news ETH. Condolences to you, his friends, and his family. Prayers sent. I need to go tell my wife and my son "I love you" at least one more time tonight. I hope [s]that cold hearted BITCH[/s] she is happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:49:52 PM EDT
You have my sympathy and prayers, ETH. It's very sad and painful when a friend chooses to end their life. All the more so when you've tried your hardest to prevent them from doing so.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:52:14 PM EDT
[:(] My condolences
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:59:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TomJefferson: I'll pray for him. Posted by Billy
View Quote
Thank you, [b]Brother Billy![/b] I know the Good Lord would be hard-pressed to say 'No' to anything that [u]you[/u] asked of Him! So, I know that my friend will rest easier with your prayers, and I thank you so much for them. And I know that it goes without saying, my dear friend, that this was NOT the way to handle the problems that face us in life. There is simply [u]nothing[/u] that is so bad that you cannot talk with your father, or with Our Father, and receive the answer that will set your mind at ease. I wish my father was still alive so that I could ask him what to do in my own life! There are so many times that I find myself asking, What would my father have told me to do? And then I remember that my father brought all of his cares and problems to [b]Jesus[/b] and asked Him to provide the answers. Which He always did. So, my father is still with me, still pointing me in the direction that I know I must travel. And travel it I will, until He comes for me, or until I go to Him. But I would never do anything that would hasten that meeting, sweet though it will be. Remember this always. Our lives are not ours, but His, and we are not supposed to throw away such a beautiful and wonderful gift from Our Father, for [u]any[/u] reason whatsoever! That is something that Judas Iscariot did. Judas could have found the same redemption that Peter found after denying Christ, but he chose a different path. One that led downward. Eric The(AndWeKnowWhereHeIs!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:04:31 PM EDT
My sympathy. I lost my husband in a MVA 3 weeks after we married. While the marriage was undoubtedly a mistake, I have never forgotten how the tragic loss of life of a friend leaves a mark on one forever. TT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:06:24 PM EDT
[:(] I never like to hear of a life taken, especially like that... [i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:26:14 PM EDT
My condolences, ETH. May your friend R.I.P. I bury my favorite aunt tomorrow. My father shot himself just over 34 years ago last month----. It still affects me. You must remember it is not anything you did or failed to do. It was his decision to deal with a problem he couldn't face. I know how it is - I have considered it more than once but have always found another way. May your current troubles be something you can deal with, Eric.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:29:05 PM EDT
Eric, I am very sorry about your loss. I lost my Mom to cancer back in February, and I understand how you feel about your Father. I miss my Mom so bad, and I wish she was here to ask all the questions that I have, but I know that she is guiding me the best that she can. Again, I am truly sorry.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:35:53 PM EDT
ETH, my condolences. I know how he must have felt. My wife died 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I have cried every day, no words can express my love for her or the loss that I feel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:38:59 PM EDT
I too feel that I must add my condolences. I hope he's with the Lord now, may the Lord be with all of his family and friends.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:43:23 PM EDT
ETH, I'm at a loss for words. Your story leaves a haunting sense of lonely dread. God Bless all those who loved your friend and may the Good Lord welcome him home to soothe his sorry soul.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:46:55 PM EDT
Eric, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to all concerned.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:47:58 PM EDT
It is so senseless, I get so angry when I read about guy's that take their lives over a woman. I am at a loss for words. My condolences for you Brother Hun, Prayers for you and his family. angry and speachless thedave
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:51:12 PM EDT
That's a heartbreaker, ETH. Sometimes there's just not enough of the "right words" to make that kind of pain go away. Sorry you're having to deal with the loss of a friend, he left a good one behind.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:52:17 PM EDT
Eric, sorry for your loss. Keep your faith. Prayers for you and yours... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:07:59 PM EDT
Eric T Hun, So very very sad brother Hun. This hits close to home, I have been heartbroken too, so bad it crushes you down to the floor and you cant move. Only faith in The Lord and his help prevented a similar tragedy for me. Wow, when you love someone so deep, you are definitely playing with fire, ... oh how I know. Prayers go out brother... I hope he might have been baptized. Dram :(
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:21:18 PM EDT
Sorry to hear it Eric. I have lost several friends, but none to suicide. My sincerest condolences and prayers are with you and your friend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:11:32 PM EDT
It makes no Difference where i turn I cant get over you and the flame still burns It makes no difference night or day your shadow never seems to fade away And the sun don't shine anymore... And the rains falls down on my door... Now there's no love As true as the love that lies untold but the clouds never hung so low before It makes no difference how far I go Like a star the hurt will always show It makes no difference who i meet They're just a face in the crowd on a dead end street And the sun don't shine anymore... And the rains fall down on my door... These old love letters i just can't keep just like the gambler says read 'em and weep And the dawn don't rescue me no more... Without your love I am nothing at all like an empty hole It's a lonely fall Since you've gone it's a losing battle stampedeing cattle that rattle the walls And the sun don't shine anymore... And the rains fall down on my door... Well I love you so much and its all I can do just to keep myself from telling you that I've never felt so alone before... The Band
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:37:22 PM EDT
I am saddened to hear this and my condolences go out to the families and to you, Eric--sorry you lost a friend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:43:17 PM EDT
ETH, I don't know what to say, but I would like to add my condolences. I'll pray for you and his family.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:47:07 PM EDT
sorry to hear the loss of one of our own [:(]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:50:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:13:11 PM EDT
so sorry Eric. I buried my Mother Saturday. May the Lord comfort you, and his family and friends. Kev
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:14:27 PM EDT
Having helped him cope with his sorrow only to have it end this way must weigh heavily on your spirt ETH. I am truly sorry for you, his family members and friends. God said "judge not lest ye be judged" That's how I see it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:18:18 PM EDT
My condolences ETH.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 5:48:29 AM EDT by Zaphod]
[:(] I'm sorry, Eric. If he was the stand-up guy you describe (and I know you standards are high) he's living it up right now. Small consolation, but sometimes that's enough. Prayers for you and his family, brother.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:19:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Am-O-Tramp: God said "judge not lest ye be judged" That's how I see it.
View Quote
Exactly. ETH I am very sorry to hear of this. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:25:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:28:55 PM EDT
ETH, My deepest condolences. It's at time like this that we must stop and remember just how precious life is. My prayers for you, him, and his family are on there way. Stay strong brother. Scott
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:33:24 PM EDT
Sorry to hear about this, ETH. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:44:19 PM EDT
I'm very sorry Eric. I've seen the senseless loss too and and sometimes there just isn't much else you can say.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:54:03 PM EDT
Sorry brother HUN. I'll be praying for you and his family tonight.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:18:11 PM EDT
Sorry to hear ETH. I had a friend that did the same. He stoped by my house played with my little girl and told me to take care of her. Next morning his mom called to give me the news. I know how you feel. If you need to talk, I'm hear for ya buddy. Sparsky
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top