Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 11:57:28 AM EDT
I want to get a helmet or two for collection and before they get banned too but don't know what size to get? I know I need a large for my big melon any help please?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
hey, keep your eyes our for a used one. i have seen used desert camo ones for 30 somthing. a new one like in US cavs will cost you a LOT
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't those kevlar helmets have Half-Lives like the vests?  Is so, you might as well put a flower pot on your head and save the $30 for a used helmet.  I'm not sure, but I though I remember someone telling me so.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe that the major reason the kevlar vests deteriorate is that the fibers are weakened by repeated flexing.  Since the helmets aren't bent, folded or stretched the way the vests are, they should maintain their strength much longer.   [(:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top