Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:38:38 AM EST
Has any of you ever lost your checkbook?

1. What do you the first thing you do when you lose your checkbook?

2. What if someone got a hold of your checkbook and he starts writing checks beyond your limit? Is there a way to find out who has been fradualently using your checkbook?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:39:33 AM EST
No I have not.

Call your bank and have your account frozen.

The sooner you do this the better off you will be.

Max
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:39:54 AM EST
I have lost my check book three times. Then I got married. I haven't lost it since. In fact, I havn't seen it either.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:42:04 AM EST
no i have not
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:53:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
I have lost my check book three times. Then I got married. I haven't lost it since. In fact, I havn't seen it either.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:01:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By m_jacobs_wife:
Has any of you ever lost your checkbook?

1. What do you the first thing you do when you lose your checkbook?

2. What if someone got a hold of your checkbook and he starts writing checks beyond your limit? Is there a way to find out who has been fradualently using your checkbook?

I don't carry around my checkbook anymore. Anything I need to write a check for, I just charge it on my CC. They send me a bill once per month, and I pay it from home with a check.

Yeah contact your bank ASAP, and freeze the account.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:16:11 AM EST
My checkbook was stolen at the same time that my breifcase, fishing gear, camera bag with three cameras, and tools were stolen from my truck.

Filed a police report and went to the bank.

The bank closed out my account and started a new one. Its the best thing to do. Its cheaper and safer.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:27:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 7:00:00 AM EST by warlord]

Originally Posted By Win_88:
My checkbook was stolen at the same time that my breifcase, fishing gear, camera bag with three cameras, and tools were stolen from my truck.

Don't leave valuables in your vehicle any longer than necesary. This is a very hard/tough to lesson to learn. A fellow at the local range had left his guns in his car after an early evening shooting session. That night, his car was stolen along with his guns. For myself, I always put my easily replaced equipment in my car first, and the more expensive guns & scopes etc in last when I am just about to leave. Of course at the end of the shooting session, the expensive stuff goes out with me first. Just like your children, never leave valuables in your car for any extended time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:27:38 AM EST
My check book does not leave the confines of my house. Highly improbable of it ever becoming 'lost'.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:56:52 AM EST
Heh . That thing goes missing every few days . In fact I keep three of them in rotation around the house . BUT I hardly ever write checks . Like maybe one or two every six months or so .
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:09:09 AM EST
Why would you carry your checkbook out of your house?

There is no more need for checks in retail stores. In fact, at stores like grocery store and Home Depot, where people are lined up to check out, I consider writing a check a extremely rude.

Use cash or a credit card and speed things along for the rest of us. Thanks.
Top Top