Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/18/2005 5:20:47 PM EDT
Why doesn't Hawaii have any play in the hometown forums?
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:26:35 PM EDT
Have you been there?
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2005 8:38:18 PM EDT by USMC88-93]
Read up on Hawaii gun laws

No magazine over 10rds

All I repeat ALL weapons are registered at the police department

To purchase a firearm you pay for it/ get the paperwork/ take the paperwork to the police depatrment for fingerprints and background check/ then return with the paperwork to the firearms dealer, at which time you immeadiately take the firearm back to the police department for them to look at it verify it is legal note the serial # for their records, and give you a registration certificate which you are to keep a copy of with the firearm........

If you move there ALL your weapons have to be registered within 3 days etc............etc............
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
Is there any place for someone to shoot if they don't own land?
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:57:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:58:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USMC88-93:

No magazine over 10rds

To purchase a firearm you pay for it/ get the paperwork/ take the paperwork to the police depatrment for fingerprints and background check/ then return with the paperwork to the firearms dealer, at which time you immeadiately take the firearm back to the police department for them to look at it verify it is legal note the serial # for their records, and give you a registratiohn certificate which you are to keep a copy of with the firearm........

If you move there ALL your weapons have to be registered within 3 days etc............etc............

i dont think this has anything to do with hawaii not havin a hometown forum .
yes hawaii gun laws suck .

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wolfpack:

Originally Posted By munkalido:
Why doesn't Hawaii have any play in the hometown forums?

What would the 4 HI members do in a big, empty forum?

BINGO !

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:01:54 PM EDT
Ok. Good replies. So let me elaborate my question. If not Hawaii (a part of the U.S.) then why Europe and Canada?
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:05:44 PM EDT

Ok. Good replies. So let me elaborate my question. If not Hawaii (a part of the U.S.) then why Europe and Canada?

you ever been here ? i dont think its part of the U.S. , but thats just my 2 cents .

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:17:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCommissioner:

With acres and acres of open ocean, there's lots of room to shoot. Although, it would be kind of hard to sight in
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:20:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:46:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:
Maybe Alaska can share with Hawaii - kind of a hot and cold pair?

The gun laws do suck (even worse than California).

Might not be a bad idea. Or have HI with the Territories in a new Hometown forum
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 6:58:54 PM EDT
Hawaiian Hometown Forum would be a good idea. They could all get together [all 4 of them] and talk about how big their can of pepper spray is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

W­hich shoulder holster is best for the 20 ounce can. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

They could also discuss tattoos and mullets. [Dog the Bounty Hunter] HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

­

<­img src=/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif border=0 align=middle>
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 7:16:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rainman:
Hawaiian Hometown Forum would be a good idea. They could all get together [all 4 of them] and talk about how big their can of pepper spray is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

They could also discuss tattoos and mullets. [Dog the Bounty Hunter] HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
:D]

Dude, thats cruel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 7:21:43 PM EDT

Yes, we have public ranges.
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 7:26:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2005 7:29:58 PM EDT by Silver_Surfer]

Originally Posted By rainman:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Nah, we would talk about how we laid your ladies/girls when you were watching the topless hula dancers.

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:06:13 PM EDT
Go get 'em S.S.!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:23:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 6:56:05 AM EDT by StriplingWarrior]

No magazine over 10rds

To purchase a firearm you pay for it/ get the paperwork/ take the paperwork to the police depatrment for fingerprints and background check/ then return with the paperwork to the firearms dealer, at which time you immeadiately take the firearm back to the police department for them to look at it verify it is legal note the serial # for their records, and give you a registratiohn certificate which you are to keep a copy of with the firearm........

I guess all my AR10 (20 round) mags are not legal, NOT!

I also guess my AK (75 round drum) is not legal, NOT!

Love people that think they know the law.

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:25:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By StriplingWarrior:

No magazine over 10rds

I guess all my AR10 (20 round0 mags are not legal, NOT!

I also guess my AK (75 round drum) is not legal, NOT!

Love people that think they know the law.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/0a78a1d6.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/92e47535.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/Dsc01613.jpg

What happened to your handguards?
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2005 8:34:21 PM EDT by StriplingWarrior]

What happened to your handguards?

