Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 8:57:51 PM EDT
What we need right now is a good carpet bombing of Faluja or Baghdad except with all our precision guided munitions we cant do it. People know we can surgicaly strike anywhere we want so strategic bombing is out of the question. We are limited to purely tactical strikes.
I think this has cut our balls off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes techonology can be a curse as well as a blessing. That's why I like to go low tech with the firearms that I own. Sure I don't have lazer sights or any other sights that take a battery and my firearms don't need fancy lubes to keep running. Heck, I even have one that uses a rock as an ignition source. But one thing is for sure, when I pull the trigger they'll go 'bang' and I'll never have to worry about the battery in my sights going dead at a critical moment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Napalm and Phosphorus Bombs...WWII should that starting large fires in cities does more damage  than using high explosives.

e.g. more deaths occurred during the firebombing of Tokyo than both of the atomic bombs which were later dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Typical tactics would be to have 2 patterns of incediary bombs dropped forming a large "X". through the center of the city. Then either way the wind would blow..about half of the city would be exposed to a moving wall of fire.

During the incendiary bombing of Dresden, so many incendiary bombs were dropped that a firestorm resulted which quite literally caused occupants hiding in basements to suffocate to death from the lack of oxygen. Even though the building in whose basement they were hiding in, didn't burn.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem is that everyone expects us to make surgical strikes now.
The terror of an ARC Light raid is not possible but its sorely needed right now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Your question is political, not tactical.

Incendiary bombs are easily made, and quickly too. What we need is a populace that won't blanch if we use them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bomb who?

If you people would read real news instead of listening to CNNs propaganda it was this technology that allowed us to conquer Fallujah and kill a couple thousand Haji for the loss of only 10 men.

There is no target to bomb, get over it. The terrorists have to be found by sending men to search house to house. Which we have equal ability to do as amply demonstrated in the last month.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bomb who?

If you people would read real news instead of listening to CNNs propaganda it was this technology that allowed us to conquer Fallujah and kill a couple thousand Haji for the loss of only 10 men.

There is no target to bomb, get over it. The terrorists have to be found by sending men to search house to house. Which we have equal ability to do as amply demonstrated in the last month.

Thats my point. Did you read my post?
I know we can hit a gnats ass with a 500lb bomb and we have done so and it has been great...tactically.
MY point is: now, because of our precision capabilities a carpet bombing is now unacceptable. Strategically, we could do with a good carpet bombing. Understand?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
What happens if Mecca...disappears.  The central point of Islamic worship is gone,and the whole of the "Religion of Peace" is up in arms against us anyway, aren't they?  However, as already noted, it doesn't root out the major terrorists in random houses and mosques.  Simply tossing out an idea I heard today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Didnt we B52 some of the troop positions they had in GW1?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didnt we B52 some of the troop positions they had in GW1?

Troop postitions yes, but we cant carpet bomb a city now. It's not politicaly acceptable because we have precision weapons.
Thats my point. We need to carpet bomb the cities but we cant.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What we need right now is a good carpet bombing of Faluja or Baghdad except with all our precision guided munitions we cant do it. People know we can surgicaly strike anywhere we want so strategic bombing is out of the question. We are limited to purely tactical strikes.
I think this has cut our balls off.

We should still have plenty of dumb bombs to light that place up. We just have to make the decision to DO IT, even though the whole "global community" will come unglued.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bomb who?

Thats my point. Did you read my post?
I know we can hit a gnats ass with a 500lb bomb and we have done so and it has been great...tactically.
MY point is: now, because of our precision capabilities a carpet bombing is now unacceptable. Strategically, we could do with a good carpet bombing. Understand?

NO it would NOT do good strategicly. We would kill thousands of people who WANT us there. There is no place in Iraq now to kill only people who want us gone with carpet bombing.

You would have to find a target in another country like Syria. Even Iran wouldn't do. Most of the people there want us to come liberate them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top