Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:25 PM EDT
I was riding in my sister's car today to take care of something with her. The local "mix" station is on the radio. During the drive "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers comes on. This was around 8:00.

Fast forward to later today, around noon, same station. Guess what song comes on?

you guessed it..."Mr. Brightside" by The Killers.

So, have you ever ben listening to a station and have the same songs play over and over twice/more times in a day/few days/week?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:57 PM EDT
Happens all the time at my gym.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:43:51 PM EDT
Probably owned by Clear Channel.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:44:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigWorm55:
Happens all the time at my gym.

Noticed that too at the gym as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:44:10 PM EDT
It's a taped run of songs so the DJ can bang the secretary without having to pull out and change a CD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:44:13 PM EDT
I remember the week when one of the DJ's at a local rock station (now gone ) found out that "Sweet Home Alabama" was available on their playlist.

Minimum of 4 times a day, 5 days a week for about two weeks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 4:52:39 PM EDT by deej86]

Originally Posted By Seneca-Cayuga:
Probably owned by Clear Channel.

IIRC It's owned by Bonneville, which owns other stations in my area.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:46:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
It's a taped run of songs so the DJ can bang the secretary without having to pull out and change a CD.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:47:30 PM EDT
Almost everything is programmed down to the second these days. Only specific "request" type shows will show any deviation from the pre-planned lists.

I just pulled my CD changer out of my van in prep to get rid of it (the van, not the changer) and have been APPALLED by the shit that passes for "music" over the air now that I HAVE to listen to it (or silence).

Next vehicle will be getting a MP3 changer and Sirius receiver ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:49:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Airwolf:
Almost everything is programmed down to the second these days. Only specific "request" type shows will show any deviation from the pre-planned lists.

I just pulled my CD changer out of my van in prep to get rid of it (the van, not the changer) and have been APPALLED by the shit that passes for "music" over the air now that I HAVE to listen to it (or silence).

Next vehicle will be getting a MP3 changer and Sirius receiver ASAP.

Exactly. They have all-request shows or parts of shows that are all-request.

Example:the local hard rock/metal station has an all request hour every noon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:56:38 PM EDT
But the thing is also, they tell you ahead of time who will be playing next so you can either avoid or remain tuning in as necessary?

Do the other stations in barfcom do that as well?
Top Top