Read about it here

I had just got the upper back from ADCO, so I was taking some pic to post.

So here is one with handgueards

18 years and going strong here in Hawaii. I don't miss the so called mainland at all.
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2005 8:45:30 PM EDT by USMC88-93]
OK you have a point, but..........

Ar15 magazines are only legal if they hold 10 rounds.......

the reason is that there are AR15 pistols and pistols in hawaii can only hold 10 rounds I stand corrected as far as the other weapons but AR15 20 and 30rd magazines are illeagal for the general public to own this I know for a fact.

Disclaimer added: Don't quote me I'm no Hawaii expert, but I am fairly confident of this part
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 8:57:34 PM EDT

OK you have a point, but..........

Ar15 magazines are only legal if they hold 10 rounds.......

the reason is that there are AR15 pistols and pistols in hawaii can only hold 10 rounds I stand corrected as far as the other weapons but AR15 20 and 30rd magazines are illeagal for the general public to own this I know for a fact.

Disclaimer added: Don't quote me I'm no Hawaii expert, but I am fairly confident of this part

You are correct, but then how do you explain ruger 10/22 mags? The high caps are ok but theres a pistol out there that holds 10/22 mags? Aint "The Peoples Repiblic of Hawaii" gun laws screwed up or what! Fucken Dems
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 10:46:18 PM EDT
Guess when I move back to Hawaii this summer I will be number 5 for a prospective hometown forum... A couple more and we might even have a quorum...
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 10:51:30 PM EDT
There might be 6 of us.....

I'm born and raised here, wouldn't live anywhere else
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 10:59:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2005 11:05:29 PM EDT by Dieselman]

Originally Posted By 688manuvering:

you ever been here ? i dont think its part of the U.S. , but thats just my 2 cents .

No kidding! When I was in Hawaii, it seemed more like Japan, seeing how there was more asians speaking japanesse than whites speaking english.
Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:22:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dieselman:

+1

No kidding! When I was in Hawaii, it seemed more like Japan, seeing how there was more asians speaking japanesse than whites speaking english.

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:38:18 PM EDT
Someone say Japan? Do you really want to go shooting with these two on Hawaii?

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 11:43:07 PM EDT
I'd go anywhere shooting with the original members of the 442d RCT or their many relatives. Hawaiians are good people period.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 1:25:09 AM EDT
Your back yard looks familiar you live in Hawaii Kai?
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 4:18:01 AM EDT
Spent almost 2 years in Hawaii from '69 to '71. Mostly around Wahiawa, while I was stationed at the Fleet Operations Control Center Pacific Fleet (FOCCPAC). Also spent some time at Pearl Harbor. Loved it there. Beautiful place and weather. Wanted to stay there after I got out but when my time came, I got sent back to the states to get discharged and never went back.

Everyone there needs to get together and vote them Dems/Communists out of office.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 6:51:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By alpo:
Spent almost 2 years in Hawaii from '69 to '71. Mostly around Wahiawa, while I was stationed at the Fleet Operations Control Center Pacific Fleet (FOCCPAC). Also spent some time at Pearl Harbor. Loved it there. Beautiful place and weather. Wanted to stay there after I got out but when my time came, I got sent back to the states to get discharged and never went back.

Everyone there needs to get together and vote them Dems/Communists out of office.

We have started. We now have a Republican for Governor
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 6:54:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 7:02:56 AM EDT by StriplingWarrior]

The color of ones skin never bothered me. Does it bother you?
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 7:47:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 7:49:21 AM EDT by Silver_Surfer]

Originally Posted By Ellery_Holt:

+1

When people(toruist) visit from Japan, they all cannot speak english. Some people from the mainland kinda sound funny to us.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 9:08:13 AM EDT
The color of ones skin never bothered me. Does it bother you? [/quote/]

not at all . i have lots more to say on that subject but we'll wait for the appropriate thread .

Link Posted: 2/19/2005 9:15:17 AM EDT

The color of ones skin never bothered me. Does it bother you? [/quote/]

not at all . i have lots more to say on that subject but we'll wait for the appropriate thread .

