Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 2:57:57 PM EDT
I've been at soooo many gun shows and around some pretty crazy suckers, but I have never been approached by anyone like "The Branch Davidians".  I would not even consider such an organization unless things got really, REALLY bad.  Any of you been approached or been attempted at recruiting?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never been approached by a militia member, but I'd love to join one. Not anything like those crazyass branch davidian types, but guys like me who hate the government and like to shoot military type rifles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. Not a once.  I'm hopeful though.

The guy I sold my Carbon-15 to looked like one of 'em.  Anyone wearing realtree to a gunshow [b]deserves[/b] a carbon-15.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, but I was once introduced to David Koresh at an Austin Gun Show by Kevin of ---
Firearms. It was about six months or so before the Mt. Carmel stuff went down.

It was at a point in Koresh's life where he still wore the temple locks.

Kevin introduced him to me this way: 'Hey, Hun, I want you to meet someone who knows as much about the Bible as you do!'

We just said 'Howdy' and that was that. I think we were both embarrassed by the way Kevin introduced us. At least I know I was.

Strange thing about it though, was that the Sunday morning of February 28, 1993, I was at the Gun Show in Irving, Texas, and the news was just coming out about what was happening in Waco.

I came to Kevin's tables, and he said 'Hun, you won't believe this, but that guy you met at the Gun Show in Austin, that's the same guy that had the shootout with the ATF.'

BTW, Kevin was a witness at the trial of the Mt. Carmel survivors.  

Eric The(Strange,ButTrueStoriesFromTexas)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Eric: Kevin Essex?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I know that the Missouri 51st Militia had a table at gun shows. They also had very tight security that kept the troublemakers (ADL, SPLC) out.

The best thing to do is form your own cell unit of people who you TRUST WITH YOUR LIFE. There are too many feds/paid informants/agent provocateurs infiltrating and setting up for busts the more public militias.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a good point.  The Militia Movement now resembles the KKK of the 60's and 70's.  There are probably an equal number of Fed's to actual members.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never been approached by anyone at a gun show but one of my best friends and his brother are in a chapter here in Michigan.  They do alot of real cool things for the town like adopt a highway and have food drives.  I have always thought of joining him on their monthly camping trips but have always been too busy with school.  Also, unlike the KKK, there is no policy regarding race in the militia as far as I know.  Around here they are a bunch of damn nice guys who get quite alot of community support.

Keving67
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I've Never been approached,but I would like to perhaps get a "Cell" started in my area just something like a close nit group that are survivalist minded. Anyone in the Maryland,Deleware,D.C. or Southern PA areas interested???

[b]Come for my guns......I'll give ya the bullets first!![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a millita of one [:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
So, how do militias determine who is in charge? Do they vote? Are there qualifications to obtain rank?  Do they have UCMJ?

I have a picture in my head of some rednecks, no offense,sitting around in a basement saying things like, "Ok, Bob you can be the Col. but I get to be the Capt".  

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never been approached.  Maybe, it's because I shave everyday?z
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually, according to the legal definition of the militia, all able-bodied men over the age of 17 are the militia.  Here is part of the code, a link is provided to the rest.

[url]http://www.webleyweb.com/klh/militia1.html[/url]

Legal Definition of "The Militia"

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A - General Military Law
PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are -

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia;

and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

UNITED STATES CODE

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Arent we all "The Militia"? The unorganized militia that is.[heavy]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, I do get a lot of laughs from their websites though.

Like this one:
[url]http://home.talkcity.com/LibertySt/kentuckyranger/[/url]

If you're gonna post a "last testiment" it's going to be rough trying to raise that 10,000 man army when everyone can see that you didn't even bother to run spellcheck on the most important document you ever wrote in your life!

I love their photos section also--hard to take these guys seriously. Very hard.

What was that movie with Robin Williams?  The Survivors?  "If you guys are the future, shoot me now, because I don't want to be a part of it!"

They improve my outlook on our rotten system from "pretty bad" to "sorta not good".  Know what I mean?  Might be another Taliban in the making here, I can't tell.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I tried to join the Michigan Militia when I was there, but they wouldn't let me. Funny, nobody seems to recognize them here in Phoenix(The Land of Dry Poop and Dry Boogers).
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's the link to the photos:

[url]http://www.kentuckystatemilitia.cc/[/url]

Live fire exercise--are those Mausers?

Women are encouraged to participate!!! LOL!!! Nice 10/22 there sweetie.  You busy Friday night?  Oh, didn't see that you were missing so many teeth there, uh, you're only thirteen? Actually, I gotta go.

Here's a tip: Stop wearing so much damn camouflage.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#20]

I think I would like to speak with a few. Just to hear them out and maybe get some literature to study on before making a decision one way or another.

That one in Missouri sounds like a good one but with that much publicity how would you know if infiltraitors were present. I wouldn't be ashamed of being connected to one but I don't want to advertise it either.

To me an effective militia only shows up when its really needed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
heck you guys have heard about possi comitatus or however you spell it.
i'm going start my own militia,it's gonna be called "possibly comatoasted",bunch of drunken couch potato's that sit around drink and bitch about their wives.
anytime you drop by it's possible we might be comatos from the alcohol.
rescue92
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes. Someone from the boards as a matter of fact. Not this one, but another.....I am sure you all will know which.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am a millita of one [:)]
View Quote

Hahaha now that is hillarious.  How about some ads on TV like this:

"Yer sittin at the cumpooter, readin ar15.com, ya sees a post about a feller who got locked up by tha ATF for no reason, it pisses ya off.  Ya look at yer Mauser, yer Beer, and yer couch.  What do YOU do?

Darrel Jones, a Militia of One"

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been approached a couple times.  I told them to their face that I personally expected there were more federal agents and police informants in most militias than there were actual members.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#26]
[left]Are these the same guys that are old, heavy, out of shape, these are also some of the same guys that smoke heavy! ive seen them sit at gun shows and gun shoot's coughing there heads off packing there cigerette's. the answer is no ive never been approched![/left]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]
No. I don't think there any around me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Being a native of Michigan, I know people actively involved with the militia.  I have never been asked, because it's obvious  to them in casual conversation that I'm not interested.

I don't care if they want to have a militia group........it is a right.

It does seem that the physical training is direly neglected in the militia program.[}:D]  

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
    To me an effective militia only shows up when its really needed.
View Quote

Exactly. In the rare and damn near impossible case where a militia would be [i]needed[/i], you'd find people coming through the woodwork. Hook them up with yer "toys" and off you go. Never happen though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell all of us crazy basterds are milita,we still fight for the same old mother don't we! and shame on you killdeer for bringing this up again!!      bob cole
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea IAN-NAKID those are the same old pot bellied fuckers that in 1967 were shaging the brush with the same guns you got now but real hot from blasting the shit out of cong!  wake up dip shit!!!!bob cole    Young don't mean shit old means you got past that disease called whiper-snapper!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Got invited exactly once about six or seven years ago, & went for the weekend.

More than anything else it was .........BORING! Never joined, or went again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#35]
nope...not yet
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#36]
ummmm, why do you ask????, i mean, NO, what's a militia (looking away)
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#37]
ummmm, why do you ask????, i mean, NO, what's a militia? (looking away)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top