Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2005 5:09:40 AM EDT
I give a portion of each paycheck.  It's called Federal Income Tax.  So, no, I have not given a voluntary donation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell no!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
HELL NO

I am not giving a damn dime. Why should I fund some rat hole muslim countries that we will have to go level sometime in the near future in the War on Terror. Then you have to factor in that all of our entry level manufacturing jobs are going to Indonesia, Sri Lanaka and the like. And now they are out sourcing technical professionals such as Engineers and Programmers to India.

So I am not going to give money because.

1. My government is already taking some from me by force.

2. I refuse to rebuild countries that despise us and that we will eventually go to war with.

3. I refuse to fund countries that are taking our jobs.

4. And even at best giving money encoureges those innocent souls to rebuild in the same dangerous shitty areas so when another ocean disaster hits it will be the same old shit.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck That!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HELL NO

I am not giving a damn dime. Why should I fund some rat hole muslim countries that we will have to go level sometime in the near future in the War on Terror. Then you have to factor in that all of our entry level manufacturing jobs are going to Indonesia, Sri Lanaka and the like. And now they are out sourcing technical professionals such as Engineers and Programmers to India.

2. I refuse to rebuild countries that despise us and that we will eventually go to war with.

4. And even at best giving money encoureges those innocent souls to rebuild in the same dangerous shitty areas so when another ocean disaster hits it will be the same old shit.

+1 they are own their own hook, if Cali had the same happen, ask yourself, would any Muslim nation help us, or any other country besides Britain for that matter?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#6]
FUCK NO I WILL NOT!

We're talking about a people who are taking orphans and selling them into sexual slavery. That's the level of social development they are at. It's not my job to take care of them. They wouldn't take care of me if it were flipped and I was the victim. They would be looking to rape our children.

NO NO NO NO NO HELL NO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#7]
they wouldn't help us
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#8]
No, as a college student who will need $500+ in books in less than 2 weeks, I do not have the money.  Accordingly, i have NOT bitched about the size of the united states governments relief efforts.  You can't bitch about that unless you've already donated your tax refund, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#9]
1) They wouldnt help us, in fact DIDNT help us with the whole hurricane ordeal
2) It was preventable if the governments had installed a tsunami wanring system. I wont pay for another countries lazy dumbass government
3) They get well and enough of our money from our own government and our jobs they are stealing
4) Hows that saying go? Allah Ackbar? Indeed, for once I would agree.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
So sad, what a catastrophe. I have contributed to the Buddhist relief fund here in Taipei.

The relief collection workers here are out in full force and are soliciting lots of contributions from caring ROC citizens. They are on every street corner, every subway entrance collecting for the disaffected.

I would imagine back home (in the states), many are giving generous gifts with their hearts as well. (present company who have politicized the relief effort and refused to donate are politely excused from the rest of the world who see this as a genuine disaster. )

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I concur

Quoted:
HELL NO

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I choose to work, so, I pay taxes...In a way, I suppose you could say yes.  I feel so good about myself.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#13]
The picture of the guy wearing the Oshama tee shirt settled any doubts I may have had.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#14]
This is what did it for me as well.

Quoted:
The picture of the guy wearing the Oshama tee shirt settled any doubts I may have had.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#15]
NO
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Where were these turds during ANY disaster the US has gone through?

Fuck each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I choose to work, so, I pay taxes...In a way, I suppose you could say yes.  I feel so good about myself.

This is why I included the "voluntary" qualifier.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I would imagine back home (in the states), many are giving generous gifts with their hearts as well. (present company who have politicized the relief effort and refused to donate are politely excused from the rest of the world who see this as a genuine disaster. )

You would be correct.  I heard on the news that charities who normally get about $60,000 each month were getting $100,000 per hour.  Private donations by US citizens.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yes of course, it's the right thing to do. I gave money going to Thailand.

I agree that helping victims of such disasters is noble, but the fact that the U.S. government is giving HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of tax-payer dollars to them sours me on voluntarily giving.

Edit to correct BILLIONS to HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I gave.

just curious, I keep hearing "how much have they sent the US"?

how many time have we "asked" for help for this country during a natural disaster? ZERO

as far as I recall, we've never needed their help, and now you cry about helping in a time of need when asked.

you people suck.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that helping victims of such disasters is noble, but the fact that the U.S. government is giving BILLIONS of tax-payer dollars to them sours me on voluntarily giving.

billions?? care to show a link. $350 million was the last I head???

thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Not a thin Dime....

If the same thing happened on our coast, they'd be dancing in the streets, as they did on 9/11!!

