Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 7/20/2013 12:00:46 PM EDT
I was reading another topic on this board and I wanted to bring this up. I live in a nice neighborhood in AZ. I havn't really heard of any crime since I moved out here about a year and a half ago. I live in a house that basically has a wall surrounding this community of homes. I was out getting my mail at night, and a couple patrol cars came screaming down my street and pulled up in front of my house. I was in my damn boxer shorts and flip flops grabbing my mail. They got out of their cars, and I asked them if there was a problem. Then they immediately started questioning me. I aksed why I was being questioned for getting my mail, and how they even saw me. They said they saw me out behind my house, which is where the wall of the community opens. This is bullshit because I wasnt behind my house. I was in front of my house, getting my damn mail. I told them this, and they had nothing to say. Then they continued to question me...asking questions such as which home is mine, which car is mine, what my name and dob are, what my tattoos mean, what I do for a living. Everything I told them, they wrote down on a peice of paper. I asked why they were taking down this type of information, and they stated that they have to do this for every person that they come in contact with. The good citizen I am, I did not give them ALL of the info that they wanted, but really didnt want to get hassled late at night, so I wished them a good night and went back inside. Now that I look back on the situation, I really shouldnt have said a god damn thing, but my ex was a cop, and I wasnt thinking anybody was out to get me. Then I peak out my window, and they moved their patrol cars up the street about 10 feet and were clearly running my plates. I walked back out and asked if there was going to be a problem. They said no. I walked back in.

This frustrates the fuck out of me. I was out getting my damn mail. They lied about how they saw me. I clearly had my mail in my hands. They had no reason to be there or run my plates of my car that was in my driveway. I really should have just asked if I was being arrested or detained and walked back inside, but I wasnt trying to make enemies, as I am new to Arizona and the area in general. I was being profiled. I probably have a freaking red dot on my damn mailbox now, for all i know.

This is what things are coming to now. Its sad, and its pathetic.

I wanted to share that...pretty much just a rant. None of it made sense to me. I'm really debating calling the department and asking them if that is SOP, and asking what they do with the info of the ridiculous questions that they ask law abiding citizens.

Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Hide your dog.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Check, Check and Check.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you think the tattoos were a smart choice?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
In before the wrong house raid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Why are you outside in your underwear?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
you should have gone back out and started video taping this injustice!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cliff notes?
View Quote

Inky wears underwear outside to get mail. Cops show up and ask questions then run plates. No dags shot, no wrong house raids........ YET.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check, Check and Check.
View Quote

add another check - inkie

I have nothing against inkies, but it seems to be a check box on the unspoken arfcom troll questionnaire
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have nothing against inkies, but it seems to be a check box on the unspoken arfcom troll questionnaire
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check, Check and Check.

I'm also an inkie... But I am also clean cut and dress nicely. Honestly the thought of profiling rarely comes into my head.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

If someone in their underwear is going through mailboxes at night they might look suspicious.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isnt that how everyone gets their mail?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If someone in their underwear is going through maiboxes at night they might look suspicious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone in their underwear is going through maiboxes at night they might look suspicious.

Nope.  He was just getting hassled by the man.  Cocksucking Jack Booted Thugs.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Newbs have all the good stories
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't talk to the police.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
3/10

-2 for lack of creative cursing.
-2 for not insulting the officers.
-3 for not asking "am I being detained".
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
So they asked you questions and you answered...I don't see any problems here?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Look I can confirm one thing. Most departments have a policy that every contact with a citizen must be documented. EVERY contact and sometimes a small field report (mdc/computer) must be conducted. That's usually part of their policies. As for the rest who knows. But as a citizen you can request a copy of the field report.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Newbs have all the good stories
View Quote

I know, right?  I'm starting to suspect troll thread, as he hasn't responded to anyone yet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Check, Check and Check.
View Quote
yep

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Look I can confirm one thing. Most departments have a policy that every contact with a citizen must be documented. EVERY contact and sometimes a small field report (mdc/computer) must be conducted. That's usually part of their policies. As for the rest who knows. But as a citizen you can request a copy of the field report.
View Quote

