Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
We were about 14 and we had one of the older brother of my buddy build us a potato gun.  So we are messing with it and some of our female classmates come by.  Trying to show off we load the gun and we try to get a lot distance.  But it misfired. So we try to figure out whats going on and we hit the ignitor again.  It goes off this time but its pointed in the wrong direction.  The potato makes a nice arc and smashes through my buddies skylight.  It continues and smashes itself against the fireplace in his living room.  

The girls and I haul ass out of there.  Then I felt bad and came back.  He was getting a royal beating by the time I got there.   His parents never said anything to me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
When a buddy found his dad's old reloading gun powder and began lighting trails of it on the side walk. Then we get the bright idea to fill one of our empty beer bottles with it and to drop a match in it. He fills it about an inch and we somehow just expect it to shoot out the top.

He lights it in his front yard and the thing explodes in his face, glass flies everywhere, leaving a crater in the yard. He then realizes that a piece of glass just busted his mom's driver side window. Not just busted, but cracked every single inch of it. He's hit everywhere and is bleeding from 20 different cuts. Luckily they aren't too bad but he spends the next day digging glass out of his skin.

We spend the next hour picking up glass, getting blood out of the carpet and trying to get the window out with no success.

Luckily the parents were out of town. The next day he's driving it on the highway and the window is sucked out of the car and that's the last we saw of it. He also mowed the lawn as low as possible to hide the foot long crater.

It was the biggest boom I've ever witnessed and was definately a hold my beer moment.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
We shot a propane tank and had it come flying back at us...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Usually involved me getting naked and me getting into a pool or hot tub.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was 5 I shot a bathroom heatlamp with a squirt gun... while in the bathtub.

At age 10, I blacked out the whole block with a pellet gun.

At 12 or so, I fish hooked my father out of a canoe and into a river. (I just snagged his life jacket)

That’s about all I care to own up to.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...also involving a potato gun. It was just built, never loaded, and for some stupid ass reason we weren't sure if the grill lighter we were using was working.
So
Instead of unscrewing the tail cap and sparking it, buddy looks down the barrel and tells me to hit it.
Low and behold, the fumes from the pipe glue he used to make it ignited, blew him on his ass and burned off both eyebrows, plus gave him instense pain for a couple days while the outer layer of his eye peeled off like a sunburn.
Did I mention this was on a city street at 1 in the morning?
So yeah, that was quite the "HEY BUDDY HOLD MY BEER" moment on both our parts...his because he looked down the barrel and told me to hit it..and me because I didn't even think about it and did hit it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a really bad one..............

When I was 12, I had a shotgun shell that was in the chamber and the extractor didn't do it's job.  Not to mention that a young mind that had no common sense to actually look in the chamber.

Anyways, my mothers dog was sitting on the back rest of the couch and the couch was in front of the living room window.  

Dumb 12 y/o + broke shotgun + taughting dog on couch = no dog/no window/royal ass kicking of a lifetime from my oldman.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
300 Winchester Mag.

Large can Bushs baked beans.

15 feet.

OUCH!!!

Baked Bean frickin' hurt doing 90 MPH.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Potato gun story here...

Friends came over on a 4 wheeler after being stuck at home for 3 days during the blizzard of '96.

They ran out of potatos, and I was closest at 8 miles away.

Launched a few into the trees, and one of my buddies flooded the potato gun.

He tried to get the fluid out, shakes it a few times flicking the ignitor, looks into the open chamber and flicks the ignitor...

<WHOOF!>

3 feet of flame took off his eyebrow, half his goatee, half his mustache, and his hair was smoking, all on only one side of his face.

Also fused his eyelashes together...

He kinda staggered back a little, smoking coming off his head like an extinguished candle.

We were freaked out, "oh shit are you okay?!" but once we figured out he was in one piece, we laughed our asses off at him.

My mom took him to the bathroom for better light and proceeded to try to pry his eye open with tweezers (I guess trying to seperate the eyelashes) for the next 20 minutes.

