Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 5:15:24 PM EDT
I work at a car dealership and occasionally people will stop in and ask where a Nissan, Hyundai, etc dealership is at.

I always point them in the semi-wrong direction.  I say semi wrong because there are a ton of dealership on Bell Road and if you go far enough in one direction you do actually hit a Nissan dealership, even though there is one 2 blocks away.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to all the time when I worked at a hardware store.  If they were nice and curteous, they got good directions, but if they acted like impatient asses, they got sent on a snipe hunt

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No. But I'm seriosly considering it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Me?  I'm a Bus Driver!  I'd NEVER do that...! [devil][devil][devil]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, some visiting parents here at clemson made the mistake of asking me for directions after i noticed the "Gore/Lieberman" sticker on their car [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I always give precise, easy to follow directions to tourists.

Sometimes without even being asked.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]ONLY[/b] [i]if[/i] I suspect you are a commiepinkoliberalantigunner....

Then....[^]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Hee Hee! Yep!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#10]
When I was in architecture schools we had one of the only 24 hour computer labs in our building.  Anyone with an accent so thick I couldn't understand them got told "architecture computer lab?  Oh no, you want the AGRICULTURE computer lab."  And sent them on a wild goose chase across campus to the fields where the cows were.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have to work in the MIDDLE of  country roads,highways,interstate sometimes. You name it I have worked it. Complete fucking morons will stop and block our worksite and motion for one of us to come over to give them direction. I tell my guys to never give directions. Learn this phrase and always say the same thing.

Just take your first right.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always give precise, easy to follow directions to tourists.

Sometimes without even being asked.

cynic
View Quote

Welcome to Florida.  Now, go home!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#14]
When I was a young teenager I lived near Black's Beach, the famous "swimsuit optional" sunning spot in La Jolla, Californistan.

I was frequently asked for directions to Black's.  This happened most often while riding the bus.

If I liked the person who was asking I'd give legitimate directions.  If not, I'd send them on a route to Ocean View Boulevard in a gang-infested part of Southeast San Diego.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#15]
"You should have bought a squirrel."
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I grew up in Orange county Florida, if I had a dime for every assclown that wanted to know how to get to Sea/Disney/Circus World, Rosie o'Grady's or whereever they dreamed of going, I'd be rich.

If you had tits and smiled you got there, if you were another fat-ass from Michigan or New York, you went to the beach instead of Disney or you hopped the Florida turnpike and went south or back to Georgia, depending on where you actually wanted to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#17]
my dad would eat at this resturant just off the 610 freeway.  People could see his patrol car and would come in to the resturant and ask for directions.  

once this lady was bothering him about where some place was, and the actual location was one more exit ahead. the way he told her to go was all the way back around the loop!  so he gave her bad directions for bothering him during his lunch break. lol
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
[insert Billy Bob teeth]

You can't get there from here mister.

[/remove Billy Bob teeth]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[b]ONLY[/b] [i]if[/i] I suspect you are a commiepinkoliberalantigunner....

Then....[^]
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#20]
[V]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#21]
It would never occur to me to give bad directions.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Bad directions, never intentionally. I might give really weird directions, but that's cause of where  I grew up...(it's normal to tell a complete random stranger "And where the old Penny's used to be, take a left, and drive straight on down to where Old Man Duncan grazes his sheep, and make a right there" and expect them to know exactily what you're talking about)...

I'll also give directions that are functionally simpler, but a lot longer than normal. I.E. getting to the NJ turnpike from where I am, for me, is a snap, depending on how I want to go. 4 or 5 different highways, etc etc etc, and eventually I hit I-95 south.

For other people here, I'll say get on the NY thruway and stay on it until you see signs for I-95/the George Washington Bridge.

It's a really long drive, but it always works.

No...but, what I *do* do that's kinda mean, is leave vendors trapped in voice-mail hell. Or, even better (or worse)...I'll pick a random person at work that I don't particularly like, and tell every random vendor that calls me to talk to that person instead from now on.

Talk about brightening up my day...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#23]
We gave bad directions all the time back in highschool. Man were we pricks. Good times, good times.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#25]
And that, ladies, is why _real_ men never ask for directions. It's pointless anyway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Sadly, in my younger years I worked at 7-11.  It sucked, but the highlight of every day was some pissed off ahole who came storming in looking for somewhere, and I would tell him the most constrewed directions to the middle of no where and make it sound easy.  It was great.  I would give correct directions to nice people, though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes.  I was standing on Main Street.  Near a sign that said Main Street.  Person asked where was Main Street.  I told them to turn around and go up the road a few miles and look to their left and they would see Main Street.  Didn't mention that it was Main Street Market.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I have never given wrong directions.  The thought never occured to me when somebody has asked me...

but after reading this post, I may in the future...  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep, but only to Yankees.  And, I've only been given wrong  directions by a Yankee.

They started it. Fuck'm.  If Im up north, I buy a map if I need directions.

-HS
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]
When I was a Taxi Driver people always asked me for directions.

One person asked me for directions to a mexican bar...He wasn't sure which bar, so i gave him directions to Laredo, Mexico [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top