Or, I don't know, maybe he can put pants on before he goes outside to get his mail?  People frolicking about at night in their skivies is going to tend to draw attention.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Nosy neighbor called the fuzz on inky as a "suspicious prowler."
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I have three tattoos total. All are on the inside of my wrists and can be covered by a watch. No skulls, no gang symbols, nothing that would offend anybody. I'm a clean cut white boy. They even asked me if I was this big from steroids. Are you kidding me?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to check our mail in our underpants without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded...
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have three tattoos
total. All are on the inside of my wrists and can be covered by a watch. No skulls, no gang symbols, nothing that would offend anybody. I'm a clean cut white boy. They even asked me if I was this big from steroids. Are you kidding me?
View Quote
yeah ok

so let me get this right.  the cops in AZ are profiling "clean cut" white boys?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Makes me wonder if there's been burglaries in your area.

However, no burglar will run around in flip flops.  You'd have to kick them off to run.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have three tattoos total. All are on the inside of my wrists and can be covered by a watch. No skulls, no gang symbols, nothing that would offend anybody. I'm a clean cut white boy. They even asked me if I was this big from steroids. Are you kidding me?
View Quote

Screen name is fitting.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if they were nicer than the tats the cops were sporting.  

OP doesn't back into the driveway? They can run my plates, but they're gonna have to get out of their car to do it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#29]
are you a person of color sir?  (not the color of milk, rice, a paper plate or snow)
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Or, I don't know, maybe he can put pants on before he goes outside to get his mail?  People frolicking about at night in their skivies is going to tend to draw attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, all my neighbors know and like me. I'm not exactly a mean person. And it was late at night, so I ran out to my mail box in some shorts that I walk around the house in. I call them my boxers. "Officers, my neighbor is outside getting his mail with no shirt on. I think you should come take him in."
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm.... Did they ask if you had any paper plates?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Makes me wonder if there's been burglaries in your area.

However, no burglar will run around in flip flops.
 You'd have to kick them off to run.
View Quote

Part in red: Not true.  You wouldn't believe how stupid some burglars are.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
yep  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check, Check and Check.
yep  

This, and...

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LoL, all my neighbors know and like me. I'm not exactly a mean person. And it was late at night, so I ran out to my mail box in some shorts that I walk around the house in. I call them my boxers. "Officers, my neighbor is outside getting his mail with no shirt on. I think you should come take him in."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So which is it?  Shorts or boxers?  Some inconsistencies are emerging here.

ETA:  Everyone I know calls shorts, shorts.  Not boxers.  Why would someone call a pair of shorts, boxers?  One are shorts.  The other are underwear.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. Well. Tattooed shirtless white man? Yeah, that's like an episode of cops just waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
These two statements do not match.

Quoted:
I live in a nice neighborhood...
View Quote

Quoted:
I was in my damn boxer shorts and flip flops grabbing my mail.
View Quote

Does the OP live in a "Nice neighborhood"?  or does he live in a neighborhood where you can walk around in your underwear?

Which is it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Does the OP live in a "Nice neighborhood"?  or does he live in a neighborhood where you can walk around in your underwear?

Which is it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is it?

I didn't know the two were mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#40]
You KNOW it was one of the neighbors that called.

If it was me, from now on I'd yell "Fuck You, Asshole" every time I went to get my mail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is it?

Not necessarily, but most folks who live in nice neighborhoods have the decency not to traipse out to their mailbox in underwear.  

At least around here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Where do you carry your CCW while sporting nothing but tats and boxers?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
yeah ok  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah ok  

Cause I look so suspect?

href=http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh616/mutant250/baby1.jpg" />
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah ok  

Cause I look so suspect?

http://<a href=http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh616/mutant250/baby1.jpg</a>" />

No, but your little yellow sun dress is cute as all get out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Dammit DanTSX, knock it off
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't talk to the police.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Do u even wrk out bro?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah ok  

Cause I look so suspect?

http://<a href=http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh616/mutant250/baby1.jpg</a>" />

Do you also cover that tattoo on your finger with the watch on your wrist?

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do u even wrk out bro?

View Quote

Apparently he bench presses Fiats.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top