Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2001 9:32:01 PM EDT

I saw Bob Barker at at airport in Nashville.
Also saw Asia Carrere at an electronics store in Los Angeles.

Who have you seen/met??

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
went shooting with STEYRAUG last week. he even let me take his picture
now i have to go buy a tec 9 just like his[}:D]

editted because STERYAUG seams like to nice a guy to be confused as being Chucky Boy
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you REALLY want this war?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you REALLY want this war?
View Quote

what happen?? you went over to the HK board & now forgot how to have some fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Fun is fun. That's fuckin Schumer!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
look at those EYES. he's a die hard gun lover like us. he just doesn't realize it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw Hulk Hogan at Philly airport years ago....Also,my youngest brother works for Robert Yates Racing.He's the shock/spring technician for Ricky Rudd's #28 car.Ricky Rudd, Tony Stewart,my brother,and a couple other guys,get together Wed. nights at Charlotte and race their go-carts for fun.I also got to meet Kenny Irwin 2 summers ago.He and my brother were both around the same age and used to go out barhopping together.They both came up to Reading PA on a Fri.nite (when they were gonna run at Dover) & had dinner with my folks.After dinner,Kenny & my brother stopped back at my parents place.I swung by after work and got to hang with them for a while.Kenny was a very cool dude,it's a damn shame he was killed. Luckily,my mom snapped a few pics of us shooting the sh.t,so he'll always be in our hearts & home.      
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.zing.com/picture/p6c42fbfb6feb33e127911046f10f4e1b/febca92c.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]

Chuck Shumer hosts National "Piece of Shit" convention
By Shilock Goldstien

Today, Piece of Shit Senator Chuck Shumer (D, NY) fired the Piece of Shit TEC-9 at the nationial Piece of Shit convention in Piece of Shit city Cleveland, Ohio.
Piece of Shit Sarah Brady was on hand, breathing Piece of Shit Cleaveland's piece of shit air into her piece of shit lungs.
Across the lobby from the piece of shit convention was the "Fairytale" convention, with the Easter Bunny as concierge, Santa Claus as usher, the Tooth fairy running security, and the hard working black man as keynote speaker.
A riot broke out between the "Piece of Shitters" and the "Fairytalers" when Truth-Telling Bill Clinton ran over from the FairyTale side, and challenged Piece of Shit Oprah Winfrey to a fight.
Oprah swallowed the fairy whole, but not before fairytaler Superman used a pooper-scooper to take care of Piece of Shit Oprah.

This has been Shilock Goldstien Reporting

BigChiefCrappingCattle
(McUZI)
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
went shooting with STEYRAUG last week. he even let me take his picture
now i have to go buy a tec 9 just like his[}:D]

editted because STERYAUG seams like to nice a guy to be confused as being Chucky Boy
View Quote

All right I'm calm now. Try and understand. YOU have never had to be in the same room with this guy and resist the urge to bitch slap him. I have. Wasn't easy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw Chelsea Clinton in a hotel in Juneau, Anthony Kiedis in an espresso shop down the street from the hotel, and Gerard Depardieu stole the cab I hailed in New York.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
All right I'm calm now. Try and understand. YOU have never had to be in the same room with this guy and resist the urge to bitch slap him. I have. Wasn't easy.
View Quote

your wrong! I have not only been in the same room with him, but I eat dinner in the same room as him. soon as he seen me look into his eyes for some strange reason he turned very timid. He hardly eat much of his dinner after that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, back on topic. I ate lunch with Niki Taylor. Okay, one table over.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Being lucky enough to live where other people love to visit I have a great many encounters with the rich and famous.  Many former Detroit Tiger baseball players, Bill Laimbeer former Detroit Piston, Bow hunters Fred Bear, Chuck Adams and Ted Nugent, golfer Tom Watson, Ruby Ridge survivor Randy Weaver, Nancy Lieberman-Kline Detroit Shock WNBA coach, singer Tom Petty, former Presidents Ford and Bush and my favorite actress Elisabeth Shue.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Bruce Campbell, now there's a guy for ya.  If he was a gun lover (which he might just be), then he might just be the Uber-male.  An idol for all the ages.

Anyway, I used to be friends with (WAY back in the day of junior high and high school) Heather Whitestone, the (deaf) 1994 Miss America who lived right here in Alabama.  She's a true sweetheart.

