Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/31/2004 11:39:36 AM EST
We were standing outside talking to a neighbor and the crows were making quite a racket. Looked up in the tree to see what they were doing. Mr. Hawk had scored a hit.

6 or seven Crows were harassing the Hawk

Hawk finally decides to move to another tree about 100 yards away.

I had my camera in the pocket of my new Tactical 5.11 pants from SKD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:46:21 AM EST
I like both birds, Hawks for their beauty, and crows for their intelligence.

Was just watching a show on PBS this AM about a Hawk nest in downtonw NY. At one point a group of crows were considering attacking the nest to get the chicks, and the Hawk had to drive the group away.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:46:53 AM EST
Great picks! A few weeks back I watched a hawk eat a pigeon on top of a streetlight but, unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:51:30 AM EST
I popped a crow the other day with my 10 gauge. They are very smart, but this one was dead set on going after an owl. The crow flew right over me and was'nt paying attention to detail. He's not paying attention to anything now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:51:45 AM EST
Trivia time.

What do you call a group of crows?

A murder or muster of crow's
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:07:17 PM EST
murder of crows chief, it has been said that crows are smarter than monkeys in some forms do to there abilty to manufacture tools needed to create their nests --where monkeys use whats around in order to hovel up.

Crows are a blast to hunt, especially in late september when thier in the corn stalks---shot guns for fly overs varmint rifles for field and tree kills---almost better than sex.

--sgwlower
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:07:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By ED_P:
I like both birds, Hawks for their beauty, and crows for their intelligence.

Was just watching a show on PBS this AM about a Hawk nest in downtonw NY. At one point a group of crows were considering attacking the nest to get the chicks, and the Hawk had to drive the group away.

I watched that too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:18:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgwlower:
murder of crows chief, it has been said that crows are smarter than monkeys in some forms do to there abilty to manufacture tools needed to create their nests --where monkeys use whats around in order to hovel up.

Crows are a blast to hunt, especially in late september when thier in the corn stalks---shot guns for fly overs varmint rifles for field and tree kills---almost better than sex.

--sgwlower

I agree, fun to hunt. Once in a while I'll take afew and make a pie out of the meat. Pretty good too.
Top Top