Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
Hey guys I know this should be in the glock section but I kind of need a answer ASAP. I just bought my first glock today (modle 19). I have a HOGUE Handall rubber slip on grip for it. In the instructions it says to help get it on the gun to put it in boiling hot water. Problem is is that it dont say how long to leave it in the water. Anyone have an idea or any other sugestions to help get this grip on. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You're not cooking it, just long enough for it to get warm and soften up.  That said, you can get it on at room temp if you just put some muscle behind it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
As my father would say....

"It's not like we're building a bomb here..."

You probably dont even need boiling water, just as hot of tap water as you can get to loosen it up a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As my father would say....

"It's not like we're building a bomb here..."

You probably dont even need boiling water, just as hot of tap water as you can get to loosen it up a bit.

+1

Last one I just fought with until I got it on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you can get it on at room temp if you just put some muscle behind it.

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Hair dryer works just as good
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
first go buy some dynamite...no no no better yet get some det cord and c-4..now this is going to be loud so you need to do it outside...well what about neighbors...hhmm**LOOKS AT NOTES**...il have to get back to you on this one its a toughie
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#7]
You may not believe it but hairspray works best. It lubricates the the rubber and it slides right on the grip. It also acts as an adhesive to hold it in place. Just spray the inside of the grip with spray and slide it on real quick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Be sure you really want that extra grip on it.

I'd recommend shooting it stock for starters....then throw the extra grip on it....

I say this because I had a rubber grip on it but ended up taking it off.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Cook it until it's el dente.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]

i just forced the dang houge along the Glock's grip....

just get the top edges of the grip started slowly around the grip's bottom and force it up using your thumb/fingers and palm--it'll get up there eventually

you can try some windex of something to make it slick (like soap on your hand to get off a ring)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#12]
The grip on a 19 is kind of dinky.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cook it until it's el dente.

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys I got it on. It is a 19. Does anyone have a 19 with a hoge handall. If so it seems to me it needs trimed or it needs a little adjustment. Along the bottom of the grip the rubber is pretty close to hanging over the edge. But if the rubber grip is not that close to the edge then the rubber grip covers up part of the mag release. It still drops the mag free but I have to push a little harder on the mag release because the top of the rubber hoge grip is just touching the mag release. Does anyone else have this problem, if so what did you do about it. I'm thinking about takeing a razor knife and trimmimg it up a little bit. BTW the gun fits my hand better with the grip on it as opposed to it not being on it. Thanks for the help guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top