"Well Hello Mr. Fancy-pants"
Jew~
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I grew up in Aberdeen, Md.. I've known (knew) Cal Ripken Jr. most of my life, until about 1985 or so. His mom Vi Ripken used to drive my school bus. I still see Cal's brother Fred very frequently at Cecil County Dragway. He races very fast motorcycles (mid 7's for those who understand). Also knew Irvin Pankey of LA Rams and later Indy Colts fame - another Aberdeen grad. My mom used to do charity work with Brooks Robinson of the Orioles. Met him many times. The guy who crashed the airplane into the Whitehouse years ago also came from Aberdeen, but I didn't know him. He was a few years older. His brother, however, frequents my "home bar". And finally (and I'm sure there are some who doubt this), I've met Gene Stoner and Gen. Curtis LeMay. I was very young and had no idea who they were at the time. Also, on one occasion, Richard (Dick) Marcinco (sp?). I met him through the father of my best friend: his dad is Col. Al DeProspero who was JCOS when he retired. Again, I knew nothing about Marcinco until long after I met him. Col. DeProspero was Special Forces in Nam with him. Col. D. is the only JCOS Colonel that I'm aware of that started out as an enlisted grunt. He got his rank through multiple combat tours in Nam and Korea. I saw Gene Hackman on the way to work one day in Baltimore while they were filming "Enemy of the State". They had the wardrobe area set up almost directly in front of the building I worked in. SteyrAUG, can you top that? At least in numbers? Granted I never had sex with any of these people.....

[;)]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
The search and rescue pilot for my home town in wyoming is harrison ford. not hard to miss when he is in town. only 3000 people live there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Oops! Left out a couple. Met Rick Derringer a few years ago. Also met Lee Rocker (bass player from the Stray Cats). Also Earl Weaver, former Orioles general manager. Tomorrow, I'm going to the Ravens Draft party. Might meet a few there too - or at least get some autographs. That doesn't really count as meeting someone though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I still see Cal's brother Fred very frequently at Cecil County Dragway. He races very fast motorcycles (mid 7's for those who understand).
View Quote
                       I understand it takes mighty big balls to do it on 2 wheels!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Art!!  Need to let you know, I won't be able to make the shoot tomorrow (see above comments about Ravens draft party).

Fred quit doing the actual riding a few years ago. That task now falls on his former brother-in-law. They hope to become competitive in Pro-Stock Motorcycle one of these days.  You couldn't pay me to ride that sucker!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Chuck Yeager,met him at the Indy 500.
Dolly Parton at the Missippi river Festival.I was walking apicket line and she asked me onto her bus to have a drink because it was so hot.We talked for over an hour.She decided not to croos.I dont think it was me though I think her daddy was a coal miner.
William Lee Golden.My wife knows him real well.You will never meet a nicer guy.Keeps a Indian tepee in his front yard year round.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I met Ron Howard at a Houston restaurant.  

Other ones I would consider famous but most of you wouldnt are a few of my favorite guitarists:  Steve Vai, John Petrucci, and Joe Satriani
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Tras! Those are three of my six favorites!! The others are Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, and Nuno Bettincort (sp?). Vai is UNREAL! Morse too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I gave Sarah Brady her first pack of Camels.

No, I don't have tears.

(although, I do feel bad for her family... well, most of them)

Editors note: Yeah, bad taste, i know. Now move along with your lives.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tras! Those are three of my six favorites!! The others are Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, and Nuno Bettincort (sp?). Vai is UNREAL! Morse too.
View Quote

Morse is a bad mo-fo.
He lives in Ocala, just south of me.
I know guys who have jammed with him in both his pre-pilot and post-pilot days.

But, if you ask me, Shawn Lane or Malmsteen could eat any of 'em.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Attended a Rally for President Reagan in the
80's
- met Don Ho - and Steve McGarett
( Hawaii 5O )in the 70's  :)D:
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny you should mention that.  When I met Petrucci was when the Dregs opened for DT.  I was about four feet from Morse for the whole set.  I just didnt meet him after the show.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#27]
And yes, he did rip! :D
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Morse is a bad mo-fo.
He lives in Ocala, just south of me.
I know guys who have jammed with him in both his pre-pilot and post-pilot days.

But, if you ask me, Shawn Lane or Malmsteen could eat any of 'em.
View Quote

As the list of guitar gods hits 8, keep in mind their styles are so different it makes it hard to rate them against each other. Malmsteen is incredible!! Another aquantance of mine is Dave LaRue, who has been Morse's bass player for the last few years. He also plays with Pat Travers and was just on tour as a member of Deep Purple (as was Morse). The thing about Morse is he can play anything, any style, and do it almost perfectly while sight reading it for the first time!! He usually plays lead and rythem _simultaniously_!!!! Unreal!! Always try to get up front for a Morse show.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Unreal!! Always try to get up front for a Morse show.
View Quote

Yes, my jaw was wide open the entire set :)
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I was walking around at Ceasars in vegas and saw a babe about 50ft. away walking toward me.
As we got closer about a foot away I saw who she was it was CLAUDIA SHIFFER! and we even made eye contact! I totaly locked up could'nt say hi or take her picture. I stoped  and turned around and looked as she walked by, guess what? she turned around and looked back at me! she probably wanted to see if I was a stalker or was going to follow her, but I just went on my happy way.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Met Keyshawn Johnson (WR Tampa Bay Bucs), Wayne Chrebet (WR NY jets), Adrian Murrel (RB AZ Cardinals?), Kyle Brady (TE Carolina Panthers), through my friends cousin Jeff Grahm (WR - San Diego Chargers) when Jeff used to play for the NY Jets.

