Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 8:03:26 PM EDT
Last time for me was the Desert Eagle 50AE.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard that question. She doesn't care. Bill are paid, cat is fed, the savings account increased this week, again.

Best thing is, she isn't a recreational shooter. She only trains to kill in self defense with her 2" .357 magnum.

It leaves a lot of FUNdage available for me and my toys. I truly love my wife!

Bob

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
ROFL
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I get that every time she she's a new pistol or rifle.  I just tell "oh that, I've had that for a long time".  YMMV.  Luckily, she doesn't look in the safe so she can't be sure if the collection is growing [;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I will in a week or two. Huh, SteyrAUG? [:D]
AB
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife doesn't ask, because they all look the same to her.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't just seem to do that, my gun dealer's wife works with my wife and she knows when my guns arrive before I do.
I do try like hell to sneek one in on her every now and then [naughty], but it is pretty damn hard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd say, "Mind your own business! Now get in the kitchen and bake me a pie!"
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've tried to hide some over the years but once she finds out all hell breaks loose.

So.......now I tell her before hand.  But I don't tell her the real cost.  Maybe about a third of what I really pay.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
This is why it is necessary to have multiple safes and many similar variants.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No.
But a friend figured out he had to stop making immediate deposits to his gun safe especially after pulling into the garage after ducks unlimited dinners.  Though in another part of the house, his wife knew the beep from the house alarm indicated he accessed the safe.  She'd play cool and ask what's new.  It took him a while to remember the beep function on the alarm.  

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Shit, I've this gun for years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, thanks!  I tried that and now I have no guns [:)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
i've tired that and it don't work with my wife.[argue]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Y'all need to buy at least a couple of each and just tell her its "Naw, just some new grips" [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I tell my wife I sell a gun to pay for a gun.

For example, I just told her I sold the Remington 597 22mag to pay for the 3rd AR.

The 22mag didn't fund all the cost of course.

Is it lying?  No.  It's all true though.  The less she knows about guns, the easier it is for me to buy them!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
No but my grandparents are in town visiting, and my grandfather asked me how many guns i have now, my Dad answered 4 and looked at me, so i just responded that you'd need two hands to count them. Pops was a little suprised, but didn't much care. now mom on the other hand was a little ticked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:08:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Luckily mine has a bad memory. I can convince her that I have had them for a while.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Luckily I filled in some holes in my collection before meeting my current lady.
She has a houseful to take care of, (3) 'teens and her dad, and our $ is pretty much accounted for, and will be for a while. Fortunately in my previous life, lack of money was not a big issue, and I did retain most of my important toys, (Guns, knives and tools) and do not feel neglected because I can't currently add to the collection. Our life is full and seldom get to play with them at this time anyway.
She is not a gun person, she knows that I have them, she knows that they are not up for grabs if we need cash and only asked that I make sure that they are secure from her kids.
New safe and a locked gun room from that exchange. The best part is that she knows that my current life is vastly different than before I et her and she appreciates the fact that I do it without comlaint. For some reason this translates into a substantial amount of personal attention, and I somehow don't get around to feeling too bad about my life.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]
My girlfriend did ask why are all your guns black?  She was used to her dad's hunting weapons.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is why it is necessary to have multiple safes and many similar variants.
View Quote

Ahhh, sooo wise.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife doesn't even need to see one to know! I came in carrying a brown cardboard box about 4"x4"x36" and she asked what kind of gun it was before I could set it down. It was a .375H&H barreled action.
Really, she doesn't get upset. If I am shooting at least she knows where I am. She also shoots some & insisted that I teach both kids.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#25]
When she asks, I tell here. She married me the way I am, guns and all. No reason to hide em, hell I make it a point at times to show her. After a few seconds of dancing around with the new toy in front of her, and "thats nice dear", its off to the office to put it away.

CH
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish it was,
"When did you get that one?"  
I get,
"Why did you get that one?"  
It is getting harder to answer that question.
SSD
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, I feel like a total pus*y here. I ask before I buy one. "Honey, can I buy this one now please?" But i have convinced her that guns are made for certain applications. My Ar is SHTF gun, handgun is for both of us, now I need my Remington 700 for my sniper gun, and then I need my Benelli shotgun for, well you know. She seems to understand this concept. the only problem is what do I tell her when I want another Ar or handgun?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok, I feel like a total pus*y here. I ask before I buy one. "Honey, can I buy this one now please?" But i have convinced her that guns are made for certain applications. My Ar is SHTF gun, handgun is for both of us, now I need my Remington 700 for my sniper gun, and then I need my Benelli shotgun for, well you know. She seems to understand this concept. the only problem is what do I tell her when I want another Ar or handgun?
View Quote

That may be but you probably never get that 'sinking' feeling when you get the 'look'  [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top