Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:13:34 PM EDT
Where is the haunted train track located in Texas? The one where you leave your car in neutral and it gets pushed up hill?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:15:17 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:15:43 PM EDT
I don't remember the location, but they surveyed the site and found out it was an optical illusion, it's actually downhill, and the ghosts are really just plain old gravity.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:15:58 PM EDT
Your google fu is weak my son...

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa031201a.htm
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:16:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 2:16:52 PM EDT by VooDoo3dfx]

Originally Posted By buckmaw:

Your hotlink fu is also weak.. my son.

paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa031201a.htm

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:18:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
I don't remember the location, but they surveyed the site and found out it was an optical illusion, it's actually downhill, and the ghosts are really just plain old gravity.

Does not sound like it.

"Pacheco also succeeded with the powder test, having dusted the back of her black station wagon with talcum. "I was so excited, I got out to check the back of my car and there were the tiny handprints! Plain and clear, and so, so tiny! The prints were so perfect, you could see the lines of the palms, and the swirls of the fingerprints!"

She was so thrilled with the results that Pacheco repeated the experiment, with even more startling results: "Up and over the hill again," she says. "I got out, and there were several little handprints, not only on the back of the car, but down the sides toward the back doors! And there was one big handprint on the side! (The sides had also been wiped down.) Could this be a handprint from the bus driver? That's what we think.."
"
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 2:19:05 PM EDT by BUCC_Guy]

Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

Originally Posted By buckmaw:

Your hotlink fu is also weak... my son.

paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa031201a.htm

Your punctuation fu is weak... sweetheart.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:19:04 PM EDT
supposedly in San Antonio... I know people who went there and drank the kool aid...

crock.

the train wreck that supposedly caused it never even happened in Texas - it was in Salt Lake City.
(snopes write-up)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:27:30 PM EDT
Its in San Antonio, I forget how you get there, I had gone up to San Antonio with my girlfriend and her dad lives up there he showed us the spot.

I vaguely remember, that you get off Military Dr, and turn on some other road, and then turn into some residential neighborhoods, and a ways in you will end up where the tracks were.

When we got there there were about 4 other cars doing it too.

It was pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 5:40:43 PM EDT by hanau]
think about every state has one of those folklores.if i remember right there is on in Ohio.
theshadowlands.net/places/ohio.htm

Cortland - 5 Points - 5 roads, all of which have some kind of mysterious things happen. On one road there is a haunted farm house. On Another, people were hung and the ropes are still there. On another, there is an underpass, 2 men got killed because their car had stalled, they went to push the car up the hill through the underpass, the car rolled back on them, crushing them. So now its said if you put your car in Neutral and roll back down the hill, the boys push your car up the hill.

Hartford - 5-points - It is said that if you turn down the diagonal road off of 5-points and go under the bridge and put your car in neutral, you will feel it being pushed up the hill by ghosts of children who died there in a car crash. Also if you go down the other diagonal road and come to train tracks and look down you will see an on coming train. Along with the tracks there will be a house beside it which is haunted by a woman who was killed there

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:38:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 5:42:54 PM EDT by capnrob97]
Dang, my Dad took me there on a cross-country trip from east coast to west coast...

It did roll after putting it in neutral, but now I think it was an optical illusion, making the street look like going up rather than down, I was 10 at the time...

NC has the 'Brown Mountain Lights' , another weird thing...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT
Puting your car in neutral on the tracks and waiting to be "pushed" has some darwin potential.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Puting your car in neutral on the tracks and waiting to be "pushed" has some darwin potential.

The one we visited was a street next to the tracks, I will have to find it again and do some 'vestigating now I am a wee bit past 10 yo'...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 5:53:42 PM EDT by Gloftoe]
Top Top