Oh yeah, I also gave Al Leiter (Pitcher NY Mets)a ride back to his hotel room in my police car just before the World Series...he thought I looked exactly like Benny Agbayani (NY Mets) in a cop's uniform.

Various TV/movie stars and models DAILY, NYC is a boring place to work huh? I will go out with Elizabeth Hurley some day!!![beer]

Oh yeah and NYC Mayor Giuliani (but who gives a shit?)[BD]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Met Terri Clark in Nashville a few times before I knew who she was. I'm not a country fan. We ate dinner a few times. She is cool as hell. She's a Single Action shooter! We talked fast draw a bit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#33]
well.....I...live.. five houses down the JOEY FROM N'SYNC!!!!!! YAY!!! I'm serious.His house is huge.Almost every day I see a horde of young 14 year old girls walking past my house to stand accross the street to wait for him to come outside.It was cool at first,but they  got annoying,considering they don't live in the development.Nowadays I enjoy freaking them out by putting on a nomex hood and reflective Bolle attacker goggles and tear past them on my ATV.
It's interesting to  live so close to him though.He's got a red viper,and a yellow prowler,which don't seem to be there anymore.He now has a big,black lincoln SUV.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#34]
While pheasant hunting in S.W. Nebr. with my dad during the mid '70's we ran into Catfish Hunter and two of his buddies.

I ate lunch with Jim Exxon, when he was still gov. of Nebr.

And when Pres. Reagan was in town for a speech I got within thirty feet of the podium while he spoke. Pretty much the same ol' speech (ya' know how politicians are [;)]), so we had fun watching the S.S., watching us, well not US, the crowd, we weren't stupid!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Uma Thurman & Ethan Hawke lived a block or two from where I went to school, so I saw them pretty frequently.  Bumped into Michael Stipe on the street (no, really...I wasn't looking where I was going and walked right into the guy).  Was walking down the street another  time and realized the goofy looking guy walking next to me was Beck.  Saw Bob Mould walking down Houston once.  Sneaked backstage at Irving Plaza, met Iggy Pop and stole a beer.

None of you have probably heard of them, but i met Juliana Hatfield (Blake Babies, the Lemonheads, Juliana's Pony/her own solo career, etc.).  And just missed getting to meet Corrin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney...after the show I went home, instead of going with my friends to the bar a few blocks away.  Crap.

And finally, saw the reigning world champion of the 10yard nightclub shooting and pistol toss(Puff Daddy)...he owns a building a couple blocks from where my band used to practice.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I saw Elvis in the produce aisle at the supermarket just last week.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#37]
My encounters with famous people mostly occured in airplanes.  I am able to get free upgrades and sit in front.  A real POS first class passenger.  But Pete Sampras spilt diet coke on my leg, I was about to claim a great allergy to diet coke and ask the pilot to make an emergency landing!  I sat in the seat right behind President Ford.  I was having problems putting my oversized bag into the overhead and one of his huge guys with a lapel pin, a earpiece and a huge bulge under his arm helped me push the bag in to the bin. Oliver Stone, no personality and weird.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#38]
i seen someone famous. he/she was on tv i think!
i cannot be for shure. [;D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I met Gov. Tom Ridge at the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg last year.  I didn't realize who he was until my cousin pointed it out to me, so I said hello!

I met Jack Palance in White Haven, PA.  He was standing in line in front of me at the McDonalds near the turnpike.  He ordered tea.

Tom Kiefer from Cinderella bought a Dodge Stealth at the car dealership I used to work at about 7 years ago.  I had a long converstation about guitars with him as he filled out all of his paperwork.

I met Seth Joyner(when he played for the Eagles) at a local club.

Eric Lindros was standing next to me at the bar of another club one night.

I met or seen several other Philly sports stars over the years.

An ex girlfriend dated Kevin Dineen(used to play for the Flyers) before I dated her.  He used to call her while I was there sometimes asking if she would see him again, she would hang up on him and he'd call right back, I told him over the phone to get a life and go stick a puck in his ass and leave her alone!  He finally stopped after a year or so.

