Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2003 3:37:49 PM EDT
With all the shows they have done on the subject I was curious as to how many of us have experienced such incidents. I would find hearing your story very interesting. I was attacked by bees 3 times in Panama while out in the jungle new fort Sherman during jungle warfare training. I have a profound hatred for bees. I have never experienced an all out attack from an animal, but have been dog bitten quite a few times in my life.[blue] What have you been attacked by?[/blue]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Womenz.  Good lookin ones, too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Dolphins and sea lions on several different occasions.  It was not fun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to fight off an angry opossum with a broom to get it out of my parent's garage when I was a kid.
That bastard was huge and had lots teeth!
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Max Power do tell more. What happened to you ? were you hurt badly? I have heard dolphins can easily kill a shark by ramming them, & I know we couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I got into it with a bunch of yellow jackets once. I was walking across a fallen tree in the woods when I was 13 and sliped and fell. They must have had a nest in the ground and I landed on the hole when I got up and looked down they were comning out. I got stung all over the face, neck, arms every where. They got under my shirt and in my shorts it was a long and painful run home
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had my share of mosquito bites.
Some of them really itch!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I got stung by a scorpion once, it hurt like hell and scared the crap out of me, but I lived. I also had a few encounters with blister beetles (these really suck). This was in Chad. Oh yeah, got too close to a hippo once, that was a mistake. [shock]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The following have caused me pain.

Fire ants seems to hate me

Bees (not ALL bees)

Hornet's and wasps

Ticks and chigger. I said chiggers not .......

A certain breed of dog that start will the letters PIT****. They have their place and it is not around town or people. Try knocking one of them out, I did.

Rattlesnakes are ok but they dont like to be stepped on.

Spider bites can make your hand swell up pretty big.

Drunken assclowns have be a problem in the past.

A curb or two , A tree ,guard rail. They just jump up and attack. weird

3 Females

1 1969 camero, he was sorry in the end.

Weber grill

My brother

Sea urchin

ect.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my ankle broken by a 2000+# bull a few years ago.
he was dead the next day
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Spiders!!! All the time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Bees, skeeters, no see ums, and a mountain lion

Had a brown bear lookin me up and down, on the beach in a small bay in SE Alaska, but that probably doesn't count.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Max Power do tell more. What happened to you ? were you hurt badly? I have heard dolphins can easily kill a shark by ramming them, & I know we couldn't do that.
View Quote

I work at a marine aquarium.(Like Sea World, but smaller)  I had my left orbital rim and some sinus bones broken by a dolphin we were doing medical work on.  It was my job to grab the animal and swim her over to a stretcher so she could be lifted out of the pool.  The dolphin had other plans.  She came up from the bottom to my left and a little behind and gave me a solid fluke shot to the side of the head.  Everyone said it sounded like a shotgun going off.  I just remember getting pulled out of the pool and everyone was freaking out.  

Another time I was swimming in our main tank with two females and a male.  The male took offence to my being there and preceded to beat the shit out of me.  I was on the surface treading water.  He would charge me full speed, dive right before he rammed me and kick upwards with his fluke.  Luckily I was able to draw my legs up and protect myself somewhat.  He just kept making runs, kicking me each time.  After he'd kick me I'd swim a little closer to poolside and eventually I got out of the water.

On a separate occasion the same dolphin decided to have a bit of fun at my expense.  I was swimming in the main tank aging this time.  Everything was fine until I tried to get out of the pool.  He wasn't finished playing.  I was only a few feet away from poolside and he came up right in front of me.  He pushed me back to the center and bottom of the pool, about 16' deep.  He held me there until I was out of breath, then he let me go.  I hauled ass to get out of the water and he did the same exact thing.  He could tell when I really needed a breath, maybe the size of my eyes, and he'd let me up.  This went on about eight times.  He finally got bored or knew I was about to drown and stopped.  That was, without a doubt the scariest one I've been through yet,being totally helpless in the water with a 400 pound animal toying with me.

There's more but ya'll are probably getting bored.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I got bit by a baby rattle snake when I was wasted many years ago. Not fun when I sobered up.Thank God for morphine.
Had a shark near 6' latch onto my hand and want to wrestle about a year ago.Lots of blood but didn't really hurt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Black Widow bite then two weeks later a wasp.

Wasp hurt more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Back around '82 when I lived in Las Vegas, I was rabbit hunting out in the desert in a dry wash (dried up riverbed) when I had three dogs, two German Sheperds and a Labrador Retriever, come at me from an opening in some brush, about 40' away from me.

In the time it took for me to bring my 870 up and chamber a shell, I could clearly see that they weren't running at me for a scratch behind the ears, so I fired three rounds.

