Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 11:37:41 PM EDT
I'm in the process of putting together a website and need some help. I basicly need a few people to play around with the site and let me know what they think about the navigation of the site. There isnt much content on the site yet as I've been working on the structure a lot.

The URL is www.selfsufficientliving.com

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:51:34 PM EDT
Looks good to me..... Nice clean design and simple to view, definitely a good approach.

Less clutter is ALWAYS preferrable...

The one thing that bugs me is that banner with the wolves heads on it...

It's REALLY blurry and distracts the hell out of my eye, plus makes it really difficult to look at the page as a whole. I'd get a clearer version, or just ditch it for something else altogether.

Beyond that, nicely done so far. Good luck with it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:58:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JB69:
Looks good to me..... Nice clean design and simple to view, definitely a good approach.

It's REALLY blurry and distracts the hell out of my eye, plus makes it really difficult to look at the page as a whole. I'd get a clearer version, or just ditch it for something else altogether.

Yeah I will have to see what I can do with that banner. Something cleaner would definately be nice.

I really appreciate the honest feedback.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:01:31 AM EDT
Cleaned up the banner, that was an easier fix than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:31:34 AM EDT
Bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:07:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By schapman43:

Originally Posted By JB69:

Yeah I will have to see what I can do with that banner. Something cleaner would definately be nice.

I really appreciate the honest feedback.

My pleasure.... It looks much better now, so here's a free bump for ya
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:15:31 PM EDT
I'm on a 19" monitor at 1024x768 and I still have to scroll back and forth (horizontally) to view the entire page.

Other than that, it has a good look and is simple.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 8:20:01 PM EDT by Handsome_Rob]
Saw this on the front page..

Saw some spelling errors, and made some personal suggestions..

-------------------
The objective of this site is to provider individuals and families with a source of information. There are many sites on the internet with lots of information. My (Our?) goal is to bring all that information together in one easy to navigate site.

(I dont think the first sentence is necessary.) I am not a nut who thinks everyone should pull themselves of the power grid and grow all their own food. I(We?) believed you should use all the conveniences that you have available to you but still be able to survice if they weren't available(2nd available necessary?).

Please be patient as I assemble content. If you have anything you would like published please let me know. I would be happy to give full credit and put your information on the site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:21:43 PM EDT
I'm not that picky, looks good to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:42:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Handsome_Rob:
Saw this on the front page..

Saw some spelling errors, and made some personal suggestions..

-------------------
The objective of this site is to provider individuals and families with a source of information. There are many sites on the internet with lots of information. My (Our?) goal is to bring all that information together in one easy to navigate site.

(I dont think the first sentence is necessary.) I am not a nut who thinks everyone should pull themselves of the power grid and grow all their own food. I(We?) believed you should use all the conveniences that you have available to you but still be able to survice if they weren't available(2nd available necessary?).

Please be patient as I assemble content. If you have anything you would like published please let me know. I would be happy to give full credit and put your information on the site.

WoW! I'm a retard! I really should start proof reading things before I post them!

PS: If anyone has any content that they would like to add to the site let me know. I will give full credit to the creator.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:43:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Eric_Mayer:
I'm on a 19" monitor at 1024x768 and I still have to scroll back and forth (horizontally) to view the entire page.

Other than that, it has a good look and is simple.

Eric

Thats odd that you have to scroll back and forth. I will take a look at the site using lower resolution to see if I can duplicate what you are seeing. The site should fill your screen with no need to scroll at any resolution.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 8:56:09 PM EDT by pattymcn]
Nice design. Patty

*ETA* I would suggest that you use a bit darker font for the left hand margin navigation as it would be difficult to read for the above 40 crowd.
Top Top