Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2009 10:39:36 AM EDT
Hey ARFCOM first responders!

I have more codes to give away for my iPhone application , HazRef 2008.  The first time around response was awesome ( you guys gave me lots of good feedback and bug reports ).  I have just submitted to Apple an update to HazRef which will bring Initial Isolation and Protective Action distances which was unarguably the most requested feature.  Apple is notoriously.. "arbitrary" in their update approval process so I can't give a definite ETA but I'm hoping for sometime in the next week.  While we are waiting, I've decided to give away more promo codes here at ARFCOM since you guys are awesome! (I know, shameless butt kissing will get me everywhere!)

HazRef 2008 is a hazardous materials database that resides on your phone, based primarily on the US DOT Emergency Response Guide 2008.  It contains a searchable, browsable database of the nearly 3000 materials listed in the ERG as well as a visual database depicting placards for all the various hazard classes.  And finally, each material or placard is connected to the appropriate response guide which eliminates tedious searching in the ERG.   HazRef 2008 is a work in progress so some info found in the ERG hasn't made it into HazRef (yet).  My next target feature is decoding all the transportation special provision codes for each material.  Anybody whose looked at 49 CFR 172.102 will know that it's no small task!   I'm also planning on adding the ERG TIH tables, the ERG glossary and the ability to 'preload' the phone book with all the contact information ( names and phone numbers ) for regional and national coordinators.  I've also recently been directed to the NIOSH Pocket Guide and who knows, that info could eventually make it into HazRef as well!

Post in the thread or send me an IM and I will send you the code and info on how to redeem it.   Let me know even if you don't personally have an iPhone but know somebody who does, I will send info to you to pass along.  First responders take care of us and I would like to take care of ( even in a little way ) ARFCOM's first responders.  I have a group of about twenty codes I can give away and I will keep the original post updated with the count.

Thanks for looking!

Update 25 Apr 08:45 CDT: 13 codes left for the asking
Update 27 Apr 00:00 CDT: 11 codes left, don't be shy!
Update 28 Apr 00:38 CDT: 7 codes left
Update 29 Apr 10:44 CDT: 5 codes left
Update 1 May 10:00 CDT: 1 code left
Update 1 May 21:10 CDT: All Codes Spoken For

Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I am definitely interested! My IM box is full, so don't try to reply there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome app. Used it once or twice at work, definitely helped.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am definitely interested! My IM box is full, so don't try to reply there.

Email sent instead!
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll take one of those codes if you please. In the meantime I'll just deny entry and isolate!
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a Tech with entry and training responsibilities since 2000 and I would respectfully like to request one.

Thanks for any assistance you might provide and you may send to - [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to take a look at this app.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
How 'bout porting it to Win Mobile, too?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How 'bout porting it to Win Mobile, too?  

I'm not against a port to Win Mobile (or any other platform); it just won't be me doing to work.  This topic came up in the previous thread and I am still more than willing to share my raw data with other parties that want to do ports (or similar applications) for other platforms.  This data all comes from the .gov, I just try to make all that data easy to use on the iPhone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn I ended up paying for it....
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please accept my thanks and take solace that the funds acquired will go for more EBRs and my childrens' college fund.  Seriously, thank you and please let me know if you have any questions, comments or problems.  I want all of you folks to be 100% satisfied ( I know it's not possible, but that is what I will strive for ).
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please accept my thanks and take solace that the funds acquired will go for more EBRs and my childrens' college fund.  Seriously, thank you and please let me know if you have any questions, comments or problems.  I want all of you folks to be 100% satisfied ( I know it's not possible, but that is what I will strive for ).

Becuase of paying you for that program, I cant afford college or EBR's.... haha just kidding, I dont own any firearms, they were all lost in a Gasoline Explosion, so I bought the program after so I could save my future guns!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the program on the first go around and it is a great app for the iphone, every first responder should have it
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like one.

Missed it on the first go around, hoping to get one here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my reference number and downloaded the file and now have it on the IPhone, great little resource tool and I am much appreciative for your time and generosity in hooking me up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got my reference number and downloaded the file and now have it on the IPhone, great little resource tool and I am much appreciative for your time and generosity in hooking me up.

You are quite welcome!  If you feel it's appropriate, leave me a glowing review in the App Store  If it's not glowing, talk to me about what I can do better before you ding me, please!   The making of HazRef 2008 has been a great adventure for me and it is extremely satisfying to know that people find it useful.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump for the last five codes, careful or I'll offer them in GD
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#19]
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Hit me.  I work security/ETT at a refinery.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks again ARFCOM first responders, I hope you find the app useful.  Please consider leaving a review in the App Store if you are so inclined and give me feedback on the HazRef 2008  forums on what I can do to serve you folks better.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#22]
left a review. This is cool. I can never find my dang book when I need it. Neither can anyone else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top