Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 7:44:59 PM EDT
The link http://www.petitiononline.com/JZ12550/petition.html and the actual text below:

To:  Outdoor Life Magazine et al Related Organizations

We the undersigned understand that Jim Zumbo (World Famous Outdoor Life Magazine Hunting Editor) has recently made some unpopular statements in his Outdoor life Blog that has created a firestorm among hunters and gun-owners. Many nameless bloggers have hung him out to dry and have called for his vilification and firing -- while others have written emails of compassion and agree with Jim Zumbo's Blog statements.

This petition asks that Jim Zumbo be given a second chance by Outdoor Life Magazine and the other entities who've recently fired him. Many others before Jim Zumbo have done far more damage to hunters and gun-owners and weren't even challenged.

This action can be a win/win proposal for all concerned parties. Let's put this bump in the road behind us, learn by this fiasco and work together for better communications and effective, working hunter/gun-owner coalitions and 2nd Amendment protections.

"Forgiveness is the fragrance of the violet that still clings fast to the heel that crushed it."

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

View Current Signatures

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Haven't seen it.

2. Fuck him.

3. See response # 2.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

www.petitiononline.com/USMC4age/petition.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
So maybe one should be started demanding his being fired.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
1. Haven't seen it.

2. Fuck him.

3. See response # 2.

+1

And this attempt will be like pissing on a forest fire. Zumbo has entered the interweb lexicon and will be around a long time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Sig whore!!

I signed that a long time ago
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Sig whore!!

heheheh thanks again....hey bro...someone stole your username, a DU troll and he has ben posting on the Washington Post Blog as TATERSALAD!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
If you click on <undersigned>, you see:

We endorse the Forgive Jim Zumbo and give him a 2nd Chance Petition to Outdoor Life Magazine et al Related Organizations.

Read the Forgive Jim Zumbo and give him a 2nd Chance Petition

Name Comments City State Country

4 Total Signatures

Only four signatures.  hahahahahaha!

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

We endorse the Forgive Jim Zumbo and give him a 2nd Chance Petition to Outdoor Life Magazine et al Related Organizations.

4 Total Signatures

hahahahahaha!

Yeah and two of them are Elmer Fudd and Sarah Brady.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I just noticed that too.  I wonder if those signatures represent his family members.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

4 Total Signatures

Only four signatures.  hahahahahaha!

3 of whom are family and one who came across his petition by accident.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck him
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Sig whore!!

heheheh thanks again....hey bro...someone stole your username, a DU troll and he has ben posting on the Washington Post Blog as TATERSALAD!!!!

WTF!! Oh hell no
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Done, Bro!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually would not be against him coming back.  I was one of the ones calling for his ouster but Jim could actually turn out to be a powerful ally.

Think of someone of his name recognition who had learned about the black rifles and truly could testify about how popular these weapons are now.  Imagine someone who could go before congress and say hey, don't write these people or these groups off,  they will have your damn jobs.

He could be an ally.  I believe he truly is ignorant of the popularity of them.   My dad is, or was one of the Fudds.   He's very similar to zumbo.  he always asks why I buy such ugly guns and why I need a gun like that to hunt.  He's slowly come around and now shoots my black rifles with me and frequently donates money to the NRA above his life membership and extra magazine dues.

Zumbo has probably learned his lesson.  I will watch him in the weeks to come and see where he goes with it.  If he really buys a black rifle and takes it on a hunt,  I would not be opposed to seeing him back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You reap what you sow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
You know...here is a guy who spent his whole life supporting the gun culture.  You'd think he'd have more sense than to call all of us terrorists.  I got no sympathy for the man.

Shane
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Sig whore!!

WTF!! Oh hell no

Yep...a guy named TATERSALAD went on the WP Blog and posted that ARF is where the people were coming from.

No kidding..... it was a guy named tatersalad.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe he can get a job as a fundraiser for the democrats cause he sure as hell ain't making any more money from the firearms industry!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a sacrificial goat and his name is Zumbo.  Wrong place, wrong time.  Just like all historical figures.  Don't you think that every name in history wondered, "why me"?