I'd walk in there to check on him, trying like hell to be serious cause I was a little worried he'd fucked himself up and we're 30 miles from a hospital on impassable roads...

...but every time I looked at him I just lost my shit laughing til I couldn't breathe...

Still the best laugh of my life, the dumbass...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Had someone break a flourescent light-tube over my back a few weeks ago.  Not a pleasent feeling
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Friend and I were messing around with my dads black powder and i poured about a foot long line of it on a cinder block and told him to light it. I said "no it burns slow dont worry about it just light it".

So he lights it with one of those long lighters and it goes WOOF! it was huge especially at 10 at night during winter, I hope one of the neighbors saw it, it was beautiful.

Anyways I scream FUCK because the fire is so big it blinds me and my friends screaming "IM BLINNNDDdddUh! I was laughing my ass off. It burned the hair off his hands and part of his arm, but that was all the damage it did

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#11]
around 15 years old we took some 22 rounds and stuck them in the ground and decided to shoot them with the red ryder bb gun. Not the easiest thing to do but eventually i managed to hit it and i remember seeing the case flying back towards me and "o shit" going through my mind. Hit me square between the eyes!

Anything flamable was good stuff. thrust engine cleaner was like a flame thrower spitting out a flame 15 feet. Lighter fluid on the bicycle wheels, on our hands, writting on the ground and then lighting it.

getting a good fire going and jumping through it on bicycles.

Just the general fun stuff a kid does!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
BB gun fights. No glasses, just us dumbass kids shooting at each other from behind cover with bb guns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#13]
We were in the seventh grade, I had just gotten back from Mexico. We were in school, and I had the great idea to blow up a street cone with an M80 (A quarter stick of dynamite, with a strange yellow fuse). So, Dominic (The only black kid at our school) and I go to blow the shit out of it behind school between class periods. He holds it, I light it. We expected the fuse to be slow burning. I lit it, and it was ONE FAST FUCKING FUSE!. Dominic drops it, goes to pick it up. I slap his hand and we run.. as I hear a huge pop, and feel the heat around my feet. We ran to class, 2 minutes late.

The jamitor comes in, and asks, "I need to see a Hyland boy and a black kid.."

Dominic stands up, turns around, and just shouts, "Oh hell no!" They almost blamed it on my twin, but it didn't stand.

I convinced the school that I had dropped a bag of pop pops and they blew, due to inpact sensativity, and I went back to class.

If that qualifies, I don't know. Funny though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Super Soaker + Coleman lantern fuel = Flamethrower
It was working good until the tank blew up.

Bow & Arrow with oil soaked rags on fire.  Let the arrow rip, it shot the rag didn't, it landed on my foot while wearing flip-flops.

Threw a small propane tank in a big bonfire and hid behind some R/R cross ties.  
The safety valve shot flames for a good 20 seconds and then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!  
The blast blew out the whole fire and the tank flew like 200 yards straight up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
first time parasailing.  i was all strapped in and ready to go.  we would do a running start from land to get going.  well i started running early and got some slack in the rope.  when the slack finally got taken out by the boat it jerked me off my feet, dragged me across the ground, and i hit my chin on the edge of the dock.  got a nasty gash and had blood running down my chin all down my chest.  pretty gruesome, but probably could have been much worse. still have the scar to this day
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
don't forget these guys!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
As a young yute', I tried to light a moderate sized pile of black powder with a match.

IIRC, about 1/4 pound of that stuff went up in my face.
I really thought I could move out of the way.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
At about 16 I think,  we took my dads air chuck somehow screwed a long piece of hard copper tube on it.  Then proceeded to fill the tube with high octane gas.  My buddy held the lighter and I hit the trigger on the air chuck.  Bueatiful flame thrower,  proceeded by "HOLY SHIT MY DADS GARAGE IS FIRE!"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#19]
When I was about 11, a friend and I were playing with a bow and arrows. We got bored and came up with a new game. We got a chicken box lid (a sturdy waxed box lid about 12" x 24"??) and attached a target to the middle of the inside of the box lid. Then we took turns. One person shot an arrow straght up as high he could and ran out of the way.  The other person (idiot) ran under the decending arrow holding the box lid out so that the arrow went through the target as close to the center as possile to get a high score.

