Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/21/2009 6:51:49 AM EDT
Event For  Discussion  

The thought has occurred to me that this may go well, but be buried by the MSM. It has also occurred to me that big brother may instigate something on the less than up and up and spin us off as something 180 degrees  than what is intended. Either way. I'm going with a group of friends and fellow veterans who haven't rolled over.

What are the hive thoughts? Constructive commentary appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:03:51 AM EDT
Godspeed to you and your friends. I think people are drawing lines in the sand everywhere. I respect what you are doing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:17:24 AM EDT
WTH, I'll come.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:21:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2009 7:26:10 AM EDT by Dragracer]
Are you FOING!?

ETA: IBTL

I thought about polling if people would be willing to visit DC armed.  I would like to see some specifics about where it would be possible to have this rally.  If not at the capitol then what is the point?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:27:37 AM EDT
I could see that date causing a lot of raised eyebrows.

Domestic terrorism, and all that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:28:24 AM EDT
I think that if that's what your heart is telling you to do then that's what you should do. It's going to be a lawful assembly - good for you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:28:51 AM EDT
Unless it happens on the steps in D.C it won't matter a bit.

Just some looney's  with guns is all Congress and the Whitehouse would think.

They can't be bothered with this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2009 7:41:16 AM EDT by 1903pa]
Your reasoning for carrying weapons "especially rifles" is seriously flawed. I must wonder if there is not one more an agents provocateer among you who just wants to creat an incident that the liberal press can use to come down one the rest of us sane, law abiding citizens. Think about what you do and the possible concequences of your actions before you act or even concider an action and put it in writing for everyone in the world to see.  
    When I consider what or any reason I might pick up or carrry a long arm it really is only for actual use, not display. If I'm carrying a weapon for defence its a side arm and its usually concealled. I pose this thought to you so that you might concider it as well. Think, then act. Be safe!
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 8:25:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2009 8:27:34 AM EDT by lighteye67]
Interesting honest input so far...thanks guys. I'll share it tonight with my friend Dan who thought it up originally.

As far as the "agent provocateur" line of thought, it is always a possibility as we expand the invitations out. Once it leaves the core half dozen of us, we don't exactly have leashes on folks. Our hope is that we can weed out the kooks and put them at the other end of the event. I hope to hell that my tinfoil  detector is functioning that day. We are all responsible and honorable men and do not want to bring in the whack jobs in favor of FOing on the spot. That's always been a concern of mine.

My heart says it's time, and I noticed that one of you caught the date. Good on you if referring to 1775, if not, then shame.  I hope not to repeat the events that occurred that date, and have no desire to provoke anything except to pose a reminder that not all of us are lined up to kiss the butt's of  O and our duly elected deaf-mutes.

We fully plan on doing everything within the framework of VA and nat'l  law. Time will tell if we did the right thing as free men.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:11:53 AM EDT
Rock on.... me thinks rifles shouldnt be humped about in public until there is a reason a .45 will not do .

FWIW
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:19:42 AM EDT
ANYTHING will do... a warm body is worth a hundred rifles. OC is legal there...join us. Rifles aren't mandatory, just be safe sane, and there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:22:43 AM EDT
Copypasta for those with webnanny?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 9:22:58 AM EDT
Go for it! Why the he'll not.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:17:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:
Copypasta for those with webnanny?

Too much to post here. PM me an email if you'd like and I'll send it that way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 11:20:08 AM EDT
Be aware that these guys are talking about openly carrying long arms (don't have a problem with that part), right near the glide path to Reagan National Airport.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 12:23:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Be aware that these guys are talking about openly carrying long arms (don't have a problem with that part), right near the glide path to Reagan National Airport.

Yeah, after further ruminations, I think bulldog1967 is right.  The location being right by National Airport combined with open-carry long guns will lead to some of the most vilifying press ever seen.

I think the event that would have the most positive impact at the moment would be a massive demonstration outside CNN in Atlanta or DC, or at NBC or CBS in NYC.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:16:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wmounts:

Yeah, after further ruminations, I think bulldog1967 is right.  The location being right by National Airport combined with open-carry long guns will lead to some of the most vilifying press ever seen.

I think the event that would have the most positive impact at the moment would be a massive demonstration outside CNN in Atlanta or DC, or at NBC or CBS in NYC.

Muzzles down, FUDDs

bulldog1967 is most likely of the Not In My Backyard mentality, or NIMBYs. It's going to happen regardless. No one will be brandishing anything at anyone.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:52:28 PM EDT
I admire your spirit and support your intentions, but I think it's all pretty pointless unless you plan to continue to march to DC with those firearms and a whole bunch of rope.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:55:24 PM EDT

Oh my god! think of the planes! some right-wing nutjob could bring an evil 50-caliber barrett anti-aircraft machine gun assault cannon and shoot down every plane going into the airport from up to 87 miles away.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 2:05:21 PM EDT
At this point, part of the fight is for the direction of the government, and part of the fight is the hearts and minds of the so-called independent voter.  If we do things that are really "out there", we will lose at least one of those battles.  I'm not saying no to an open carry march, but the location currently selected creates extra obstacles that may or may not be overcome.  

RE: bulldog167 & the NIMBY comment - He's on the front lines here in VA for CCW and open carry.  How about you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 2:19:14 PM EDT
They do NOT care about what the people want.

If they did, they wouldn't be turning a blind eye to what we are saying.

They have their own agenda, which may or may not align with any political affiliation within the masses.  Our "Democracy" has turned into a foux democracy which is becoming more akin to a dictatorship in the way that it operates.

We have politicians that are very good at twisting the meanings of the Constitution in order to further their goals of eroding it so that they may garner more power, affect change, or "make us safer/for the children us."

If we were a real democracy, the people would have risen up and thrown them off our backs a long time ago.  We are not a people that want a democracy, we are a people who want to live how we want and have nobody else live any differently than we do.  We don't care what the .gov does unless it takes away one of the rights that we exercise.

Pure and simple, American's are too lazy for Democratic governance.  We are getting the government that we deserve because we are too pussified to take care of the real problems instead of playing feel good politics.
Top Top