Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 3:17:48 PM EDT
[img]www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/m629vc5.jpg[/img]

[b]Model 629 V-Comp 5"[/b]

The dark side is calling me. I am losing strength.

Someone convince me it's a POS.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very nice,a pal has a regular one(629)-not a preformance center model and its a real beauty!I think its a 629,might be a 625,but it looks 'exactaly' like that w/o the comp.They had them in.357+.45.I've seen both @ 500ish used fun show priced.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You're no POS, and thats a good looking gun.  But these guys kicked us in the n*ts and are yet to admit any wrongdoing. Collaborated w/ the Leftists in an underhanded attempt to impair your God-given and Constitutionally-recognized rights.  I'm ready to forgive and forget, but only after they admit their grave error and plead for mercy.  They aren't going to do that, so they can go bankrupt and rot in Hell, along with anyone else who wants to make me a subject of The State.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What did they do? Try and get semiautomatics outlawed and corner a revolver market?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I won't buy from them either. They really caved that year; I couldn't believe it. When it comes to buying roskos I stick with Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not just get one of these?  The price is competitive and the trigger can be tricked out with some Wolff springs.  Moreover, Taurus is DEFINITELy on our side!

[img]http://www.taurususa.com/pix/m444.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Screw S&W....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You're no POS, and thats a good looking gun.  But these guys kicked us in the n*ts and are yet to admit any wrongdoing. Collaborated w/ the Leftists in an underhanded attempt to impair your God-given and Constitutionally-recognized rights.  I'm ready to forgive and forget, but only after they admit their grave error and plead for mercy.  They aren't going to do that, so they can go bankrupt and rot in Hell, along with anyone else who wants to make me a subject of The State.
View Quote

See S&W President interview in august issue of Shooting Times. It may not be enough for some, but I accept it.  
I will look for an online reference.

SSD

S&W President interview,
[url]www.smith-wesson.com/misc/pdf/BobScottInt.pdf[/url] Right click do a 'save as' (this is from the magazine, Shooting Times has no online source, duh they have to have something to sale.)

Gunmaker, Hub drop control deal.
[url]www.smith-wesson.com/misc/dealdrop.html[/url]

S&W newspage
[url]www.smith-wesson.com/news.html[/url]

UNION-NEWS, Masslive.com
No longer under the gun.
[url]www.masslive.com/business/unionnews/index.ssf?/business/pstories/biz512sn.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
if you like it, want it - then get it.
too fugugly looking for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I won't buy from them either. They really caved that year; I couldn't believe it. When it comes to buying roskos I stick with Ruger.
View Quote

Bill Ruger testified before a Senate Committee that there is no reason any one needs more than 10 round magazines.

Ruger is no friend of the 2nd either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]www.smith-wesson.com/sport/images/performance/M629STEAfull.jpg[/img]

[b]Model 629 - 7.5" Stealth Hunter .44 Magnum/S&W Special[/b]

Also looking at this guy, but to me it's a little fugly.

I don't know, I kinda like the looks of the 629 V-Comp. I don't own a revolver so they're on my list.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The article in masslive.com gives a good explanation of why the new owners did things the way they did, which was low key. The issue was not the HUD case, but the Boston case. The way S&W handled it, the City of Boston was able to save face, which we all know is very important. They were able to say we made a difference and impacted the gun industry. Had S&W got in their face, it's likely the City of Boston would have continued with this BS.

Anyway, that's enough for me. I'm willing to give them a chance and support the new management as best I can. But it they screw with us again, I will never support them again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#18]
The_Beer_Slayer, what I got out of that article was, the British got sent home without their ball.
S&W is now an American Company. The British influence is the only reason I am giving them a second chance.
Unfortunately legal documents have been signed (by British interest); so far I think the new management have handled them well. So far.

SSD
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The question you have to ask yourself is:

Are these handguns on the "PRK 'Not-Unsafe'" list?

-Troy
View Quote

My assumption is this is a 629-6 with some customization. I am going to ask my FFL this week. In any case, I can't buy another handgun until late August as my one-a-month quota is already used up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#20]
What does Smith and Wesson have to say publicly on the matter?

"The Agreement is not currently being enforced. Have a nice day."

I'll buy one a month for three months running when they have killed the deal. Hell, I'd buy one tomorrow if they announced they were going to take it to court.

They don't get squat for "Have a nice day".    
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
let me help.  Not for sale in CA..
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
let me help.  Not for sale in CA..
View Quote

It's not on the list by model name, but the basic model is on the list. Worst case is I buy a 629-6 and send it off to the performance center for customization and tuning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top