Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:32:13 PM EDT
Here's a shiny new AWB countdown timer that, unlike the previous one on awbansunset.com, displays the correct time remaining until expiration REGARDLESS of your time zone and/or how your computer's clock is set.

www.awbansunset.com/AWBcountdown.swf

Going directly to the .swf file like this will make the countdown scale to fit the entire browser window, making a nice big display that you can have on your computer screen to count down the final minutes of the AWB.

One request... if you wish to put this clock on your own webpage, e-mail me ([email protected]) and I'll send you the full code for embedding (which will limit it to a more reasonable size, as seen on www.awbansunset.com, and will also pull the file from a different server, easing the bandwidth hit).

--Mike

Edit: this is not the same as the "3 weeks" graphic seen below... it's an actual second by second countdown to E-Day.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to thank you and everyone else who helps with the site for keeping all us gun owners up to date on legeslative information and all other things pertaining to the AWB. It makes it much easier for us to know whats coming, and hopefully, what's ending.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Any way us dial up guys can put it in our clock area in the computer memory somehow?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would like to thank you and everyone else who helps with the site for keeping all us gun owners up to date on legeslative information and all other things pertaining to the AWB. It makes it much easier for us to know whats coming, and hopefully, what's ending.

Thanks again.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

--Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any way us dial up guys can put it in our clock area in the computer memory somehow?

Hmmmm... well you can download it to your hard drive, but it will no longer work.  It needs to remain on the server, because a small php script on the server is what it bases its starting point for the time remaining calculations.

However, once it loads, you should be able to leave it open in your browser after you disconnect... it only pulls the time from the server that one time, and counts down independently from there.

--Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
\/
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump for the day shift.

--Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Want to hear some crappy news?  I was going to take the day off when the AWB expires to do some shooting, but now I have Federal Jury Duty starting that day.  Just my luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Want to hear some crappy news?  I was going to take the day off when the AWB expires to do some shooting, but now I have Federal Jury Duty starting that day.  Just my luck.

Want out of that jury duty?

Tell them that you believe in Jury Nullification and you'll be out the door at WARP SPEED!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tell them you are disappointed to be there on that day ans tell them exactly why, they will be more than happy to not put you on a jury for a major crime.

Hehe... "your honor, I can't serve on this jury because I'll be very anxious to experience this 'more thrust per squeeze' thing I've been hearing about with my newly minted 'assault weapon' the day the ban expires."

It would probably work, and it wouldn't be a lie.

--Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks,  the weekly update is exciting to watch
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
<-----more thrust per squeeze
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top