Buckled the front dog's legs, taking him straight down into the dirt, the second ran into his rear, then turned around with the third and disappeared back into the brush.

Scared the living SH*T out of me.

The growling and barking in the brush afterwards caused me to take a 1/2 mile detour around the area to get back to my vehicle.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's more but ya'll are probably getting bored.
View Quote

Not the least bit bored, I find it very interesting to hear about, & would most defiantly like to hear the rest of the stories you have. How did it make you feel towards, or about dolphins?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#19]
When I was 8 I used to feed neighbors chickens and got attacked by the rooster and got clawed in the ass and ran home bloodied.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
As a cop, poking around and being nosy, I have been beset by more POd dogs than I care to remember. Usually, a dose of OC makes them think about it (though some aren't bothered by it all). They usually run off after a semi-gentle boot to the side, and the two very persistent ones that I thought were going to bite me were also smart enough to recognize a pistol and a look of determination; they changed their minds and ran off before I had to shoot, thankfully.

Oh, and I have been attacked by a very vicious parrot, once. There is a pretty funny story in there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pissed off a few bulls in my day.
View Quote

It isn't the bulls you need to worry about.  You pretty much expect them to be aggressive.

It's the damn cows that wait until you're  halfway into your hip waders and then decide they don't want you fishing the stream that runs through [b]their[/b] meadow.

Oh yeah, I've been charged at by a psychotic pig on my uncle's farm as well.

I'll never understand vegetarians. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#22]
when i was 10 or so i went ot pet a neighbors saint bernard. i had pet that thing many times before. for no reason it lunged at me and bit me on my face. its bottom jaw grabbed me below the chin. the top teeth buried into the bridge of my nose right between my eyes. it shook onnce, then spit me out. i ran away screaming. dad was chopping wood at the time. when he figured out what had happened and that i was going to be ok, he took off after that dog with the axe. dog got away unfortunately. every time i saw it after that i shot it with my BB gun(from a safe distance). luckily the only mark i still have is under my chin. a small scar, nothing bad thank god.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I was attacked by a rabbit while fishing, and also had a chunk of my little finger bitten off by a dog.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had minor bites & such, but never been really attacked by anything. Though just the other day I almost got attacked by a HUGE opossum. I ain't kidding, when I first saw this thing I was thinking "How did a wolverine get into my yard?". It ran by me the next night, it was pitch black so I couldn't see but it sounded like a damned rottweiler jogging by me.

I hate opossums.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Many years ago, while on a training op at Camp Pendleton, the biggest, blackest, most agressive bumble bee...or one fat angry wasp...I don't know which, tried to sting me right through my BDUs.  We had just set up a 'bush and were just laying dead waiting for our OPFOR to stumble along for a good whacking when I heard this faint buzzing sound and looked down about four inches from my face and saw the bee trying repeadly to nail me through my sleeve on my wrist area.   [shock]   Another two inches south and he'd of had me.  Scared the shit out of me...and I couldn't swat or make a friggin sound!  I motioned over to my partner and whispered ever so quietly for him to swat it off...which he did.  That really bothered me.  I hate those bugs.  Been nailed by bees a couple of times...buy my old woman bites harder than that.  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#27]
didnt TRG say he got raped by a butterfly once? [;D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Been attacked by dogs on two occasions, deep puncture wounds. Doc wanted to do the rabis shots to the stomach as a precaution. I said, no thanks.
Was attacked by a big crazy rooster.
Since we have some geese, I get attacked several times a year by the gander, really mean during mating season.
Been bit by our macaw & parrot numerous times, usually on a finger or thumb, just like hitting your thumb with a hammer, blood under the nail & all.
Possums are just ugly cats, they're all show. Wack 'em with a stick a few times and they play dead and you can pick 'em up and do what you want with them. HAd a Golden Retriever that would catch them and keep picking them up and dropping them, possum would play dead and the dog would get bored and the slobbered up, humiliated possum would wander off.
I've trapped a few racoons in my time, that is one mean SOB animal that you don't want to mess with.
Was almost run over by a deer a few nights ago.
Had a cow stand on my foot once, not a good expereince.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

[rofl2]that's what happens when you are a flower child.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I shot a deer one time, & it ran straight at me full speed. I kept shooting, & about the 4 shot on the run I dropped it dead. It was about 4 feet away when it fell. Scared the tar out of me. If I hadn't kept shooting I think it would have ran me right over, & that would have really hurt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[rofl2]that's what happens when you are a flower child.
View Quote

[TRG*AUTO*REPLY]FLOWER POWER!!!![0:)][/TRG*AUTO*REPLY*]

