Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 5:35:40 PM EDT
Very nervous. Left eye needs to be corrected 6.75 and the right eye 5.50. Did a lot of checking about LASIK and checked with some of his costomers. Any comments?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My uncle had it done and he says it's great, He says he's never been able to see so good in his life, and he doesnt get headaches anymore.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I was over 20/550 in both eyes, and now I'm 20/15 on a good day.  That's better than 20/20.  Haven't had any real problems with night driving, halos and such.  I had it done in early 2000 and I'm 37.  I wish I could have had it done 10 years ago or sooner.  Oh well.  I highly recommend it over any new toys, cars, etc.  It's highly worthy it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It`s been 4 years now best thing I ever did know about a dozen people who had it done all the same great just give it a week or so it get better after a little time remember its not the machine it`s the doc the more they do the better it`s like shooting
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Money well spent. I'm now 20/15 in both eyes.

It's great shooting iron sights again without
glasses or contacts!

The process is a bit nerve racking,[%|] but it's
over in a matter minutes.

You won't regret it.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I was always under the impression that this was restricted to the more common problem of  "short-sightedness". I am "long-sighted" but with corrective contacts of more than 11.

Anyone know the limitations of this type of surgery?

Incidentally, enigma2y0u, I know of many (short-sighted) people who have had this done, with no problems. I wish you all the best for tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I too have an LASIK appointment on Thursday, best of luck with yours enigma2y0u! I will, of course, follow up with a detailed report.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife and mother-in-law are both going for theirs next Friday.  My father-in-law had it done last July and he was disappointed for the first week or so, but then his vision gradually increased.  He is very impressed with the procedure now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife and mother-in-law are both going for theirs next Friday.  My father-in-law had it done last July and he was disappointed for the first week or so, but then his vision gradually increased.  He is very impressed with the procedure now.
View Quote

That first week is a real bitch.  The surgeons had some difficulty attaching the vacuum thing to my right eye, so it was a little more bruised than normal.  Took about 3 weeks to stop feeling swelled and for my vision to peak (20/10).  But, considering the gain, that first month was well worth it, just like any other surgery.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I had it done a month ago. I love it. Both my eyes corrected to 20/15. I had slight astigmatism. The first week was a pain in the rear. Eyes were dry as hell. Just keep them flushed with the drops they give you and it will be ok.

I kept drops in my eyes before they felt dry. I give them a good flushing once a day. It makes them feel a lot better all day. You can't use the drops too much. When your eyes feel just a tiny bit dry, hit em with the drops.

It will turn out fine if you picked a reputable doc and checked with previous patients.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I had lasik back in March. I love it. I've never seen this good before. I'm 20/15 in right eye and 20/20 in left eye. Like the guys said theres some discomfort and failure to focus at times through the first week and you'll need eye drops. I'd have it done again in a heartbeat[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
WELL, HOW WAS IT? CAN YOU READ THIS WITHOUT YOUR GLASSES NOW?

I've been considering getting this done, I'm just a little leery of having someone cut my eyes.

Did you fire your best shot group prior to doing it?
It would be interesting to see if it improved (pre surgery with glasses vs. post surgery without, open sights.)
Don't forget to wear safety glasses now when you shoot!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have done Laser PRK instead of LASIK.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#13]
    My surgery went well, no pain or discomfort and it just took 15 minutes! If you watch someone else's surgery, be warned it looks much worse that what you will have to undergo. I have a bit of haloing right now, but that should subside over the next two weeks, and it has dramatically subsided over the last 12 hours. No pain or dry eye post-operatively, and my vision is 20/20, but that may improve when the haloing subsides. Shooting my AR is in the aggenda tomorrow, we will see if I am up the the challenge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top