Saw Mark Harmon in Chicago O'Hare on my way home from bootcamp.

George Bush Sr's motorcade passed on the northbound lanes of the Jersey turnpike while I was driving south.  I was wondering why there was no cars going north on a usually busy highway.  I figured an accident but the traffic report didn't mention it.  Next thing I see is police cars etc. and a big bus that says BUSH 92 or something go by.

That's it for my famous encounters.

My sister works in Manhatten in the same building as MTV and JCrew so she meets stars almost everyday.

She rode the elevator with Patrick Stewart(Star Trek, Picard).  She met Angie Harmon(hottie), Chris Rock, and Anthony Hopkins recently.  She meets rock stars constantly but never knows who they are.  She always says "I met the guys from that band that sing that song that goes..."  She can't ever remeber the lyrics and cannot carry a tune so it is pointless to try to figure it out.  

My grandfather, my dad's father, worked for RCA doing gov't contract work a long time ago and when the Mercury atsronauts trained at Johnsville NAS near here he got an autographed photo of all of them for my dad.  A couple of them were killed not long afterwards in a launchpad fire.  Then when I was little our apt. building burned down and the pic along with it, wierd!

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Jeffrey Feiger sat in front of me on a flight from Detroit to NYC. Anita Baker was in the local pharmacy a couple of years back. I saw Hulk Hogan driving around when I lived in Florida.

Robert Urich sat next to my five-year-old son on a flight from LA to Atlanta, I said hello to him when they got off the plane. I said hi to Tommy Lee (drummer for Motley Crue and Pamela Anderson's husband to be) back in 1985 at a stoplight in OC, California. And I sat in a restaurant booth next to all the guys in REO Speedwagon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#41]
A big thrill was meeting General "Stormin'" Norman Schwartzkopf in Orlando a couple years ago.  He'd lost a lot of weight since he retired from the Army.  We talked about his book.  A truly nice man, engaging, articulate, and a no bullshit quality about him.  He told me he never aspired to be a national hero when he was commissioned out of West Point.  His goal was to live up to the "Duty - Honor - County" pledge.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Not really a CMT kind of guy but I met and talked with John Michael Montgomery and the guys from Confederate Railroad in a Nashville steakhouse/saloon a few years back.

Stood beside Steve McNair (Titans QB) in Memphis after a game but no autograph.

And, finally, the greatest thrill of my life was seeing the old Japaneese Wrestler Tojo Yamamoto in his white Lamborghini in our local Wendys drive-thru.

That was strange.

Oh yeah...I forgot...............I had a one-nighter with Cheryl Crow when I met her in a bar in Nashville back before she got really famous.  That was also pretty dang cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#43]
I think I saw Rosie...

[img]http://fp.thesalmons.org/lynn/pig17m.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Met Mickey Rooney once. He is a little prick! I messed up and called him MR. ROURKE (as in Mickey Rourke)He got pissed and could not believe that I got his famous name wrong. When he signed the autograph, it was to where you could not read it. Then he looked real sad and told me to beat it. It was at NEW ORLEANS CIVIC CENTER when they had the TV exibition back in 95' I think.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#46]
In Vegas I saw Asia Carerra, Nikita, Mila, Tiffany Mynx, Marylin Chambers, Max Steiner, Ed Powers and Helmetcam Man.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#47]
ok here's something that will make you shudder. I met both the Klintons on different occasions. "The Really Sad Part Is Bill would make a nice guy, if he wasn't that big of a DICKHEAD"
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The thing about Morse is he can play anything, any style, and do it almost perfectly while sight reading it for the first time!! He usually plays lead and rythem _simultaniously_!!!!
View Quote

Hey. You would probably know.
On "General Lee", who is playing what?
Which sections are Steves, and which sections are Alberts??

I have no idea.

McUZI
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I went to high school with Greg Kinnear in Athens Greece for three years.  PS he wasn't all that special..
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I met the following people in my lifetime so far:
Marvelous Marvin Hagler & Bobby Sims
Bo Jackson
Fran Tarkington (spelling?)
Doug Flutie (spelling?)
Two of the new kids on the block
Micheal Jordan
The guy who plays SAX for the Beaver Brown Band
Alice Cooper
A bunch of Phoenix Suns players!
Kenny Chesney
Dave Pratt (98KUPD radio phoenix,AZ)
(He's famous around here anyway)
Mike Seagul (world famous Billiards player}
Allen Hopkins (same as above)
Dawn Hopkins (Allen's wife ranked in top 30 US womans)Her maiden name is Maureen and I used to play pool with her back east every Sunday.
A bunch of comedians I have seen before they were big.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. I have been lucky running into people.

John

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top