User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 5:12:17 PM EDT
Whats the consensus?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah. Eat some chili or some hot wings.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you really have food poisoning it won't stay down. You need antibiotics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Some one set me up the e. coli.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hydrate.

ETA: Main screen turn on.  What this? Good evening NSFJojo.  All your food are belong to us.  Hydrate!

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
 sory i had to

I would say drink lots of water, even if you cant hold it all down.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have a virus, feel free to eat if you can - it will give your body (and your immune system) fuel.

If you've got food posioning, drink lots of fluid.

(I don't believe antibiotics will do anything for food posioning, and it will certainly not do anything for a virus)
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I had some bad Sushi a while back....was crapping and vomiting for a week.....

only eat...very dry toast and flat Ginger ale
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of fluids.
It'll all come out in the "end"
Most "food poisonings" don't last more than a few hours....and are almost impossible to diagnose.
Severe , severe cramps, hi-fever= see a doctor.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Fluids... and chicken soup!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
(I don't believe antibiotics will do anything for food posioning, and it will certainly not do anything for a virus)

+1 on the note that you won't need antibiotics.

However, if you do have food poisoning, and you are blowing chunks, food will aggravate you and the acid can tear up your esophagus and damage your vocal cords.

If you can't keep anything down you need an IV of saline then one w/ glucose for the required energy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#11]
No vomiting, I can eat all I like, it's only painful cramping in my intestines, started 2 days prior, early morning.  Shits every 10 minutes, but I'm thankful for those, cuz no I don't need an enema!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Eat but start out slow, soup or plain pasta.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Drink some tequilla.  tequilla is the cure for everything.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Drink 4 liters of water within a 24 hour period.  Repeat on day 2.  No joke.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Seek out a priest.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 for lots of fluids.

I would not eat much at all and then start with a few crackers and a little tea or 7up.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

eat a loaf of whole wheat and four cans of green beans, then post "after" pics  ... for great justice
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]

In a similar but less severe situation recently, my MD said, as you've heard, fluids.  Water, yeah, but Gatorade was recommended too, and he suggested potassium suppliments for electrolyte replenishment.

I was eating some plain bagels every now and then.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Gatoraid, and then banannas as soon as you can stomach them...
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
How about seeing a doctor?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
garlic has a natural antibiotic called allacin.  It kills ecoli, salmanilla, and many other bacteria forms that I can't spell right!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Stomache flu?  Flat Cola.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I ate Lobster tail, top sirloin, sauteed mushrooms, garlic bread and I washed it down with a nice glass of merlot, does that count as taking it slow???  

It was good!

ETA:  Someone set me up the shits!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#24]
had food poisoning once, was blowing chunks out of both ends
sounds more like you  have a virus, you need to stay hydrated
and seek professional help
just in case
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
just in case

I have sought professional help, I asked you guys!  Man, when I twisted my neck and thought I broke it, it was ARFKOM that told me it was just a disorder.  When I dipped my arm in the park tank and wanted to go to the hospital for some pain meds and a good wound cleaning, it was ARFKOM that suggested thatI just stay home and do it myself!  You guys give me hope.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
just in case

I have sought professional help, I asked you guys!  Man, when I twisted my neck and thought I broke it, it was ARFKOM that told me it was just a disorder.  When I dipped my arm in the park tank and wanted to go to the hospital for some pain meds and a good wound cleaning, it was ARFKOM that suggested thatI just stay home and do it myself!  You guys give me hope.

Just wait 'till you get a load of our do-it-yourself-vasectomy advice!

Hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm peeing out my pooper.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#28]
 If you eat, eat yogurt, bread or cheese, this will introduce good bacteria into your gut that will help crowd out bacteria like e. coli.  DO NOT USE ANTIBIOTICS EXCEPT UNDER YOUR DOCTORS ORDERS!    Check with Ed Sr. or someone, too, but one of the harmful things that antibiotics do is they kill A LARGE AMOUNT OF BACTERIA IN YOUR SYSTEM INCLUDING THE GOOD AND IMPORTANT STUFF.  This can be dangerous because some strains of e.coli are anti biotic reisistant and if the good bacteria is cleared out of your system the e.coli can take over.  The toxins from e.coliH57 and botuli bacterium can REALLY fuck you up BAD if they are allowed to propogate unchecked.

In short....if you aren't better tomorrow, go see a Doc.  Seriously...these days food poisoning is nothing to chance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#29]
A few weeks ago there was a "what was your worst case of diarrhea" thread that I posted to.  Your experience sounds very much like mine, especially regarding "peeing out your pooper".

"Sports drinks" like Gatorade, which claim to replenish your electrolytes, are your best friend.  Drink lots of them.  Have friends keep an eye on you in case you get too dehydrated to function -- you can pass out, or worse.  You'll need to eat some solid food just to keep your energy up, but take it easy.  White rice is easy to digest, especially if you cook it into mush.  Anything you eat, be sure it's well-cooked until anything in it is definitely dead;  you don't need to get a second bug.

You probably should go see a doctor, just in case.  Diarrhea lasting more than a couple of days is dangerous.  Mine lasted about five days.

One thing -- the usual OTC antidiarrheal medicines like Pepto-Bismol warn against use in some cases.  I think "more than a couple of days" is one of the "don't use" criteria, IIRC.  I took one dose, started bleeding internally (little blood clots coming out along with everything else), and quit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#30]
pedialyte.  found in all grocers and drug stores.  got to stay hydrated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ALL YOUR BASE STOMACH CONTENTS ARE BELONG TO US.

Take off every zig toiletseat.

You have no chance to survive...make your time...HAHAHA!

-Nugz
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]

If you eat, eat yogurt, bread or cheese, this will introduce good bacteria into your gut that will help crowd out bacteria like e. coli. DO NOT USE ANTIBIOTICS EXCEPT UNDER YOUR DOCTORS ORDERS! Check with Ed Sr. or someone, too, but one of the harmful things that antibiotics do is they kill A LARGE AMOUNT OF BACTERIA IN YOUR SYSTEM INCLUDING THE GOOD AND IMPORTANT STUFF. This can be dangerous because some strains of e.coli are anti biotic reisistant and if the good bacteria is cleared out of your system the e.coli can take over. The toxins from e.coliH57 and botuli bacterium can REALLY fuck you up BAD if they are allowed to propogate unchecked.

If you don't treat it you will most likely develope chronic heartburn. You need to get the bacteria in your digestive system in check so they can do their job.

My daughter was voilently ill with food poisoning and I took her to a Naturapathic Physician. He prescribed a treatment and she was better within a couple hours. I also purchased a few packs of  Replete that contain billions of acidophil and bifida bateria that will balance the flora in your system. ...It works...

MT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top