If making a stand for the 2008 election and political climate to be pro 2nd amendment took the sacrificing of my pathetic career, I would gladly climb the gallows stairs.  This is America, for gods sake! The worst that could ever come of scandal is a movie contract or a book release.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I might have posted there...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I was one of Zumbo's harshest critics in the days after his incredibly imbecility.

I'm having a change of heart.  His last message was truly repentant.  Maybe I'm a sucker, but I believe in second chances.  But he needs to atone before forgiveness can come.  If he comes back and becomes a champion for the 2nd and the RTKBA, then I'll forgive him and welcome him back.

Maybe he can get the other Fudds to see the light.  Unlikely I admit, but hope springs eternal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Sig whore!!

WTF!! Oh hell no

Yep...a guy named TATERSALAD went on the WP Blog and posted that ARF is where the people were coming from.

No kidding..... it was a guy named tatersalad.....

it was quite odd, we thought you turned on us, you fuckin traitor, "DIE DIE DIE"

lawl j/k
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I was one of Zumbo's harshest critics in the days after his incredibly imbecility.

I'm having a change of heart.  His last message was truly repentant.  Maybe I'm a sucker, but I believe in second chances.  But he needs to atone before forgiveness can come.  If he comes back and becomes a champion for the 2nd and the RTKBA, then I'll forgive him and welcome him back.

Maybe he can get the other Fudds to see the light.  Unlikely I admit, but hope springs eternal.

I don't recall him saying "I'm sorry I called AR and AK gun owners terrorists."  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If he truly shows a change of heart / enlightenment on both EBR's and the 2A, I'll reconsider. Until then, all I'll suspect is that he's been living an awesome existence - getting paid to hunt and shoot - and now the gravy train has jerked to a halt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Do you feel the same way towards the Dixie Chicks?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#26]
OMG LOOK AT ALL THE POSITIVE PEOPLE SIGNING THE PETITION!!

everyone of them is positive!

I think ill post up as nancy pelosi next.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I actually would not be against him coming back.  I was one of the ones calling for his ouster but Jim could actually turn out to be a powerful ally.

Think of someone of his name recognition who had learned about the black rifles and truly could testify about how popular these weapons are now.  Imagine someone who could go before congress and say hey, don't write these people or these groups off,  they will have your damn jobs.

He could be an ally.  I believe he truly is ignorant of the popularity of them.   My dad is, or was one of the Fudds.   He's very similar to zumbo.  he always asks why I buy such ugly guns and why I need a gun like that to hunt.  He's slowly come around and now shoots my black rifles with me and frequently donates money to the NRA above his life membership and extra magazine dues.

Zumbo has probably learned his lesson.  I will watch him in the weeks to come and see where he goes with it.  If he really buys a black rifle and takes it on a hunt,  I would not be opposed to seeing him back.

The only lesson Zumbo learned from this is that his enemy is much stronger than he thought.  He wasn't just ignorant of black rifles he called for an outright ban of them in the hunting arena.  That's not ignorance, it's choosing a side and lobbing an attack over to the other side.  Before his blog became well known Mr. Zumbo would have thrown us all to the lions if he thought for a minute it could have saved his passion and livelihood from being attacked by the politicians in Washington and he did it maliciously and with forethought.  Let's just say that you would not like to be in a lifeboat with Mr. Zumbo.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Signed. Fit, qualified, whats the problem?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do you feel the same way towards the Dixie Chicks?

If the DC's had returned to American soil and made an apology, many folks might have. Instead, they continued their overseas tour, then came back and continued to slam W. After they started getting dropped by the Country music outlets, and about "censorship", the libs tooks them over to the "Adult contemporary" stations so they still get airplay and royalties, and Natalie can continue her rants unabated.

At least Zumbo made his comments here to his home audience, instead of while abroad. I'll give him that much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Tell him to go Army instead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck him.

Sign this instead...

Tell him to go Army instead.

The USAREC docs wont sign off on the hearing waiver.
They suck, wont even look at 3 consults.
I have the hearing waiver from Navy docs and am good medically, for the Corps.
Age is the only hiccup.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top