We are already bleeding ourselves to death for the world, both financially, AND literally!!!

(AND, it AIN'T worth it!!)

I wouldn't give 'em the sweat off my balls.............
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#27]
No.  The little money I had left this past month went to the little girl with no bones in her face and to Adopt-A-Sniper.

I feel for those folks, but our military folks need all the help we can give (which is a sad statement of where our government's priorities are).

EAM  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that helping victims of such disasters is noble, but the fact that the U.S. government is giving BILLIONS of tax-payer dollars to them sours me on voluntarily giving.

thanks
Chris

Errr, I stand corrected, sorry.  It's only $350M.  So far.  My mistake.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks
Chris

that a huge descrepency to make "your"point man. that's a long long way from billionS

how many times has this country asked for help with a natural disaster?

hard to complain about them not helping when it's never been wanted or needed by us from them.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Didnt give anything....because i honestly believe that the world isnt the USA's responsibility.
Nothing wrong with donating to those in need, I certainly woudnt bash anyone that did...but I might ask why they arent putting that money to help Americans that need the help first. There are plenty of worthy charities right here in America..for Americans that could use some help.

I have nothing against any of the people that were affected, i just dont think its my job to play saviour...thats Jesus's thing.

Also...this is going to sound really bad....but I really think it applies....why do Americans think that we can just throw money at a problem to solve it? What exactly will all these donations be used for? The people in these regions need natural resources....fuel, water, wood......they need concrete services, construction equipment, shelter, meals.....if I give a homeless guy in the NYC some cash, he can walk into the nearest deli and get a sandwich or some beer......if I give a family in Florida a donation after a hurricane, they can drive to the home depot in the next town and MAYBE find some wood if there is any still left.........

What will a Sri Lankan do with cash..standing in the middle of a desimated field of mud and destruction? The nearest place to buy anything is in other countries....yeah, I know that the governements can take that money and engage in trade to get what they need to rebuild...do you really think that that is what will happen? Does anyone honestly beleive that the money they sent will be even used to help these people?

I hope im wrong, and I hope that those that did donate will see that money go to help those that deserve help.....sadly, i doubt it will.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks
Chris

It doesn't matter what the number is, it is unconstitutional.  If you want to send aid money, that's great.  But forcing others to give too (TAX MONEY) is immoral.    

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter what the number is, it is unconstitutional.  If you want to send aid money, that's great.  But forcing others to give too (TAX MONEY) is immoral.    

Ding!  Give that man a cigar!  He nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that a huge descrepency to make "your"point man. that's a long long way from billionS

hard to complain about them not helping when it's never been wanted or needed by us from them.

Aircraft carriers, aircraft and troops
are free? Wow. Didn't know that.

The 350M is direct aid. We will be
providing WAY more than that in
indirect aid.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Again, all the bitchin. care to answer the question?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

None that I can think of. Maybe
some indirect aid of aircraft, etc
in a pinch.

Then again, I donated for the
kids. It is not their fault that
their parents are terrorist symps.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Hearts & Minds anyone?

We gave to the American Red Cross but no way would I give to any United Nations charities.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in a pinch.

so then there really is no argument as to why they haven't helped us duing a disaster. is there? bucket full of holes in that argument it seems.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in a pinch.

so then there really is no argument as to why they haven't helped us duing a disaster. is there? bucket full of holes in that argument it seems.

Chris

Why should we have to ask for help. Ever herd of the concept "it's the thought that counts". They never even offer. We shouldn't have to ask.

And most important is the fact that those countires are hot beds of islamofacism and are where the manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too.

Why should I rebuild there towns just to have to distroy them later rooting out the islamofacists?

Why should I support countires where manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too?

And if the population of the world is growing so fast there is a threat of overpopulation why should I stop nature from taking it's course?

Why should I aid India, a country where technical professional jobs are being outsourced too?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#40]
This kind of crap gets me going!  Why do people think that by making a bigger donation than the next guy you are better than they are?  Those Fu#$ing europeans could toss a few billion at the problem and then what?  They would look down their noses at us and say what have you given.  And for some reason we are too afraid of being shunned by the world community that we don't say "Well other than what our private citizens have given and the cost of a carrier groupwe have been provinding fresh water and food and medical care from that carrier group we sent so go F your selves!"  The Blue hats and Kofi stand around scratching their heads saying 'well where can this money go?'  While we are actually doing something.

Re building will be cheap comparitively.  No you can't replace a human life but if you spread the cash around a little...  The CIA World Factbook says that indonisia alone has 238,452,952  people.  if you just use what cash the US will give and give $1 million to the each person and the rest to the government...  

