Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/17/2003 12:53:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2003 11:05:14 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
We've been averaging 2-3 suicidal calls a day for the last 10 days. This afternoon someone finally went through with it with a .270 Remington out on the street in front of a bunch of 12 year old kids. Still waiting for the guy to go 901 that thought sleeping pills and Pine-Sol would kill him quickly. Been a STRANGE week.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2003 11:00:47 AM EDT by MHPDblue]
Well I glad to see that the madness was not confined to my area either... afternoons had way more domestics than usual earlier in the week and on Tuesday night we had two domestics in which the whole family wanted to fight us.... Wednesday night was filled with drunks..only instead of the usual typical drunks we deal with Wednesday night's drunks were horny... in fact 90% of the people we had contact with on Wednesday night were horny.... First Call: The C/P's girlfriend calls him back inside because "she can't wait any longer" (dodged that report) Second call: Two people parked in a car acting suspicious...One adult and juvenile male going at it I don't know what was worse.. seeing what no man should have to see or telling the juv's mommy about his hobby. My buddy makes a stop..she's got no license..she's yelling and screaming at the window the only reason she stopped him was "to check her out" (yeah right.. ) Disturbance at one of our apartment complexes.. drunken female arguing with her boyfriend....she's very large (if you know what I mean). Very conditional about going back inside the apartment..she'll only go if she "gets what she wants".. My partner has to ask what... her direct quote at the top of her lungs... "I want you to make sweet love to me" Thanks forTMI and a visual. She gets arrested for disorderly and bemoans her lack of sex for the rest of the night.. The last call of the evening some drunk guy tries to enter the wrong house..four streets over. The homeowner almost caps his ass...She thinks the one officer is "cute" and wonders why he's not taking the statements OH well it was a full moon and there was an eclipse...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:38:28 AM EDT
Gotta be the heat, once it starts upping the 100 degree point, these folks go nuts!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:43:40 AM EDT
I'm not an LEO, but there were three calls today for the city PD for suicide attempts, all before 1100. This whole city has started to go nuts over the last two weeks or so. but than again the weather has been getting nicer and nicer. Heard about 10 shots last night, on the west side of town, thats the most i've heard in a long time in that area. Also a hell of alot more chases(foot) going on. Is this something thats pretty regular in LE, as the weather gets better, the wacos come out and play more?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:53:10 AM EDT
The usual stupidity has kept going, but it seems like EVERYONE is suicidal these days. On a lighter note, 5 more brand new Colt Commandos with Eotechs showed up. NIIIICE [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:39:33 PM EDT
I work the NYC Subways by Coney Island. I see crazies every day, and with the summer time comming it should get worse. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:02:57 PM EDT
In S.W. Texas I have seen a larger than normal amount of suicide threats in the last week or so. I think it has something to do with the full moon and the eclipse. Just my $.02. On wednesday some dude tried to cut off his pee pee, because he was going to kill himself and didn't need it, with a dull pair of broken scissors. Only took one hesitation cut to realize that the pain was to much to handle. He is now getting some much needed help.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:59:37 PM EDT
This weekend hasn't been too bad but last weekend (may 10,11) was nuts. We average 8 murders per year and only had 1 last year in a city of 125,00 people. We had a guy go into a bar last weekend preaching Islamic hate-religion. The bar was mostly black patrons but he sat down at a table with 4 whites and ended up shooting all 4; 2 of them died. We think he's also the shooter from the night before when a 47-year-old W/M got shot walking down the street. This shooter thought all white people were "Lucipher" and seems to be trying for an insanity plea. My partner and I had just made a run on him the night before and knew where to send the other cars to find him while we were tied up at the crime scene. He still had the gun on him but didn't put up a fight against the officers. That was the worst of the incidents but that weekend had a lot of bad stuff in it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:19:03 AM EDT
hmmmm....me thinks way too many positive ions in the air....stay safe gang..
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:34:16 PM EDT
I have had three people demand for me to shoot then during arrests this week. All EDP related, the first one we had to take down because he was waving a knife around inside the Jack-In-The-Box. Had a prostitute and the customer, beating each other up in a Star Mart at 9 in the morning Sunday. Prostitute had a razor and PCP on board, customer was on Cocaine and wasn't paying because after all, he couldn't get it up. The lady thought her time should be compensated, and they went after it right in front of the checkout. It's Summertime!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:06:58 AM EDT
just out of curiosity where was the 'pro hiding her razor and what kind of razor was it (eg box cutter, carpet knife, etc). I take a lot of utility knives off the girls here at work so I was wondering....
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
Regular draftsman style cutter that uses those old style double edge shaving blades. She had it in her purse.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:25:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:57:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MHPDblue: just out of curiosity where was the 'pro hiding her razor and what kind of razor was it (eg box cutter, carpet knife, etc). I take a lot of utility knives off the girls here at work so I was wondering....
View Quote
Come on, MHPDblue, You just know it was a BOX cutter! Sorry, couldn't resist [:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:24:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:14:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By MHPDblue: just out of curiosity where was the 'pro hiding her razor and what kind of razor was it (eg box cutter, carpet knife, etc). I take a lot of utility knives off the girls here at work so I was wondering....
View Quote
Come on, MHPDblue, You just know it was a BOX cutter! Sorry, couldn't resist [:D]
View Quote
Well I sure sometimes they use them to cut boxes and other times to cut pipe.. the ladies are quite ingenious in their use of the implement
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2003 6:36:55 PM EDT by scarecrowe]
It had almost been a year in my area without any homicides... In the last week we had a guy shoot up a bar killing two (as described by EPD1102) and another killed his ex-wife and set her on fire with the kids in the house. Then just last night we had a suicide and the family is arguing on who gets the gun he shot himself with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:01:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By scarecrowe: Then just last night we had a suicide and the family is arguing on who gets the gun he shot himself with.
View Quote
Now THAT is funny! Bob
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:39:08 PM EDT
BOX CUTTER LMAO
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:31:56 PM EDT
We just had a suicide two days ago with the "victim" laying dead on top of stolen C4 and a claymore detonator. Scared the living shit out of the first responders and EOD. He arranged it to appear if his body was moved, the C4 would go boom. Crazy sumbitch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:57:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:57:26 PM EDT
Heard this one on my dad's scanner. A large male dressed all in black carrying a large black bag chasing people around the parking lot at WalMart with a stick. I think it was about 4 pm in the afternoon on Saturday. Got to be the heat...........
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:03:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: I work the NYC Subways by Coney Island. I see crazies every day, and with the summer time comming it should get worse. [:D]
View Quote
Hey Vinnie...I lived on W17th across from the Church 'til I was 5. Is Carolinas still in business?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:48:01 AM EDT
Now these folks are warped! How about fighting over who gets to have the gun that a family member just used to kill themself with! Mark
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:50:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EPD1102: This weekend hasn't been too bad but last weekend (may 10,11) was nuts. We average 8 murders per year and only had 1 last year in a city of 125,00 people. We had a guy go into a bar last weekend preaching Islamic hate-religion. The bar was mostly black patrons but he sat down at a table with 4 whites and ended up shooting all 4; 2 of them died. We think he's also the shooter from the night before when a 47-year-old W/M got shot walking down the street. This shooter thought all white people were "Lucipher" and seems to be trying for an insanity plea. My partner and I had just made a run on him the night before and knew where to send the other cars to find him while we were tied up at the crime scene. He still had the gun on him but didn't put up a fight against the officers. That was the worst of the incidents but that weekend had a lot of bad stuff in it.
View Quote
Ok just one question about this one, is he cahrged at all with a hate crime? Cuz he should be trying to plead insanity or not.
Top Top