Why don't you start one?

Link Posted: 2/19/2005 3:34:02 PM EDT
I'd rather go to Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 3:40:58 PM EDT
Going to Hawaii helps me sympathize with black people. It's an incredibly unfriendly and hostile place if you're white. Fucking lifeguards telling you to get off the beach because you're not a local. Peple warning you not to go to the Kohala Peinsula because you're white. What the fuck?
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 3:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 4:02:39 PM EDT by nightstalker]

I noticed a gun club a mile or so out of Lahaina and it was open maybe every other day. Didn't seem to be private. Downtown Honolulu is a kick. They have shooting galleries where the Japanese tourists can shoot the same gun as "Dirty Harry".

www.huntingnavigator.com/haw1.htm

Probably not all of them.

www.magnum50.com/midweekarticle.html

Link Posted: 2/19/2005 4:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 4:39:58 PM EDT by Dieselman]

The color of ones skin never bothered me. Does it bother you?

Did I say it bothered me? NO! I said I am in a State which belongs to a Union that has declared the official language to be English, yet most of the people I encountered there, could not speak this language! Damn, people are sensitive in this day and age! Hence it seemed more like being in a country that has declared it's official language to be something other than English. Politically Correct enough now?
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 4:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 4:43:00 PM EDT by chuckhammer]

Originally Posted By raven:
Going to Hawaii helps me sympathize with black people. It's an incredibly unfriendly and hostile place if you're white. Fucking lifeguards telling you to get off the beach because you're not a local. Peple warning you not to go to the Kohala Peinsula because you're white. What the fuck?

A co-worker of mine went to high school for a couple years in Hawaii. His comments echo your own.

The racist term for a caucasian there is "howlie" or some such silliness.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 5:24:12 PM EDT

I guess if you’re afraid of your own shadow? I’m so white I’m near transparent and go wherever I want. Then again, I don’t walk around acting like an asshole.

18 years never been told to leave a beach or the projects (state housing) where I work. I work in places that that I guess some of you would be afraid to go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 5:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 5:48:39 PM EDT by StriplingWarrior]

Did I say it bothered me? NO! I said I am in a State which belongs to a Union that has declared the official language to be English, yet most of the people I encountered there, could not speak this language! Damn, people are sensitive in this day and age! Hence it seemed more like being in a country that has declared it's official language to be something other than English. Politically Correct enough now?

Actually, there are two official languages under our State Constitution.

English and Hawaiian

BTW – I was in Tucson, AZ about a month ago and found it hard to understand all the Spanish being spoken. I guess we are not the only state with that problem.

Link Posted: 2/19/2005 5:51:15 PM EDT

February in Hawaii = Nice!

Link Posted: 2/19/2005 6:01:11 PM EDT

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/Dsc01952.jpg

February in Hawaii = Nice!

Almost moved there for school . . . no way could I have afforded it. They wanted $16,000 a year for tuition, $12,500 for rent and were only willing to offer a TA position that paid about $10,000. When asked where I could make up the other $8,500 I was told to apply for financial aid _after_ I arrived.

But it looked good . . .
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 6:20:02 PM EDT

"Haole" is NOT a racist term- just means "foreigner"
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 6:30:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By falconfire:

OK
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 8:50:28 PM EDT
"gook" means "person" in Korean........
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 8:59:30 PM EDT
Native Hawaiins are some of the friendliest people on the planet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 9:00:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By falconfire:

and they call fellow Americans this there?
Link Posted: 2/19/2005 10:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2005 10:14:52 PM EDT by Ragnaroc]

+1 Getting spit at by large groups of fucktards who don't have a ball among them if they aren't in a group. Many other things I won't list.
I am a large person and have been in more scraps than most and I am not afraid of a confrontation if I am not outnumbered 20 to 1.
After a couple of trips there, I automatically treat Hawaiian's like shit when they move here. I look for reason's to fuck with them. And I tell them why.
Immature, I know, but fuck them.

Edited to add: I was always respectful and not looking for trouble in any way, the natives I met there were just prejudiced assholes.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top