[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#32]
sometimes my kittens attack me [:o]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not attacked but Kayaking last summer I had some brown sharks circling me and I thought they were going to attack.  That was the last time I went kayak fishing around breezy point
View Quote

Breezy Point? as in Rockaway???
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
alligator(long story)

bees, hornets and wasps. and cicada killers( giant VERY FUCKING FAST wasps. used to get chased by these when I was little and in elementary on the play ground)

torpedo ray(like a sting ray but gives off electric shock. NOT FUN!)

dog(my dog. we were rough housing and playing. he bit me accidently.)

cat(my neighbor's cat hates me. man what's with cats and me. they all HATE ME!#@)

rat(damn I hate my kitchen)

cockroaches(sorry but I consider them attacks. I'm deathly afraid roaches. dunno why)

mosquitos(had a whole swarm chase me from a manhole once)

spiders

birds(blue jays are mean!)

my mom

catfish

snakes(had a garder snake bite me. wasnt poisonous but DAMN that thing can BITE!#@)

lizards

ticks

chiggers

customers at work(one threw a movie at my head once)

perch fish(watch those spines on the back)

turtle(damn it. why did my pet have to bite me?)

ants(bleh I hate mowing the lawn. they're EVERYWHERE!)

cicadas(yes, these things DO bite.)

possum

bleh there's more. I'll think of em later.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Got bit by my neighbor's dog once when I was a little kid. Guess he got kicked pretty good after he nipped me.

And i'll never forget this. i go to an ambulance call for a dog bite. Unknown age. So we get there in the bus and it was an 8 year old girl. Got bit in the neck and face by an Akita. From what her father said, he clamped on shook for a few seconds. Said it had never been mean before, but he said somebody better call tht dog warden or he would shoot it. I felt so sorry for that girl cuz she was really hurtin and torn up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#38]
got stung by a few bees one time after shooting a hornets nest with a 12 gauge shot gun. I learned real fast no matter how fast you run it isnt fast enough. Ill never do that again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:10:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Attacked by yellow jackets once.

Attacked by stray dog, received 40 stitches in one hand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:18:32 AM EDT
[#40]
When I was a little kid I somehow stepped on a beesnest.  They tell me I was out for a day or so.  Don't remember much about it.
I just made it under a fence after taunting a bull once.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Grandpa's dog bit my left ear off when I was 8.  Gramps shot the dog, put my ear on ice, and drove me to the doc.  As a result, I have a little scar and two different profiles.

Portugese Man-O-War wrapped around my body.

Centipede bit me on the face.

Whale hit my boat so hard it threw me in the water.  At least I got to swim with him.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
it was a nice sunny spring morning and I sat down with my back to a round hay bale and put  a woodpecker distress tape on the the electronic caller. The sun felt so good I started dozing off. I opened my eyes a couple minutes later and a BIGASS badger was less then ten yards away and closing fast!
View Quote

HOLY CRAP!!!  [SHOCK]  [HEAVY]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not attacked but Kayaking last summer I had some brown sharks circling me and I thought they were going to attack.  That was the last time I went kayak fishing around breezy point
View Quote

Breezy Point? as in Rockaway???
View Quote

Yep.  Lot of sharks at the end of august.  More there than the south shore of long island
View Quote

I wonder why?  What are feeding on?  Bluefish?  I wouldn't want those Blues biting me either!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Funny thing is I just NOW got stung by a yellow jacket while outside burning trash!

I put meat tenderize on it, and took an antihistamine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Portugese Man-O-War wrapped around my body.

Centipede bit me on the face.

View Quote

So,......What happened as a result of the man-o-war stinging? & the centipeded bite on your face, did it require any treatment?

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I've been "Attacked" with injury 3 times. Twice by German Shepherds and once by a Brown Recluse Spider. I was 8 when I got bit by the spider. That was NOT a pleasant experience. Thankfully we were relatively close to a hospital. Being so young, if I would not of been taken to the hospital when I was, I probably would not be here today.

Lots of encounters with 'gators, but that's expected with as much time as I spend out in the everglades. Only had one [b]REALLY[/b] scare me once. I was solo in a 10 ft canoe in some very deep sawgrass. The rule of thumb on estimating gators size is, for every inch of snout(area between eyes and nostrils) their is a foot of body length. You could of dropped a ruler on this guys nose and had room left over.
He was a [b]MONSTER[/b]. He followed me from about 15 feet and stayed behind me for over 2 miles.
I thought my ass was lunch.

As for salt water adventures, I was once 'bumped' by a Hammerhead shark. Was snorkeling at night at a place I found out later was known by the fishermen as shark point.
Needless to say, when I saw what it was in the water trying to play footisies with me, I didn't swim the 100 or so yards back to the beach. I got up on top of the water and ran.
echo6
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top