We were doing good and I think I was ahead on points when I took an arrow in the arm. It was just a tin field point and didn't even go in half the depth of the point but we decided the game probably wasn't  a good idea and quit.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, cost me 2 tires, two rims, a rack & pinion steering system, many misc suspension parts, and a passenger side window (all for my dad's 3 year old Toytoa Supra)...  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I was actually the driver (driving) and it was them asking me to hold them (and the beer in their gut)

Visiting Georgia Tech (high school senior at the time) and I go hang out at one of the fraternities.  I never was a drinker but I was just hanging with them.

Late that night "Lets go to XYZ party!!"

Dan?!  You're driving cuz wwwweeeerreee hammereeeeeddd!

Ok, sure, why not

Party was cool and on the way back car-owner-buddy says "Don't slow down for the light at all" (green light and I'm about to cross the intersection only doing about 35).  Car owner smiles real big.

Well ... it became a Dukes of Hazzard moment!  Turns out there was a big dip at what is basically the crosswalk ... I've felt the car dip down and then ...

we were in the air for about 1.5 seconds (seemed like forever ) and when we came down it was just a big ...

WHAMMM!

dash lights go out, one of the headlights goes out, people on the sidewalk are looking over and everyone is laughing their butts off (remember I'm the only sober one).

That was the last stoplight before turning into the parking lot.  I parked the car, handed over the keys and they were like "That was great!"

Never saw them again
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#22]
4th of July.

You know those mini-mortars that you're SUPPOSED to put one in at a time?

Well, don't fill the entire tube with them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes at about 19
Buddy has a old brick of black cat firecrackers
We had a toilet paper tube, some shilac, a small square of plywood and some epoxy glue.
I coated the tube with the shilac and epoxied it to the plywood
We unrolled the firecrackers and poured it into the tube packing it very tight as we went.
capped that sucker off with more epoxy.
We waited untill the 4th of July night and Yes we had scored some beer. I got picked to light it, here hold my beer.
Now blowing shit up is a real guy thing, and I grew up around dynamite and how to use it, but when that fuse went I got scared and ran, which was a good thing.
Firecrackers use a fast burning powder that is made to explode imagine a toilet paper tube full packed tight and incased in a hard shell.
The blast knocked me to the ground, broke two windows on my buddies G/F's house and put a three foot crater in the ground, not to mention my ears from the sound.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
not me i was riding a friends dirt bike he was drinking told me to put some gas in it which i did i got back he didn't believe that i put gas in it opened the tank and LOOKED IN IT WITH A LIGHTER bike burned to the ground
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for priceless stupidity
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Rock fights at age 8. Against guys who were 12-14

19: Filled an old WWII grenade shell with smokeless, screwed in the top with a fuse in it. Good thing I was hiding behind a big tree. It would have killed me.

19: (see a pattern?) drunk at a college party, horseplay. Jumping, spinning, leaping about while heavily intoxicated. Snapped my lower right leg in two places. 25 years later it still swings in a funny direction when I walk.

Stupid, stupid things. If my 19 year old son does 10% of what I did, I'd be scared for his life.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Having the chance to work on a farm in IN, I leaned the joys of dynamite.  Had to remove a stump inthe middle of the field, stuck one stick under a root, ran like hell, and heard it blow.  Come back the stump is still there, but a hole that's big enough to fit the rest of the case in there.  Needless to say the dirt geyser was something to behold.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got another one, not me but a friend.

Anyone see a problem here?
Also notice the Bad Example shit

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top