Sorry for the rant and I do realise the money will be split up but...  well I don't get riled often, but I'm getting tired of our country being looked down upon.  Rant over...thought process returning to (ab)normal...  Appology Given.

jim
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I was always taught that charity starts at home. As such, if I've got extra money that I intend to give away, I'd rather contribute that money to the family of a veteran KIA in Iraq/A-Stan. Or, I'd like to use it to get a homeless vet off the street.

There's lots of needs in the world. But unfortunately, many people in need don't have the luxuary of getting worldwide free publicity. In fact, some never get a mention.

I feel bad for those victims effected by the tsunami and wish them well. But again, my priority is helping my own people and my own nation first.

-CH
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#42]
No, The goberment is doing more than I cared for.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Hell no. The guberment is doing it for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Chris

When bad shit happens in the USA -- the farmers
the home owners get low interest loans ----------- not free aid.

Or they get a helping hand -- not free whatever.
Take that 350 million and give free aid to the farmers - home owners here in the USA.

Not a hard concept.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Why should we have to ask for help. Ever herd of the concept "it's the thought that counts". They never even offer. We shouldn't have to ask.  Right, a poor, 3rd world country offering to send monetary aid to the richest country on the planet.  Think.

And most important is the fact that those countires are hot beds of islamofacism and are where the manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too.   So?  You advocate punishing everyone for having terrorists in few places?  They can't afford to fight terror like we can.  They do, however, facilitate us hunting them down.

Why should I rebuild there towns just to have to distroy them later rooting out the islamofacists? Give me a break.  Like we're going to nuke the place or something...how old are you?

Why should I support countires where manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too? Complain to someone else.  Do you think the people, the citizens of those countries all got together and cooked up a plan to steal American jobs?  Do you think the companies who sent those jobs over there had a choice?  You're fishing for excuses to hate.

And if the population of the world is growing so fast there is a threat of overpopulation why should I stop nature from taking it's course? Now just practice that conviction with everything else.  I hope you're not taking a prescribed medication and interrupting nature running it's course...

Why should I aid India, a country where technical professional jobs are being outsourced too? You're right!  Let's bomb Mexico too! Give me a break.

I can't believe I just wasted my time responding to that drivel.  

I think some people here have a hate fetish.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

in a pinch.

Chris

Why should we have to ask for help. Ever herd of the concept "it's the thought that counts". They never even offer. We shouldn't have to ask.

And most important is the fact that those countires are hot beds of islamofacism and are where the manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too.

Why should I rebuild there towns just to have to distroy them later rooting out the islamofacists?

Why should I support countires where manufacturing jobs are being outsourced too?

And if the population of the world is growing so fast there is a threat of overpopulation why should I stop nature from taking it's course?

Why should I aid India, a country where technical professional jobs are being outsourced too?

then quit bitching about how we don't get help from them. it's a falsehood as as far as I can remember back. we never needed anyone elses help.

these people do.

don't want to help personally...fine. but don't be bitching when no one helps the US during a catastrophy.

$13 billion went to florida, hell you and I have rebuilt these peoples houses 10 times in as many years. and will again with no complaints. (from me either) help during a disaster of this magnatude should go above and beyond your hate . we (americans) are better than them....right?

should we not act as such, or has America actually turned into AmeriKa?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#47]
yeah, it's called income tax.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Not hard to figure out who the DU infiltrators are, huh??  Since when is it the responsibility of the US to take care of every third world shithole??  Let the UN do it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

When bad shit happens in the USA -- the farmers
the home owners get low interest loans ----------- not free aid.not true, businesses get low interest loans, the people get fema (fed) checks

Or they get a helping hand -- not free whatever.again. not true
Take that 350 million and give free aid to the farmers - home owners here in the USA.
If they want that?all they need do is apply for it, it's there for their taking.

Not a hard concept.were it true. you'd be correct

a little history:

Had a flood here in va in 1996 cy, of all the people who I knew, not a single one of them got less than $7500 to repair damage. no pay back no low interest loans. a check for cash.

all were told by the fed, we won't cover another flood , you have to get special insurance. $166 a year, no biggie.

6 months or so later, a larger flood rolled in. no help was there,except the red cross handing out cleaning supplies. most were still in the process of rebuilding and were wiped out again.
how many times have we rebuilt florida and paid for them to be whole again? 10-12?

do I complain about them getting the cash?  nope.

how much do we give the farmers every year to lose money on the farm? tons of cash, tons in subsidies and some more shit. what do we get in return? a $5 box of cerial.

just for the record, you didn't answer my question at all.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
HELL NO

Preach it Brother!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top